Ullanda Mccullough

Mattfox

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has it got "Warm and gentle explosion" on it ..

it has, info from www.discomusic.com

Ullanda McCullough (LP)

RECORD LABEL (COUNTRY) / YEAR / CATALOGUE # / FORMAT / SPEED: Atlantic Records (US) / 1981 / SD 19296

LP 33 1/3 RPM Promo Vinyl record

PRODUCTION / RECORDING / MIXER / STUDIO & BAND CREDITS: Producer: Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson for Hopsack and Silk Productions

Mixed by Jimmy Simpson

TRACKLISTING: Side A

1. Bad Company (4:28)

2. I'll Just Die (3:43)

3. Warm and Gentle Explosion (4:15)

4. Love Had Changed My Life (3:56)

Side B

1. It's You (3:52)

2. Rumors (4:48)

3. You'r Gonna Wanna Come Back (3:10)

4. Rock Me (4:30)

Take a talented singer like Ullanda McCullough and team her up with the Ashford and Simpson and the result is this 1981 album that is a must listen.

"Bad Company" is the big track here, but listen to all of it as you won't be disappointed in anyway. Ullanda McCullough's album is a keeper and highly recommended.

Please feel free to link to this page by using this URL:

https://www.discomusic.com/records-more/1994_0_2_0_C/

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Ok then, I think its quite good .. maybe even played at Stafford .

sam used to play warm and gentle explosion a while before stafford started - sure i remember it gettin played at wigan newies niter

Social source share

hi, does anyone know:

Ullanda McCullough - Atlantic '81 LP

is it a nice record ??? please let me know if someone got any info about it...cheers matt

Getting a bit confused here, since I just answered this question in another thread,

but here we go, this is what I wrote:

Matt, if it is a good record or not kind of depends, since I don´t know your taste :ohmy:

It is not in my top 10 of modern soul albums, but it´s a good enough record and should be quite cheap.

I like the uptempo numbers "Bad Company" and "Rock Me", the midtempo "You´re Gonna Wanna Come Back", and the slowie "Love Had Changed My Life". Album produced by Ashford & Simpson and mainly recorded at Sigma Sound Studios.

I have another record that she put out in 1979 under her first name only Ullanda. It´s called Love Zone and features loads of disco and only one soul ballad called "Round And Round". I prefer the 1981 set.

Hope this is of some help

Melismo

Social source share

Getting a bit confused here, since I just answered this question in another thread,

but here we go, this is what I wrote:

hi mate, sorry for confusing...i asked the question first in another thread...but no answers. so i decided to do it this way...cheers. matt

thanks to all of you for the detailed info on this record. all the best!!!

Social source share

Guest niceonecyril

Bad Company is the track 4 me from the LP,1st person I heard play it was Norman Jay way back when,I also have the above mentioned track on a 12"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert