Am I A Soulie ?

Am I a true Soulie

About 3 years ago someone told me I wasn't a Soulie because I didn't go to Wigan or any of the old legendry places associated with northern soul, and the fact that I have been going to weekenders and soul nights for the last 15+ years did not make me a Soulie,

Then this morning one of my sons Tony said "mom you've turned into a proper Soulie"

Then the conversation went like this

Me "No I'm not"

Tony "You are, do you go to soul do's every weekend?"

Me "Yes"

Tony "Do you love listening to the music?"

Me "Yes"

Tony "Do you enjoy dancing to the music?"

Me "Yes"

Tony "You are a Soulie"

So am I a Soulie ?

For me its not where you have been or how long you have been going, its how you feel when you are there that makes you a true Soulie

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Neil-ok

Am I a true Soulie

About 3 years ago someone told me I wasn't a Soulie because I didn't go to Wigan

Thats changed now soulwidow its now "if you went dancing outside greggs in Wigan on sunday youre are not a soulie". :unsure:

Ok for yer corsa. :wave:

Edited by Neil-ok
Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Thats changed now soulwidow its now "if you went to Wigan on sunday youre are not a soulie". :unsure:

no you'd be a handbaggers :wave:

Edited by Glawsters Best
Social source share

You know your a soulie when, you start to moan about anything thats been played before, when you know you know better than anyone on the planet whats best to listen to /dance to, and when you shout from the rooftops that anybody that disagrees with your tastes is a HANDBAGGER,

Until such time your just a lightwieght,

Sorry

Pete

Social source share

You know your a soulie when, you start to moan about anything thats been played before, when you know you know better than anyone on the planet whats best to listen to /dance to, and when you shout from the rooftops that anybody that disagrees with your tastes is a HANDBAGGER,

Until such time your just a lightwieght,

Sorry

Pete

Oi you lot ! Piss off back to the Wigan thread :wave:

Social source share

Guest Mart B

Am I a true Soulie

About 3 years ago someone told me I wasn't a Soulie because I didn't go to Wigan or any of the old legendry places associated with northern soul, and the fact that I have been going to weekenders and soul nights for the last 15+ years did not make me a Soulie,

Then this morning one of my sons Tony said "mom you've turned into a proper Soulie"

Me "No I'm not"

Me "Yes"

Me "Yes"

Me "Yes"

Tony "You are a Soulie"

So am I a Soulie ?

For me its not where you have been or how long you have been going, its how you feel when you are there that makes you a true Soulie

You are a bootleg soulie :wave:

Social source share

Oi you lot ! Piss off back to the Wigan thread :wave:

Also Dave the questions at the top of this thread are not a million miles away from a question i asked in the wigan thread so i have an active interest so to speak as i didn't get an answer in there :unsure:

Edited by pete60
Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Thats abit harsh Dave i always thought a true souly,eat shit and roll over on broken glass.

Billy :unsure:

you forgot the drink bit billy :wave:

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Oops forgot to mention, if you want to be a proper soulie make sure you wear the right clothes, :thumbup:

what clothes is then pete a bolton shirt :thumbup:

sorry dave

Edited by Glawsters Best
Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Am I a true Soulie

Me "No I'm not"

Me "Yes"

Me "Yes"

Me "Yes"

Tony "You are a Soulie"

So am I a Soulie ?

I think your son has defined perfectly what a Soul fan is about and that is having a passion for soul music. It can manifest in different ways. Some love dancing, others collecting records, others travelling all over to hear different DJs and some do it all. If any idiot tried to tell me I wasn't a real soul fan I'd tell him to go and grow up. It sounds like playground politics to me. Wonkers wanker.gifwanker.gifwanker.gif

Edited by andyrattigan
Social source share

OH MAGGIE, YOU ARE SUCH A TRUE SOULIE, AND YOU KNOW IT, YOU ARE MORE OF A SOULIE THAN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE! WEEKENDER'S, GERMANY, ITALY, LISTENING TO DAVE'S TUNES ON YOUR MP3 WHEN AT WORK, COMING OUT WITH US, BEING A TRUE SOUL FRIEND!NITERS , SOUL NITES, ETC ETC ECT.....WIGAN IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF NORTHERN SOUL, THERE WHERE A LOT OF OTHER PLACES TO GO ASWELL, SOMETIMES, SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT BECAUSE THEY WENT ONLY 1 TIME TO WIGAN, JUST TO INVESTIGATE, BECAUSE EVERY BODY ELSE WAS, THAT MAKES THEM SOME KIND OF IMPORTANT SOUL PERSON, GET A LIFE,YES WIGAN WAS FANTASTIC IN ITS HEYDAY, MANY YEARS AGO, SO WAS THE CATACOMBS, SO WAS BLACKPOOL MECCA, SO WAS, HANLEY STOKE ON TRENT, SO WAS, WHITCHURCH, WOT ABOUT THE TORCH, MISSED THAT ONE, I NEVER WENT THERE, WOODY DID, I COULD GO ON AND ON, ARE YOU A SOULIE, OH YES, AND A PRETTY DECENT ONE AT THAT, YOU AIN'T GOT NO AXE TO GRIND, I SUPPOSE YOU ARE NOT AS QUIET AS YOU USED TO BE, THATS BECAUSE, I AM A BAD INFLUENCE ON YOU, AND IN MY BOOK, WHO ELSE WOULD LET THERE HUBBY TAKE OVER THEIR FRONT ROOM AS AN ICON TO NORTHERN SOUL.LETS FACE IT IF YOU HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO DAVE RIMMER FOR 25 YEARS, IF THAT DONT MAKE YOU A SOULIE, NOTHIN WILL!

Social source share

OH MAGGIE, YOU ARE SUCH A TRUE SOULIE, AND YOU KNOW IT, YOU ARE MORE OF A SOULIE THAN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE! WEEKENDER'S, GERMANY, ITALY, LISTENING TO DAVE'S TUNES ON YOUR MP3 WHEN AT WORK, COMING OUT WITH US, BEING A TRUE SOUL FRIEND!NITERS , SOUL NITES, ETC ETC ECT.....WIGAN IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF NORTHERN SOUL, THERE WHERE A LOT OF OTHER PLACES TO GO ASWELL, SOMETIMES, SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT BECAUSE THEY WENT ONLY 1 TIME TO WIGAN, JUST TO INVESTIGATE, BECAUSE EVERY BODY ELSE WAS, THAT MAKES THEM SOME KIND OF IMPORTANT SOUL PERSON, GET A LIFE,YES WIGAN WAS FANTASTIC IN ITS HEYDAY, MANY YEARS AGO, SO WAS THE CATACOMBS, SO WAS BLACKPOOL MECCA, SO WAS, HANLEY STOKE ON TRENT, SO WAS, WHITCHURCH, WOT ABOUT THE TORCH, MISSED THAT ONE, I NEVER WENT THERE, WOODY DID, I COULD GO ON AND ON, ARE YOU A SOULIE, OH YES, AND A PRETTY DECENT ONE AT THAT, YOU AIN'T GOT NO AXE TO GRIND, I SUPPOSE YOU ARE NOT AS QUIET AS YOU USED TO BE, THATS BECAUSE, I AM A BAD INFLUENCE ON YOU, AND IN MY BOOK, WHO ELSE WOULD LET THERE HUBBY TAKE OVER THEIR FRONT ROOM AS AN ICON TO NORTHERN SOUL.LETS FACE IT IF YOU HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO DAVE RIMMER FOR 25 YEARS, IF THAT DONT MAKE YOU A SOULIE, NOTHIN WILL!

Yep, that confirms you as totally nuts like the rest of us :thumbup:

QoFxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert