Kiki Dee / Maya Fernik Acetate

Denbo

First of all, is it Maja or Maya Fernik?

Right, I have this 2 sided acetate on audiodisc, as follows;

Kiki Dee - Love Is A Warm Kind Of Sorrow,

backed with

Maya Fernik - Give Me Your Love

Now I can see that the Maya Fernik track got a release on UK Philips as Maja Fernik in 1972. Valued at £22 in the book but not sure if it's worth / sells for more with collectors?

The Kiki Dee track does not appear to have a UK release, well not as a 45 according to the book. Can anybody say otherwise?

Anyhow, why do you think these two tracks were cut back to back on audidisc? In fact, what can you folks tell me about audiodisc acetates, compared say to emidiscs?

Are these two recordingsworth much individually? Did the Kiki Dee recording come out on an Lp if it wasn't released as a 45?

What about US releases?

In fact, I'd appreciate any information at all regarding these two individual recordings and this back to back acetate in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Love is a warm kind of sorrow is on the Great expectations lp....also on a budget lp i think.... thumbsup.gif

Correct.

US Great Expectations LP on TAMLA.

Never on a 45 and also came out on a UK Sounds Superb LP.

Best track for me was always "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday" on UK TMG 45 and US TAMLA 45.

Would suggest that the Audiodisc is most probably an 'EMI' in the 'Boot' sense of the word.

:thumbup:

Sean

post-4120-1186686665_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Correct.

US Great Expectations LP on TAMLA.

Never on a 45 and also came out on a UK Sounds Superb LP.

Best track for me was always "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday" on UK TMG 45 and US TAMLA 45.

Would suggest that the Audiodisc is most probably an 'EMI' in the 'Boot' sense of the word.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

So, no great shakes then. Worth how much would you guess?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert