• North East
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Europe
    • USA
    • Rest of World
    • Midlands
    • North Central

You know Sean..you are probably right . tend to think of the east Midlands as lincolnshire way :lol: if any one asks me ..Im from the midlands :lol:

Bazza

No, I think you're right mate.

Couldn't get any more 'Middle' than Chesterfield way... but at the time I voted you hadn't asked for a 'Midlands Only' category... so I went with East Midlands (purely cos if I'd said West Midlands it would make me out a Brummie... and who'd wanna be one o' those!).

:lol:

Social source share

• Replies 102
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Netspeaky

Think you should have split Wales up into North & South, as us in the North have more in common with the North West than South Wales, it takes 4 hours to get there, I can travel to Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham in half that time. Never been to soul night down there, I know they do, but never really heard a lot about them, and never seen them advertised on soul source so I guess considering the population down there is larger than the north, there's not enough southern Welsh soulies to support regular nights, or am I wrong.

Social source share

Sorry Mobbsy

You will have to decide between the east mids or south east.

No.can we move Norwich to somewhere like Burnley? At least they are friendly up that way!

Social source share

Be nice to see where everyone got their introduction to Soul.

Then I wouldn't have to be associated with the South East - even if it is the winning team (at the moment).

My front room in East London, my big brother was playing a motown track :lol::lol:

Edited by richard
Social source share

Be nice to see where everyone got their introduction to Soul.

Then I wouldn't have to be associated with the South East - even if it is the winning team (at the moment).

dont knock where you live or i will personally hunt you down and drive you back where you come from, put the kettle on Kev i will be around in 5 minutes :lol:

the south is where its at :lol:

Social source share

dont knock where you live or i will personally hunt you down and drive you back where you come from,yes please Bearsy - this weekend would be good and would save me driving myself back to Soultown put the kettle on Kev i will be around in 5 minutes :yes:

the south is where its at :ohmy:thanks to migrant squaddies from Soulshire

Come on East Midlands, your almost catching up the S.E.

Where are all the Northampton/Wellingboro/Kettering boys then?

Social source share

:ohmy: Didn't see that one snuck in at the bottom of the list.

:yes: Was always East Midlands when I lived there.

I know 'cos it was written on all those vans - "East Midlands Gas Board".

It Was a late request that has back fired on a few.

But still interesting results .

Social source share

Yeah three options for the midlands has split the Midlands vote, i'll take it as 18 for the Midlands then. :)

Good idea this, how about one for age/sex etc... and gather all the finding together in some kind of census? Any data collection people out there want to take it on?

police-badge-wide.gif

:lol::ohmy::yes:

Seriously though, Midlands is storming!

And who said there's no souls in the south!? :)

Social source share

Yorkshire covers parts of the East Midlands, Humberside and the North East so it's difficult to fit it within the parameters that you have set.

Very few people from South Yorkshire would say that they are from the East Midlands, most people from Leeds would say they are from the North as its pretty much central in relation to the North East/North West....

Humberside doesn't exist anymore does it? It's the East Riding of Yorkshire :D:(

Social source share

Humberside doesn't exist anymore does it? It's the East Riding of Yorkshire :D:(

Only the north side of the Humber, the south side went back to where it belonged all the time, Good old Lincolinshire. :P

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

police-badge-wide.gif

:P:D:(

Seriously though, Midlands is storming!

And who said there's no souls in the south!? :P

Ian, are we Essex/East Anglia or should I tick the South East button?? I knew where I was in Chatham :D This Harlow thing confuses me :lol: Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hmm.........South East appears to be a real hot bed of soul.

Midlands currently the most soulful with 49... if you add all three together. :D

Social source share

Only 15 from the west midlands, I can think of 15 who post on here off the top of my head, the rest obviously can't read the word demographic laugh.gif

Hi Pete

From the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

demographics

plural noun

the quantity and characteristics of the people who live in a particular area, especially in relation to their age, how much money they have and what they spend it on:

The demographics of the country have changed dramatically in recent years.

No one has exact demographics on (= information about the quantity and characteristics of the people who live in) the area.

Would have thought that part was easy for the Soul Scene :lol:

Social source share

Hmm.........South East appears to be a real hot bed of soul.

So why is there almost nothing on down here............apart from the odd do thats often poorly attended.

which event would that be then colin?

Answers on the back of a 50 quid note pls.

Or if you live up north a potato.

Social source share

:cheese1::ohmy:

Wot, not out soulin' tonight Bearsy?

Was being out further north too much for you then? tongue.gif

Hope you had a good 'un last night mate :lol:

no not last night mate, football then took the lovely wife for a ruby and a few drinks, then back home and in the swimming pool until midnight :lol:

life is so dull at times laugh.gif

Bearsy (a boy from the heart of the soul scene)

Social source share

Guest kent soul club

no not last night mate, football then took the lovely wife for a ruby and a few drinks, then back home and in the swimming pool until midnight :(It's a paddling pool with decking around-what stroke was you doing? :thumbup:

life is so dull at times :wub:

Bearsy (a boy from the heart of the soul scene)

Social source share

Can we stick to the subject in question please shades.gif

ps Bearsy - as it stands at the moment, South East + South West + London = 65 votes, East Midland + West Midlands + Midlands = 67, North East + North West + North Central = 69... mind you, it's only representative of the people who are on the forum and bothered to vote in the survey so.......

Social source share