Ricky Lance 45

Harrogatesoul

In the process of moving house and while boxing up the records/playing a few cam across a Ricky Lance (Vance?) 45 on City Lights. West Coast. For the life of me I've had a memory blank on the title but its a part 1 / part 2 jobbie. Personally think its a nice jazzy/mod deep voiced thing. Never seen it or the label before (I'll post scan/clip up later). Anyone know what the hell I'm on about??

Cheers

Rich

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In the process of moving house and while boxing up the records/playing a few cam across a Ricky Lance (Vance?) 45 on City Lights. West Coast. For the life of me I've had a memory blank on the title but its a part 1 / part 2 jobbie. Personally think its a nice jazzy/mod deep voiced thing. Never seen it or the label before (I'll post scan/clip up later). Anyone know what the hell I'm on about??

Cheers

Rich

Think he did a couple on City Lights and an album, Rich - Razzle Dazzle being one of them. Yours might be 'Lay Some Cash On The Line' (?) Prefer his 'Super Strong' on Bren over the others I've heard. Weird voice though...sort of sounds like they slowed down the tape a bit and told him to impersonate Barry White until you get used to it laugh.gif

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert