Track Id If You Please

hello. hoping you people can help me with this one. heard it on gilles peterson's show on an aeroplane in august 2003; male vocal reminiscent of terry callier (but probably not him) with the refrain:

'say you love me, say you love me'

any leads would be welcome.

thanks very much.

*not sure if i posted in the correct section. suggestions for this also welcome.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hello. hoping you people can help me with this one. heard it on gilles peterson's show on an aeroplane in august 2003; male vocal reminiscent of terry callier (but probably not him) with the refrain:

thanks very much.

*not sure if i posted in the correct section. suggestions for this also welcome.

Benny. Might be barking up the wrong tree but I've got a Norman Connors tune going on here...maybe from one of his Arista LP's?

Social source share

thanks very much.

Downbeats - Say you love me  ?

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

thanks for them, appreciate yr efforts loads.

it's not the deadbeats one although that's nice. the connors one i'll have to track down and check, but i don't think it's that either. will post up to confirm/deny.

cheers again

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

thanks for them, appreciate yr efforts loads.

it's not the deadbeats one although that's nice. the connors one i'll have to track down and check, but i don't think it's that either. will post up to confirm/deny.

cheers again

I know this is a bit obvious, but its not Breakwater "Say you love me girl" is it ?

Definately sure it was male vocal ? Theres an excellent female vocal track by Joyce Faison "Say you love me" on Erect Label 1981 LP.

Can you be more precise about the year ? 70's, 80's.......

Social source share

i don't know either of them so i'll certainly investigate. thanks.

i feel daft being able to give so little info. i spent hours scouring the hoverweb for possible links, and even wrote to british airways to get more info on the show! i've sang it in several record shops too, to the obvious discomfort of others. all to no avail.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

i've sang it in several record shops too, to the obvious discomfort of others. all to no avail.

WELL HERES THE BEST SOLUTION, IF YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT, RECORD YOURSELF SINGING IT AND LOAD IT ON TO THE SITE. WHAT POSSIBLE EXCUSE IF YOU HAVE SUCH, COULD YOU USE FOR NOT DOING THAT ? NOW WE'LL SEE HOW DESPERATE HE IS TO DISCOVER IT.....! (IN JEST)

Social source share

WELL HERES THE BEST SOLUTION, IF YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT, RECORD YOURSELF SINGING IT AND LOAD IT ON TO THE SITE. WHAT POSSIBLE EXCUSE IF YOU HAVE SUCH, COULD YOU USE FOR NOT DOING THAT ? NOW WE'LL SEE HOW DESPERATE HE IS TO DISCOVER IT.....! (IN JEST)

ha ha ha!

i don't have the equipment at present, but reckon i can fix that.

challenge accepted

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert