Tunes That Bring A Tear To You Eye

mrs soul

Couple of threads going about stuff that picks you up, stuff that gets you down etc, so I thought that I would start one about records that really tug at your heart strings , might have been done before I not sure,anyway to start heres mine.

MARVIN GAYE. COME TO THIS.

really gets to me, you can feel his passion in his words.it really moves me.

RAY POLLARD. THE DRIFTER.

this makes my hubby really tearful for private reasons.

Social source share

• Replies 103
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

'Since I lost My Baby' - Temptations

Ask The Lonely - The Four Tops

Alone Again , Naturally - Esther Phillips

Wonderful , wonderful records .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Terry Callier- If I could make you change your mind.

Esther Phillips- Home is where the hatred is.

Jimmy Holiday- The Turning Point

Marvin Gaye- What's Going on

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Oh Girl The Chi-lites :D

Good call! :rolleyes:

Blimey there's loads that get me emotional.

Suspicion - The Originals

I Really Love You - Tomangoes

Can't stop a man in love - Reuben Howell

Never Will I Make My Baby Cry - Magnificent Seven

Hey It's Love - The Commands

No One Can Love You More - Gladys Knight

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

I'll be loving you-Soul Brothers Six.

This always brings a tear to my eye as it conjures up many mixed emotions including the evocative memory of the whole congregation at my dear friend Randy Cozens funeral joining in clapping in time as it played us out of the crematorium. It ended with everybody clapping in unison...very moving and I will never be able to hear that tune without thinking about it, and him.

Social source share

Couple of threads going about stuff that picks you up, stuff that gets you down etc, so I thought that I would start one about records that really tug at your heart strings , might have been done before I not sure,anyway to start heres mine.

Don't tell me mrs soul, but the latter is due to you keep on kicking the poor lad out! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Don't tell me mrs soul, but the latter is due to you keep on kicking the poor lad out! :rolleyes:

Sorry, only joking and not meant to undermine your thread in any way, but I'll refrain from posting mine for the time being for fear of deserved vitriolic response :D

Social source share

I'll be loving you-Soul Brothers Six.

This always brings a tear to my eye as it conjures up many mixed emotions including the evocative memory of the whole congregation at my dear friend Randy Cozens funeral joining in clapping in time as it played us out of the crematorium. It ended with everybody clapping in unison...very moving and I will never be able to hear that tune without thinking about it, and him.

thats why ray pollard has an effect on woody, when dave rimmer played it at sleepless nites, the poor bloke was gutted with emotion.

Social source share

Tobi Legend - Time will pass you by - I never know how I will react to hearing this as it has been there at both the happiest and saddest times in my life

Luckily my wife Annie is always close at hand and seems to know better than I how I am going to respond - bloody smart arse !!! :rolleyes:

Wulfie

Social source share

Unfortunately, and irrespectively of the fact that both these tunes I heard when saying final farewells to two good soul buddies, they both seem to take on different "guises"when I hear them now compared to before hand for obvious reasons....

I have no choice- Johnnie Mae Matthews

When you lose the one you love- Buddy Smith.............oh yeah and can echo the sentiment of Wulfie re Tobi Legend...............gotta go

Social source share

On people I have lost & had to say farewell too

Many years ago I lost two friends in a car accident

They were only 21

They had played at there farewell

Many Rivers To Cross by UB40

Never realy taken much notice of the lyrics before this, but what a lovely tune, so befitting

:rolleyes:

Also lost my young nephew aged 11

R.Kelly

I Believe I Can Fly

I was weeping like a baby hearing that

:D:lol:

Social source share

Unfortunately, and irrespectively of the fact that both these tunes I heard when saying final farewells to two good soul buddies, they both seem to take on different "guises"when I hear them now compared to before hand for obvious reasons....

I have no choice- Johnnie Mae Matthews

When you lose the one you love- Buddy Smith.............oh yeah and can echo the sentiment of Wulfie re Tobi Legend...............gotta go

With you there Mike on the Johnnie Mae and Buddy Smith. Tough ones, very, very tough ones indeed in the circumstances.

Hope you're keeping well Mate.

Social source share

Changes all the time for myself, different tunes can bring the tears to my eyes at different times...suppose the ones that stick out in my head that always cause a lump in my throat:

Ask The Lonely - Four tops

The Drifter - Ray Pollard

Jerry Butler - Im the one

Guitar Ray - gunna wreck my life

Loved and i lost - impressions

There's so many now that i think about it....nice thread!

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Gwen Stacey - Aint gonna cry know more

Doug Banks - since you went away

Jerry Jackson - Wide awake in a dream

Johnny Nash O man river

And not forgetting

Kurt Harris :thumbsup:

Social source share

oh two more...

Someday and 'I dont want to lose her' By the Tempests both tracks in the past have been heart wrenchers for me...love em both to bits and when your oot on the floor dancing to em sends tingles down my spine...

Both do it for me but "Someday" I can't even listen to now :thumbsup: I only cry..

Social source share

Pat Kelley - How long does it take

Hollan-Dozier-Holland - Why can't we be lovers

Bobby Reed - I'll find a way

The Spinners - I'll be around

Not really a tear, but certainly a lump in the throat, hope that counts......

:shades:

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

The dells make sure ,& ray pollard the drifter are the two that bring the tear to my eye

Edited by rasfoz
Social source share

Quite a few cause I'm a big softy at heart :shades: a few that make me feel emotional.....

Oscar Perry - I found true love

Gwen Owens - Just say your wanted

Adams Apple - Don't take it out on this world

Marvin Gaye - What's going on

Ray Pollard - The drifter

Next thread - Tunes that make you feel funky (oops mean happy n alive ) :thumbup:

Karen

Social source share

The dells make sure ,& ray pollard the drifter are the two that bring the tear to my eye

hello rasfoz,my girl and i,ray pollard and all i do,tammi terrell... :shades::thumbup::wicked: ..soulie55

ps-must go and get the tissues :shhh::D:lol:

Social source share

hello rasfoz,my girl and i,ray pollard and all i do,tammi terrell... whistling.gif:lol::lol: ..soulie55

ps-must go and get the tissues :P:lol:swoon.gif

agree with ray pollard - the drifter and tammi terrell - all i do is think about you..

and would add john & the wierdest - cant get over these memories, tobi legend - time will pass you by, jimmy radcliffe - long after tonight.., bobby sheen - something new to do, gladys knight & the pips - no one could love you more, barbara mason - you better stop it.. etc etc etc..

Social source share

Holly St James, That's not Love - but usually when the vodka takes over mellow.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert