4th Version Of "we're Not Too Young"

boba

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Currently out of stock but our data shows we've sold 4 copies over the last 6 years for £250 each...I personally like it. Sorta elusive, but not that rare.

Social source share

Currently out of stock but our data shows we've sold 4 copies over the last 6 years for £250 each...I personally like it. Sorta elusive, but not that rare.

Thanks everybody for the info, I must have just not noticed it before if it comes up for sale ocassionally. Anyone have a sound clip? Also (I know this sounds like a stupid question to most people here), if no one has a sound clip, can anyone tell me if there's a backing group singing behind Karen and if it's male or female? Thanks.

Social source share

Thanks everybody for the info, I must have just not noticed it before if it comes up for sale ocassionally. Anyone have a sound clip? Also (I know this sounds like a stupid question to most people here), if no one has a sound clip, can anyone tell me if there's a backing group singing behind Karen and if it's male or female? Thanks.

Posted the soundfile in the media source section Boba. Female backing and it's bloody awful backing at that. Karen's vocals not too bad but the backing just ruin the record!!! (IMHO).

Agree with Phil, JAckey Beavers show probably the best version.

Social source share

Posted the soundfile in the media source section Boba. Female backing and it's bloody awful backing at that. Karen's vocals not too bad but the backing just ruin the record!!! (IMHO).

Agree with Phil, JAckey Beavers show probably the best version.

How much for a Camaro's then Chalky? I love it.

Phil.

Social source share

Yes, I have a copy, it's a sort of get under your skin 45 but can't make your mind on, one minute you love it then the next, you're not too sure.

Yes, I feel the same about it too - it's one of those that when played out always gets someone coming up asking who's version it is?.................cos it's such a great song I think all 4 versions each have their merits!

Social source share

Continental Showstoppers my favourite version on Seventy 7 .

If Sean Chapman Fancy's starting a new topic, how about records I regret selling :thumbsup::lol:

:lol::lol: :lol: Dolly

Good idea for a thread!!! I'll follow it with "Records I'm Glad I Bought" !! :lol:

Neil Jones

Social source share

Well I was told the way to a DJ's heart is via a sales box :lol::lol:

It is ONE of the ways! :thumbsup: . To keep this on topic, value aside I honestly think the Cont Showstoppers version is the best one by a country mile. Were it as rare, it would be another J.Webster or Hamilton Movement. A fantastic arrangement and a 'grab yer throat' tempo that is just breathtaking (IMO) and just so good to dance to. Composer, Jackey Beavers' own version is good but even this is overshadowed by the Cont. Showstoppers.

Tip for anyone looking. It was released as the B Side to Jackey's cut for Mainstream "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby". HOWEVER!!! The white demos are 'double sided' and DO NOT have 'Not Too Young' on the flip. I know cos I bought one. :lol::lol:

OK, it was only $10 but it might save someone the same frustration if you didn't already know.

Both Karen Striblin and The Camaros (Dar-Cha) are nice records but were obviously aimed in different directions. Nig Mayfield has a copy of The Camaros and it always sounds peachy when played out, I love it but the C.S cut edges it for me.

Neil Jones

Social source share

It is ONE of the ways! :thumbsup: . To keep this on topic, value aside I honestly think the Cont Showstoppers version is the best one by a country mile. Were it as rare, it would be another J.Webster or Hamilton Movement. A fantastic arrangement and a 'grab yer throat' tempo that is just breathtaking (IMO) and just so good to dance to. Composer, Jackey Beavers' own version is good but even this is overshadowed by the Cont. Showstoppers.

Tip for anyone looking. It was released as the B Side to Jackey's cut for Mainstream "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby". HOWEVER!!! The white demos are 'double sided' and DO NOT have 'Not Too Young' on the flip. I know cos I bought one. :lol::lol:

OK, it was only $10 but it might save someone the same frustration if you didn't already know.

Both Karen Striblin and The Camaros (Dar-Cha) are nice records but were obviously aimed in different directions. Nig Mayfield has a copy of The Camaros and it always sounds peachy when played out, I love it but the C.S cut edges it for me.

Neil Jones

Edges it? by a country mile? reminds me of your quote ' words cannot describe how good this is' - 'its brilliant' lol can't remember the track, Gene Toons maybe?

Pete

Social source share

Edges it? by a country mile? reminds me of your quote ' words cannot describe how good this is' - 'its brilliant' lol can't remember the track, Gene Toons maybe?

Pete

Hmmmm - you know sometimes mate you type sommat and then read what you typed? Oh Well - you would never expect more from me eh?

Oh, and the record I played when I came out with that gem was Soul Communicators - Those Lonely Nights. Just for the record!

Neil :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hmmmm - you know sometimes mate you type sommat and then read what you typed? Oh Well - you would never expect more from me eh?

Oh, and the record I played when I came out with that gem was Soul Communicators - Those Lonely Nights. Just for the record!

Neil :thumbsup:

Sorry Neil a tad picky but couldn't resist :lol:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Camaros for me! :thumbsup: Apart from the fact that I just love girlie mid-tempo, they actually sound young, and when the song is about someone being told they are too young to fall in love, then the Camaros fit the bill. Continetal ss and jackey beavers show sound too old to be singing a song like that!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Camaros for me! :thumbsup: Apart from the fact that I just love girlie mid-tempo, they actually sound young, and when the song is about someone being told they are too young to fall in love, then the Camaros fit the bill. Continetal ss and jackey beavers show sound too old to be singing a song like that!

Social source share

Interesting way of looking at it Trevski and can't argue with your reasoning really. BUT!!! :yes::lol::lol: Re: Continental SS. I'm TOO OLD to be trying to dance to a record like that !!! :lol:

Nice one.

Neil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert