• Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest niceonecyril

Afew of my faves from these legendary labels

All About The Paper:Lolleata Holloway as good as the Dells and Gene Chandler versions

Love Is Finally Coming My Way:True Example the 12" Walter Gibbons mix on Goldmind

Dancin' Into Stars:Logg classic Leroy Burgess

Rio De Janeiro:Gary Criss 12" salsoul cheesy but nice

Love Is You:Carol Williams the famous Dj Spiller/Groovejet sample

Runaway:Salsoul Orchestra feat Jocelyn Brown a 100% stone cold classic

Step Into My Dreams:The Strangers 1983 salsoul 12"

Can't You See Where I'm Coming From:Instant Funk ooh yes!!!

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

Runaway:Salsoul Orchestra feat Jocelyn Brown a 100% stone cold classic

the singer featured on 'Runaway' is Loleatta Holloway! 'Runaway' was first heard on the album 'magic journey'.

'Magic bird of fire' is another killer. As is 'getaway'. Great horns ala Earth Wind & Fire...

post-263-1189264380_thumb.jpg

All three first albums by The Salsoul Orchestra are absolutely essential, especially the selftitled first LP The Salsoul Orchestra from 1975 with 'salsoul hustle', 'get happy', 'you're just the right size' and most of all 'chicago bus stop (ooh, I love it').

post-263-1189264361_thumb.jpg

'Nice and naasty' is another one, try to get the original first pressing with the fold-out sleeve with the bare ass babe in the Salsoul T-shirt!!

post-263-1189264390_thumb.jpg

My all time fave Salsoul tunes:

post-263-1189264404_thumb.jpg

Montana Sextet -'who needs enemies with a friend like you'

post-263-1189264412_thumb.jpg

Loleatta Holloway -'hit and run'

the 11'.00" disco-mix is a monster; Loleatta has never sounded better, very strong material. Vince Montana does some brilliant vibes solo on this and in the runout of the tune the engineer tells Loleatta '...now let's do the album version' Absolutely great mix by Walter Gibbons! Disco does not get better than this...

Loletta Holloway -'love sensation'

First Choice -'let no man put asunder'

First Choice -'dr love'

First Choice -'love thang'

Instant Funk -got my mind made up

Salsoul Orchestra -'take some time out'

Salsoul Orchestra -'you're just the right size'

Inner Life -'moment of my life'

Inner Life -'ain't no mountain high enough'

Double Exposure -'my love is free'

Double Exposure -'10 percent'

there's much much more from Salsoul and Goldmind Records that is classic in every way...and I forgive Joe Bataan for 'rap-o-clapo'....the only Salsoul release that is a no-no

Edited by eedeecee
Social source share

there's much much more from Salsoul and Goldmind Records that is classic in every way...and I forgive Joe Bataan for 'rap-o-clapo'....the only Salsoul release that is a no-no

I totally agree about "Rap O-Clap-O". It is trivial and "brain-less" rap-disco music and, in adition, when I worked as barman in a macro-discotheque in my student years, the DJ's played it until to hate it! But Joe Bataan have made very good boogaloo music and in general is a favorite of mine.

In his "Mestizo" album (where belongs the track "Rap-O-Clap-O"), there are some soulful latin feel ones, as "Latin Lover" or "Rock Me All Night Long". We "should" to "forgive" the king of boogaloo, despite the fact of this unsubstantial tune.

post-8354-1189347726_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Despite a begining that reminds me of Rain "out of my mind" Loleatta Holloway's WE'RE GETTING STRONGER(THE LONGER WE STAY TOGETHER) Goldmind is a fine record.

Also like Rafael Cameron's ALL THATS GOOD TO ME Salsoul 12"

and one I used to hammer is Aurra ARE YOU SINGLE 12"

Great thread by the way. Love all the stuff mentioned.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

You're right bagosulph theres more than one no-no on Salsoul and related, how about "Charo feat............" for starters

But theres more than enough good stuff to keep this wonderful thread going.

Cheers Paul

Paul, Charo never was a favourite Salsoul artiste of mine...

but I liked her version of 'the love boat theme' on her album 'ole ole'...camp maybe but great fun at the time!

and she always looked great like the Latina Bimbo she was....

here's some pics to keep you warm

post-263-1189413408_thumb.jpg

post-263-1189413423_thumb.jpg

Edited by eedeecee
Social source share

Guest eedeecee

here's a few Salsoul 12" that are not that well known but deserves your attention.... the mix of Cameron's 'get if off' by Tee Scott is simply great

post-263-1189414075_thumb.jpg post-263-1189414062_thumb.jpg post-263-1189414050_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I`ve been hearing a Track quite often lately "By the way you dance" by Bunny Sigler off his Album "I`ve always wanted to sing not just write songs" Check out Choccolats "King of clubs" Album

Social source share

I only got the "Let It Snow" album on Salsoul by Bunny Sigler that I previously have comment on a previous post. In fact, the other two (or perhaps there is more than 3 LP's?...) and also the albums by Edwin Birdsong, Jimmy Castor and B-H-Y are the ones I have more interest to found them. I wonder if they are worth to find, as nothing by these artists in other labels have never decieved me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert