Blind Buys

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The one I always remember was Tony Middleton Ends Of The Earth MGM issue £6

Never heard it, didnt know any one else who had heard of it, bought it blind off the back of Paris Blues

Choofin eck were they different

:D

Social source share

Used to buy blind from Soul Bowl lists in the 70s as I was starting out.

Best records out of the bunch (none were bad) Four Sonics - If it wasnt for my baby, Joe Murphy - Its a weakness. Great value in the £1 section.

Even better, the soul packs were at least 30% full of decent records.

Ed

FLIP OF JOE MURPHY SO BLUE ,PURE QUALITY ALSO.

BAZ A :D

Social source share

Bought NO PART TIME LOVE & PEACE LOVING MAN at Burslem record fair in the early 80's on a mate's recomendation for £2 each. Got LOVE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION & DON'T LEAD ME ON soon after for the same price. Best £8 I ever spent, just wish I'd kept them.

Social source share

Bought NO PART TIME LOVE & PEACE LOVING MAN at Burslem record fair in the early 80's on a mate's recomendation for £2 each. Got LOVE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION & DON'T LEAD ME ON soon after for the same price. Best £8 I ever spent, just wish I'd kept them.

OH YES WE CAN ALL SAY THAT AT SOME POINT,DO TAKE YOUR POINT MOST OF MY THELMAS WERE PICKED UP FOR £20 OR LESS.

BAZ A

Social source share

U R 'avin a larf surely????

Seriously if you found this in Boscombe you did extremely well young man :thumbup:

Tis all true I tell thee. Fortunately for me Girf, Mr Dennis amongst others chose not to wade through the 7"'s, as everyone had had their fill on 50p 12's & £1 LP's.

I guess I was robbed then for paying £2 for an unknown 45 :g:

Social source share

Tis all true I tell thee. Fortunately for me Girf, Mr Dennis amongst others chose not to wade through the 7"'s, as everyone had had their fill on 50p 12's & £1 LP's.

I guess I was robbed then for paying £2 for an unknown 45 :thumbup:

What a great find. :thumbup: Almost as good as the two copies of Wil Collins & Willpower I pulled out of Tricky Dickys Mile End shop in the mid 80s. :g:

Social source share

I guess I was robbed then for paying £2 for an unknown 45 :thumbup:

========

recently for me over the last 12 months the following corkers,not all rare but dancefloor winners - all great 60s and 70s dancers - fluff freeman stye!!!

rb hudman jr - look what we've joined together

temprees - found love on a disco floor

imagination - love diet

little beaver - listen to my heartbeat

jerry palmer - flattery

compass - her sadness primer

john williams - do you like you do me

debonairs - stop lets get united

ellington sisters - better get used to the feeling

elusions - dancing music -

regards

mark

Social source share

========

recently for me over the last 12 months the following corkers,not all rare but dancefloor winners - all great 60s and 70s dancers - fluff freeman stye!!!

imagination - love diet

jerry palmer - flattery

regards

mark

nice stuff good taste .

BAZ A :thumbup:

PS LITTLE BEAVER IS SUCH A GOOD SOUL RECORD.

Social source share

========

imagination - love diet

jerry palmer - flattery

regards

mark

I could see Jerry Palmer getting revival spins Mark :thumbup: , just right for today as they say.

Blake

Social source share

I could see Jerry Palmer getting revival spins Mark :lol: , just right for today as they say.

Blake

======

cheers blake

love flatteryat the mo..so cheap!

also really into Philadelphia Society - 100 South of Broadway - gr8 mecca instrumental

plus the RB Hudmon JR is a stunning dancer and cant wait to unleash it at Oldham this Saturday !!!!!

playing all these sort of sounds at the Nuneaton Coop!!

Social source share

My best blind buy was 10 or 20p for Herby Brown on Blue Ash, must have been about the time of issue as it was around 80/81, how it found it's way to Chapel Street market in London who knows? Took it home along with some other interesting looking labels, most turned out to be C&W etc. Thought HB was OK, stuck it in a box for 20 years, played it out a couple of times in the early 2ks to no interest & one day found it listed in Manships price guide. ££££ :lol:

Also got a Tom Emmanual from the same shop for the same 10/20p price, lots of cheap Motown US stuff & other bits & pieces hmm what else was there? They had no listening facilites which was just as well as I doubt that I would have bought Herby Brown if I had heard it first :lol:

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

blind brought Rufus Wonder - Under The Moon for a tenner, took it to the pub that night where Mr Darge thought Ill have me summa that :lol:

Don Gardner - Is This really Love - Cedric for £3 blind as well, only coz I knew the name :lol:

theres quite a few but those are str8 off the top of my head

Social source share

My best blind buy was 10 or 20p for Herby Brown on Blue Ash, must have been about the time of issue as it was around 80/81, how it found it's way to Chapel Street market in London who knows? Took it home along with some other interesting looking labels, most turned out to be C&W etc. Thought HB was OK, stuck it in a box for 20 years, played it out a couple of times in the early 2ks to no interest & one day found it listed in Manships price guide. ££££ :lol:

Also got a Tom Emmanual from the same shop for the same 10/20p price, lots of cheap Motown US stuff & other bits & pieces hmm what else was there? They had no listening facilites which was just as well as I doubt that I would have bought Herby Brown if I had heard it first :lol:

not heard herby brown for yonks,it was roundabout that time,now it fetches a blooming bomb probably the 2k on a push,would love a posted soundclip if possible,what a find.

baz a :lol:

Social source share

blind brought Rufus Wonder - Under The Moon for a tenner, took it to the pub that night where Mr Darge thought Ill have me summa that :lol:

Don Gardner - Is This really Love - Cedric for £3 blind as well, only coz I knew the name :lol:

theres quite a few but those are str8 off the top of my head

TWO GREAT TUNES LOVE DON GARDNER BOTH SIDES.

BAZ A :lol:

Social source share

just done a blind buy of ebay;

hugh mccracken - you blow my mind - congress issue $16

does anyone know this 45?, have got "what i gotta do to satify you" on congress

not listed, jm book, gemm, popsike etc

regards

russ

your right not listed ,i dont know it russ but love the other one which fetches a few bob now ,could be a good investmet.

BAZ A

Social source share

The one I always remember was Tony Middleton Ends Of The Earth MGM issue £6

Never heard it, didnt know any one else who had heard of it, bought it blind off the back of Paris Blues

Choofin eck were they different

:ohmy:

Similar but not as financialy rewarding. 1977 a second hand record store in Jersey Channel Islands, picked up Tony Middleton and Bobby Matos - Already Satisfied, off back of Paris Blues. Still got it, still play it, still think it's a top tooooooon, just unrecognised. Dean

Social source share

just done a blind buy of ebay;

hugh mccracken - you blow my mind - congress issue $16

does anyone know this 45?, have got "what i gotta do to satify you" on congress

not listed, jm book, gemm, popsike etc

regards

russ

your right not listed ,i dont know it russ but love the other one which fetches a few bob now ,could be a good investmet.

BAZ A

Social source share

Bught loads of stuff blind (or deaf !!) over the years just going by label/producer etc but couldn't for the life of me remember any to add to this great thread.

One that springs to mind tho is The Volumes "Just Can"t Help Myself" for a quid from Dave Withers at Wigan 79/80.......only bought it 'cos it looked nice and I hadn"t found a record all night !

Cheers Paul

Social source share

not heard herby brown for yonks,it was roundabout that time,now it fetches a blooming bomb probably the 2k on a push,would love a posted soundclip if possible,what a find.

baz a :(

Hi Baz

Yeah after a couple of offers of trades got what I thought was a good price, (knew the guide book price & was happy :P ) Randy Mathers who played sax on the record pm'd me also wanting soundclip as he had never heard the finished record & in fact didn't remember it. He was only aware of it's existence because somebody was digging for copies. Sadly I was unable to help him, can't do soundclips but had just sold it anyway.

But yes what a find :D I'm sure it's on a goldmine cd

best

Dave

HELLO DAVE VERY INTERESTING HOW SOME ARTISTES ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT STUFF THEIR RECORDED,ISNT IT ON ONE OF THE RARE CROSSOVER GOLDMINE CDS,ILL HAVE A LOOK,BLOOMING TOP TOP TUNE.DEFINETLY 2K NOW.

Social source share

baz a :D

posted a sound clip in media source for you Baz...not a great quality one. got a decent one on cd somewhere I'll dig it out when I get chance.

Social source share

posted a sound clip in media source for you Baz...not a great quality one. got a decent one on cd somewhere I'll dig it out when I get chance.

Thanks chalky see you sat night if your up our way,just got the usb port sorted so can feature some logos from my colection loads of stuff ,youll love, gonna start with de lux,remember hal hardy etc,some great tunes on that logo

BAZ A

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert