Levine - Manifesto - Soul Source - Ho Hum

Mike

Recently may have read the reports of Levine in the last issue of manifesto trying to rewrite history

Seems this month in part 2 of his interview he's now trying to rewrite soul source moderating decsions

No desire to make the past closure of an ex-member account an issue or whatever, I had considered this matter closed, however as what levine said is pure out and out sh*te and as published in the real world have got no other option but to put the record straight

manifesto quote

"Who do these people on Soul Source think they are any way ? How can they ban someone like Simon White simply for standing his ground ? Simon doesn't just paint one side, he tries to see it from all points of view and to ban him I think is heinous just because he doesn't agree with the majority of anally retentive anarchic puritanical posters on there"

meanwhile in the real world

simon whites account was closed as per below

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47283

latest in a long line of sh*t stirring against this site by levine

have to laugh

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got to say, i enjoyed Simon Whites posts in the main, seemed a nice bloke & i was quite shocked when he was ejected.

That said, i don't think the mods were left with much option at the time ! He seemed a bit out of sorts with a few others also, maybe he was having a bad time ?

If he wanted to come back on how about another chance ?

Feck all to do with IL though.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

"Who do these people on Soul Source think they are any way ? How can they ban someone like Simon White simply for standing his ground ? Simon doesn't just paint one side, he tries to see it from all points of view and to ban him I think is heinous just because he doesn't agree with the majority of anally retentive anarchic puritanical posters on there"

Hes off again is he? I'm pretty sure he dumped a few people off ANS for "standing their ground". "Anally retentive" means many things to many people, in Ian's case I suspect it means "They don't think I'm wonderful". Well sorry Ian, I for one don't. Shall we have a poll?

Social source share

I thought Ian Levine was concentrating on music production?

He must read this forum then to form an opinion.

It must be terrible to crave fame and acceptance only to find that its replaced by ridicule and rejection. A bit like a Soap Star who gets written out of the show because they thought they were bigger than they were.

Ed

Social source share

Does Ian really think that Soul Source has any influence on the great scheme of things? It's approximately the same 50 regulars talking about records and venues, that's all. Hardly threatening to anyone really.

Not sure about that Pete...Yes we only see a small number who post but i have many freinds who are on here every day but never post,they still read all the topics..They just aint aint attention seeking loudmouths like you and me biggrin.gif but they all count just the same...I would say that for the 50 that post there are 1,000 or more who read as much but don't post....

Social source share

Not sure about that Pete...Yes we only see a small number who post but i have many freinds who are on here every day but never post,they still read all the topics..They just aint aint attention seeking loudmouths like you and me :yes: but they all count just the same...I would say that for the 50 that post there are 1,000 or more who read as much but don't post....

shhh.gif It's just a PMT problem he has at the moment mate , read it in one of the other threads ! :lol:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Not sure about that Pete...Yes we only see a small number who post but i have many freinds who are on here every day but never post,they still read all the topics..They just aint aint attention seeking loudmouths like you and me biggrin.gif but they all count just the same...I would say that for the 50 that post there are 1,000 or more who read as much but don't post....

But it's what gets posted that he/they get upset about Steve

Social source share

Why do people ie Radio shows, Mags etc give time and space to someone who clearly has delusions of grandeur which arent recipricated from the listeners/buyers ? Its like a tabloid style slow motion car crash, he was relevent 30 years ago, not today.

Giving him publicity just shows that these mags/shows are starting to become irrelevent to todays soul scene, as with everything the internet is taking over.

IMHO

Gert Roach.

Social source share

Hes off again is he? I'm pretty sure he dumped a few people off ANS for "standing their ground". "Anally retentive" means many things to many people, in Ian's case I suspect it means "They don't think I'm wonderful". Well sorry Ian, I for one don't. Shall we have a poll?

NO AFRAID NOT, STUART U STOOD UR GROUND HE STOOD HIS, THE ONLY TIME HE WENT OFF WAS AFTER THE ROCKET ALL-NIGHTERS, HE JUST MISSED HIS NIGHT SLEEP LOL BILLY

Social source share

Got to say, i enjoyed Simon Whites posts in the main, seemed a nice bloke & i was quite shocked when he was ejected.

That said, i don't think the mods were left with much option at the time ! He seemed a bit out of sorts with a few others also, maybe he was having a bad time ?

If he wanted to come back on how about another chance ?

Feck all to do with IL though.

Simon White

Nice bloke?

Offensive e-mails, attempting to destroy someone's reputation and making serious efforts to interfere with that persons contracted work.

I don't think so. He was also kicked off another forum due to his behaviour , so he does have some previous.

Good riddance

Derek

Edited by blackwhite
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hes off again is he? I'm pretty sure he dumped a few people off ANS for "standing their ground".

So true, pretty much everybody alternated between being his best mate and his worst enemy on ANS depending on Ian's mood at the time. I remember after a verbal savaging once i posted up a glowing review of The Rocket and suddenly i was his blue eyed boy. ANS was a good laugh though. I hear it's back?

Social source share

Simon White

Nice bloke?

Offensive e-mails, attempting to destroy someone's reputation and making serious efforts to interfere with that persons contracted work.

I don't think so. He was also kicked off another forum due to his behaviour , so he does have some previous.

Good riddance

Derek

I don't really know the in's & out's of the personal spat that he was involved in Derek, nor the previous you mention, was just commenting how i generally enjoyed his postings before he was banned. & in the main he entered most threads in good spirit .

As i said though, i did think he left the site with no other option when he was banned, just wondered if the good out weighed the bad & he deserved another chance ?

That's assuming he want's it in the first place ?

Social source share

I don't really know the in's & out's of the personal spat that he was involved in Derek, nor the previous you mention, was just commenting how i generally enjoyed his postings before he was banned. & in the main he entered most threads in good spirit .

As i said though, i did think he left the site with no other option when he was banned, just wondered if the good out weighed the bad & he deserved another chance ?

That's assuming he want's it in the first place ?

It's amazing we have such different views of his contribution while he was a member. He always struck me as being an A grade shit-stirrer.

Derek

Social source share

It's amazing we have such different views of his contribution while he was a member. He always struck me as being an A grade shit-stirrer.

Derek

That's odd, Derek, because the Simon White I know is friendly and good natured, although his musical taste leaves a lot to be desired sometimes (joke).

Simon was an important part of this community and made many contributions.

Whatever happened, there are two (or more) sides to every story.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Simon White

Nice bloke?

Good riddance

Derek

=====

this isnt the Simon White i know,,one of the nicest guys ive ever met..

Social source share

Can't really see the point in arguing over different people's view of someone's personality. The link Mike posted in the first post has the explanation of why Simon White's account was closed, which was because of his actions, not, as claimed in the article, because of his opinions.

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Why do people ie Radio shows, Mags etc give time and space to someone who clearly has delusions of grandeur which arent recipricated from the listeners/buyers ?

Whatever the reasons they still do

Its like a tabloid style slow motion car crash, he was relevent 30 years ago, not today.

Could you explain what you mean with some being "relevant". Who do you feel is "relevant"

in today's soul scene ?

Gert Roach.

Social source share

Can't really see the point in arguing over different people's view of someone's personality. The link Mike posted in the first post has the explanation of why Simon White's account was closed, which was because of his actions, not, as claimed in the article, because of his opinions.

spot on rachel,will u marry me.

Billy

Social source share

Me too, there must a couple of people impersonating him, I've always found him a mild mannered Clark Kent sort of guy. ohmy.gif

Chris L

Yep, me too.

But what happens is this..........as Clark Kent he dashes into a phone box, where upon he finds a key board and there evolves into a Mr.Hyde persona.

Social source share

That's odd, Derek, because the Simon White I know is friendly and good natured, although his musical taste leaves a lot to be desired sometimes (joke).

Paul Mooney

You certainly got that bit right Paul - I see he is now reviewing The Glitter Band in Manifesto ohmy.gifohmy.gif What next Mud and Showaddywaddy records in their strange world of northern soul?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Having read both articles and thought about them, not too deeply I hasten to add and then going and spending some money on the Angelo Starr single, £8 for a new single !!!!! it was crap. I think Mr Levine should stick to boy bands ....

Also ... having read Soul Sam's answers to Mr Levines comments, I must applaude Sam for his uncharacteristic reserv. I don't normally like his style of writing or his content but fair do's he kept the higher moral ground.

Also...... who the hell dressed Mr Levine ? did they just turn up on his doorstep t do the pictures???

Social source share

whatever people think about Ian

just remember the new releases he played at the Mecca etc have gone a

long way to prepare the thing we call modern soul/x-over

he knows more about 70s groups,re line ups,who sang with who etc

than anyone i know with pahaps the exception of john smith and a few others

and as for Simon White

ive always found him a realy nice person :unsure:

Social source share

and as for Simon White

ive always found him a realy nice person :ohmy:

so what

that make it ok for levine to shit stir and openly lie about this place yeah ?

you giving him a big thumbs up as well for that yep ?

as for ex-members

you can read what he did on here

no one forced him to do such, his account was closed for his actions nothing mor enothing less

:):(:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

I'd agree with Mike

The Mecca was 30 yrs ago. Never went myself though choice.

If there is any debt of gratitude its to the artists/arrangers/producers/label owners who without getting too flowery, produced the goods & enriched our lives.

Being a DJ is quite frankly just a lucky break. Just about any moron could pull that off.

Social source share

Sam tells me he's also described Soul Sourcers as "anally retentive and puritanical"

If true I've only got two avataars to describe this latest irrelevant outburst:

wanker.gif:thumbup:

Puritanical.................obviously not read my "look at your box thread" :thumbup:

He must read this forum then to form an opinion.

Ed

and then obviously does just the opposite :)

Does Ian really think that Soul Source has any influence on the great scheme of things? It's approximately the same 50 regulars talking about records and venues, that's all. Hardly threatening to anyone really.

and don't forget the bollox we talk as well :thumbup:

KEEP THE INSULTS COMING LEVINE

FIRST A COCKROACH AND " WHAT EVER" NEXT

BOYCOTT HIS CD LOL :ohmy:

Not sure if I was happier being a cockroach :(

ok speak to u offline

Congtratulations :thumbup:

QoFxx

Social source share

so what

as for ex-members

no one forced him to do such, his account was closed for his actions nothing mor enothing less

:ohmy::):(:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I was talking about the things he knows about the soul scene artist/record wise,not anything else

the thumbs up was for how i found Simon to be

personally,always found him ok..my opinion of him,not anything else

Social source share

So I am in the "John Smith" charabank then Sean - phew! Thanks God for that :ohmy: Was getting worried for a few moments there :(

Only Just Steve! :thumbup:

Poor old Smithy. I knew him when he was just plain old John Smith... long before the John 'Soul' moniker!

As the saying goes.... "Desperate for fame... he changed his name!"

But we call him something else around these parts!

:)

Social source share

so what

as for ex-members

:thumbsup:

The truth of the matter is tht we all love Ian, think his music is tops, buy his CD's, wish

we were hm, are jealous of his Superman comic collection, wished we'd DJ'd at the Mecca,

Torch and others, were lucky enough to be born, etc, etc, etc.......................

Social source share

Only Just Steve! :(

:no:

Maybe I did jump on poor old KeithW a bit too hard last night - :thumbsup:

To me (and plenty of others) groups go way beyond Motown and Motown soundalikes - and this is the area where Ian is expert.

When I think groups I of course think Dells, Dramatics, Whispers, Bluenotes etc etc But I also think of names like Commands, Creations, Combinations, Inclinations, Endeavours, Enticers etc. Right across the board from northern to sweet soul. Having read loads of articles and threads over the years, there are a considerable number of people who know an awful lot about groups - for example excluding the dealers - the S Yorks posse (you lot - including John "Soul" Smith in exile), Eddie Hubbard, Tony R, Ady C, D Pearson up in Bratfud, Chalks, D Welding, Butch, Kitch, Rob Thomas, Rixy, Rimmer, some Americans, Terry Davis, David Cole, Dave Porter, Fraser Dunn, Mark Bicknell, Dave Halsall, Paul Thrower, Richard, Paul Phillips and on and on.

Nobody knows it all, but a lot of people know quite a bit if that makes sense.

Anyway I've calmed down now, so having been slightly more articulate than last night, I will leave this thread alone.

Steve

Social source share

Frances Nero - Footsteps Following Me was prettttttttttttttttttttty fookin good though, oh and The Mecca ............ I like him. Gobs off a bit but he has got talent.

Sure is a good record.

But most of the other stuff should be filed under 'Crimes against music".

If he has a talent its for "gobbing off"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert