slimharpo

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Glady's Knight - Ain't you glad you chose love and I know better , also by The Marvelettes LP only.Temptations - I gotta find a way to get you back , [ same backing as He who picks a rose ] .Stevie Wonder - I want my baby back . Best ,Eddie

Gladys Knight - Hes My Kind Of Fellow, on the MFP album!

Al

Social source share

Glady's Knight - Ain't you glad you chose love and I know better , also by The Marvelettes LP only.Temptations - I gotta find a way to get you back , [ same backing as He who picks a rose ] .Stevie Wonder - I want my baby back . Best ,Eddie

Don't know the temptaions one - is it the same tempo as he who picks a rose.. what LP is it on please? better still sound clip as well

Thank

Social source share

Don't know the temptaions one - is it the same tempo as he who picks a rose.. what LP is it on please? better still sound clip as well

Thank

Temptations track is on the "Cloud Nine " lp.

Derek

Social source share

I've got some Philippine Motown 45s that are usually album only, Gladys Knight - Aint You Glad You Chose Love / I Know Better. Smokey Robinson & Miracles - Flying High Together. Marvin & Tammi, Martha Reeves and more. Only downside is the quality is hit and miss, some play great others are poor.

Tomo

Social source share

Gladys Knight - Hes My Kind Of Fellow, on the MFP album!

Al

Bearsoul intrudeced me to this great tune:

Gladys Knight and the Pips - How Can You Say That Ain't Love on the If I Were Your Woman LP.

Cheers

Social source share

a strange topic this, if you think about it, what I mean is, L.P. only tracks, do you / we mean worldwide or U.S. and U.K cos take as an example the temps. "is there anything that I can do". Its on a U.K. album, but no u.k. or u.s. 45 release, but is on a french 45rpm demo and french E.P. so where do you draw the line, anyone got a Brazil motown listing LOL.

WESTY

post-3667-1186833416.jpg

post-3667-1186833455.jpg

Edited by Daveboogaloo
Social source share

I've got some Philippine Motown 45s that are usually album only, Gladys Knight - Aint You Glad You Chose Love / I Know Better. Smokey Robinson & Miracles - Flying High Together. Marvin & Tammi, Martha Reeves and more. Only downside is the quality is hit and miss, some play great others are poor.

Tomo

Amazing stuff , have you got any label scans ? Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Sorry to go off in another direction but how many countries did Motown get releases in?

I have a Nigerian one and one from Lebanon. both 4 tops

UK

US

Canada

Australia and or New Zealand

France

Spain

Germany

Italy

Uruguay

Jamaica

ones I can think of off hand and probably the more obvious one at that

Edited by richard
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

There's a lovely version of Hey Girl on the same LP

Which is why it was put on Soul Satisfaction 2 :) ....great thread this. I'll have a rummage around in the archives and try and find out total distribution territories. I'm not sure how much luck I'll have as Motown was EMI but I think that the National Sound Archive has the information....although it's not relevant to this thread, I know that one copy of 'All along the watchtower' by Hendrix was sold in Aden - I found the sales sheets - fascinating stuff :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Guest Martin

my love is your love - isley brothers

That song isnt on any of their original motown album.

More, more, more of your love by The Miracles!

Social source share

a strange topic this, if you think about it, what I mean is, L.P. only tracks, do you / we mean worldwide or U.S. and U.K cos take as an example the temps. "is there anything that I can do". Its on a U.K. album, but no u.k. or u.s. 45 release, but is on a french 45rpm demo and french E.P. so where do you draw the line, anyone got a Brazil motown listing LOL.

WESTY

what the hell am i on about !!! its the Tops not the Temps !!!

Heads gone again

Westy

Social source share

How about Tammi Terrell - Tears at the end of a love affair , The Originals - Don't stop now , The Monitors - Share a little love .Best ,Eddie

Hi Eddie! Tony Horn here!

Must mention:

Gladys Knight "It Takes A Whole Lotta Man" - superb Crossover (Standing Ovation LP)

Stevie Wonder "You & Me" (My Cherie Amour LP)

Thelma Houston - "Nothing Left To Give" (Mowest LP)

Smokey/Miracles - "More Love" (Spanish Motown LP "Exitos De....")

Jackson Five "To Know" (Looking Thru The Windows LP - well I've heard a lot worse!!!)

...and anything by Willie Hutch not issued on 45!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Social source share

How about Tammi Terrell - Tears at the end of a love affair , The Originals - Don't stop now , The Monitors - Share a little love .Best ,Eddie

Great Version of Share A Little Love by The Isleys on one of the "cheap" lps, also good version of Eddie Hollands Leaving Here :D

That's the EMI Starline one with Rumour on it- Crackin' tracks all the way.

Tony

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Thelma Houston - "Nothing Left To Give" (Mowest LP)

Tony, genius track - suggested by John 'Soul' Smith for inclusion on SS4...blimey, I can't remember the track lists but I put Thelma on one of them :D Jo

Social source share

Kiki Dee- Love is a warm kinda sorrow - Great Expectations LP

Now thats a great Motown track Lp only unless someone can put me right!

My favourite track from the LP, guess this was recorded in Detroit?

Stevie Wonder - Be Cool, Be Calm (Keep Yourself Together) (fr. Down To Earth 1966)

top uptempo motown

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Gladys Knight and the Pips Aint no sun since youve been gone.

and

Chuck jackson We`ll find a way from Chuck Jackson Arrives.

Al H :D

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Gladys Knight and the Pips Aint no sun since youve been gone.

and

Chuck jackson We`ll find a way from Chuck Jackson Arrives.

Al H :lol:

Mr Jackson also did 'Ain't no Sun'....and I think both tracks mentioned above ended up on an SS CD - the Chuck Jackson being a suggestion from Alan :lol:

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert