Anyone Seen This?

tried valiantly to get a true NS style all-nighter going in London....................

Please, not this one again :wicked:

I thought he did get an all-nighter going? Loads of people went too, most said it was really good.

Granted, in the process of "valiantly" trying, he delighted in winding up everyone who was attending or running a club in London at the time by saying they were all crap and played crap music.

As I understand it he then fell out with his fellow promoters and flounced off to take the piss out of the Northern Soul scene in some other way. Releasing tailor mades dressed up as newly discovered 60's records wasn't it? Didn't he get punched by some well known DJ for flogging him a still warm from the presses copy of The Four Vandals - Wrong Side Of Town for about 600? Or is that just an NS myth.

This LP is yet another piss take designed to poke fun and get some reaction rather than being a serious musical outing, if you listen to some of the other tracks of IL's on Youtube you'll hear they are far better produced and much more polished. I'll bet he is pissing himself laughing at everyone discussing the merits of this pile of crap.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Please, not this one again :wicked:

"As I understand it" "Didn't he get punched" "Or is that just an NS myth."

"I'll bet he is pissing himself laughing"

Cheers

Paul

A wonderful example of the kind of Levine bashing some members seem to revel in,

NO FACTS - all heresay. If you don't know, ever met, ever dealt with or talked to

him then it's all heresay. I tell you what, open an all-niter, write, produce, arrange,

finance and distribute music and I'll be here singing the praises..........promise.

Don't like it, don't buy it, it's that simple........................if people do what's

recommended then? a night assault on their homes to retrieve said CD and jail them

for life ?

If everyone is so bored with IL posts, let's see if this is the last one....................

Social source share

A wonderful example of the kind of Levine bashing some members seem to revel in,

NO FACTS - all heresay. If you don't know, ever met, ever dealt with or talked to

him then it's all heresay. I tell you what, open an all-niter, write, produce, arrange,

finance and distribute music and I'll be here singing the praises..........promise.

Don't like it, don't buy it, it's that simple........................if people do what's

recommended then? a night assault on their homes to retrieve said CD and jail them

for life ?

If everyone is so bored with IL posts, let's see if this is the last one....................

Well it's not likely to is it now you've thrown down the gauntlet, as we speak I am organising a gang of crack musicians to appear on my first production including my 20 month old son on biscuit tin percussion, which is far more preferable to electronic percussion anyway.

I do know what you mean though Chris, except you can't expect everyone to show respect to someone who doesn't show any to anyone else.

Social source share

"all heresay"

Sorry is this typo supposed to be "hearsay" or "heresy"?

I wasn't Levine bashing, I was just taking issue with your comment regarding him "valiantly" trying to get a niter going in London. As I said; he did get one going - I understand it was good (didn't go so this is just hearsay). I have met him and talked to him though I didn't get much opportunity to speak if I remember correctly.

If I could be bothered I'd boot up my old laptop which, I'm fairly sure, still holds the digests from IL's "Advanced Northern Soul" list (another piss-take) where he slagged off the other clubs in London, where he slagged off his fellow promoters, where he asked for witnesses to the allleged punching so he could prosecute the alleged attacker. When I said "as I understand it" I did so because I don't want to invite similar action.

Are you saying he didn't say all the other London clubs were crap? Are you saying he didn't fall out with his fellow promoters and stop being involved in The Rocket? Are you saying he didn't cut a couple of tracks and pass them off as newly discovered 60's records? Are you saying he didn't sell one for a high price to a well known DJ? Are you saying he didn't get punched for doing so?

Are you saying this LP/CD is a serious musical outing not a quickly knocked up piece of rubbish with a title designed to annoy the majority of people on the NS scene?

I have to concur that I really can't be sure if he is pissing himself laughing, so that probably is heresy .... sorry; hearsay.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert