The Butlers

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

About £30 to £50 depending on the text colour I think red is the more expensive.

I'd agree with that. Red text is @ £20 - £25 higher price than black text.

Neil Jones

Social source share

blue is the second issue after red, can't recall ever seeing yellow text issue :thumbsup: see the blue text for £30/£40 red for around £60.

i could be wrong chalky to be fair. just seem to recall it. i might even have it (if it's not imaginary, if that makes sense). i'll have a look over the weekend.

Social source share

i been after a red text for literally years - it aint easy. blue i'd have though £25 to £30-- and i would pay double for the red text - never heard of a black text (Neil, get your eyes checked! lol) or yellow - and lost nite dont count imo

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

blue is the second issue after red, can't recall ever seeing yellow text issue :thumbsup: see the blue text for £30/£40 red for around £60.

How do you know the blue issue is later than the red one?

I've heard this too but never heard why people are so shure.

Maybe the pressing plant just ran out of blue/red ink.

Social source share

How do you know the blue issue is later than the red one?

I've heard this too but never heard why people are so shure.

Maybe the pressing plant just ran out of blue/red ink.

I don't know if it is evidence or not, but the jean wells and the butlers only came out on RED ink I think. The red "laugh laugh laugh" is definitely rarer at least if not first. I think it is probably first given that the other one was only red (although again, it's still speculation).

Social source share

I don't know if it is evidence or not, but the jean wells and the butlers only came out on RED ink I think. The red "laugh laugh laugh" is definitely rarer at least if not first. I think it is probably first given that the other one was only red (although again, it's still speculation).

The red one is the first release. They re-pressed it on the Blue text as they mis-spelt The Butlers. The red one reads 'The BuLTers' instead of 'The BuTLers'.

If anyone has a red print copy for sale then please let me know, i'd be interested in buying it.

Tommy.

Edited by Tommy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert