Messy Front Rooms

Just scanning the forums and noticed a couple of photographs that a member posted up of his front room, complete with the usual decks....speakers.....and the tons of plastic discs what we seem to have a slight problem with :wicked: I had a chuckle to myself :no:

Good Idea for a thread? Come on......Pictures of the state of your houses and the sight of large piles of vinyl please?

How does your missus or hubby put up with this sort of behaviour?

This is what the corner of my front room looked like yesterday..............."are you going to put them back upstairs when you have finished playing with them love?" :P

Help me out here....................because then I can prove to her that it is perfectly normal? A bit different ?

A sort of Soul Source "Look through the keyhole" if you get me. Now .......who would live in a house like this..etc...etc ? :rolleyes:

:wicked: Well i thought it would be intresting! And it was "Soulslider" who posted pics up of his home..............fantastic!!!

post-6465-1186536368_thumb.jpg

I bring my LAMBRETTA into my house wintertime (as you can appreciate it is cold) , have to re - decorate in Spring due to the T Cut spillage...... gearbox oil leaking everywhere........exhaust fumes......usual stuff...... :yes: But its warm for her!!

post-6465-1186538608_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

I couldnt get away with any of that and as for your Sx 200 sitting indoors all winter myself and me scooter would be in the shed before the engine cooled down :lol:

how do you get away with that :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

mine as it was ... with the chopper in the bay window:

CIMG0541.jpg

NOT MANY BLOKES I KNOW WOULD ADMIT TO EXPOSING THEIR CHOPPER IN THEIR BAY WINDOW :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I don't know how you lot get away with it. I'd love my turntable, records and PC downstairs in front of the flatscreen TV but i'm relegated to the box room upstairs :lol: Mind you the whole house is a constant mess due to the 'play' of two 3 year olds. Actually i wouldn't want my stuff down there with them :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I thought you might be lurking with intent somewhere - and couldn't resist that cue!

:lol:

i didnt want to dissapoint Peter :lol:

as you can all tell im bored shifless and need amusement :thumbsup:

Social source share

God forbid if i left anything i mean ANYTHING in the front room as you call it,it would be out of the window within minutes,

My Mandy hates anything untidy ,that includes me, :thumbsup:

The house is spotless you could eat your dinner of the floor if you wanted too but alas no food items allowed..mind you our nice wooden floor is perfect for her to practice her dance moves..in stocking feet i might add.

Thank god i have a sanctury upstairs in MY room ,where Mandy NEVER ventures,its sort of organised chaos but its my chaos,i can put my hands on anything at a moments notice despite the chaos..

Social source share

Just scanning the forums and noticed a couple of photographs that a member posted up of his front room, complete with the usual decks....speakers.....and the tons of plastic discs what we seem to have a slight problem with :lol: I had a chuckle to myself :lol:

Good Idea for a thread? Come on......Pictures of the state of your houses and the sight of large piles of vinyl please?

This is what the corner of my front room looked like yesterday..............."are you going to put them back upstairs when you have finished playing with them love?" :lol:

Help me out here....................because then I can prove to her that it is perfectly normal? A bit different ?

A sort of Soul Source "Look through the keyhole" if you get me. Now .......who would live in a house like this..etc...etc ? :lol:

:lol: Well i thought it would be intresting! And it was "Soulslider" who posted pics up of his home..............fantastic!!!

I bring my LAMBRETTA into my house wintertime (as you can appreciate it is cold) , have to re - decorate in Spring due to the T Cut spillage...... gearbox oil leaking everywhere........exhaust fumes......usual stuff...... :lol: But its warm for her!!

Hi

I may have to do a bit of tidying before my record storage could hope to be described as messy.

They are in sturdy cases, unfortunately 50% in a random order.

I have now collated an A TO Z List on Excel. :lol: The rest is an ongoing project. :lol:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

God forbid if i left anything i mean ANYTHING in the front room as you call it,it would be out of the window within minutes,

My Mandy hates anything untidy ,that includes me, :lol:

The house is spotless you could eat your dinner of the floor if you wanted too but alas no food items allowed..mind you our nice wooden floor is perfect for her to practice her dance moves..in stocking feet i might add.

Thank god i have a sanctury upstairs in MY room ,where Mandy NEVER ventures,its sort of organised chaos but its my chaos,i can put my hands on anything at a moments notice despite the chaos..

so dinner on the floor next week at yours then Toby and leave all the empty chinese cartons everywhere for Mandy to clear up behind, oh and i forgot about all the empty beer cans chucked everywhere too :lol::lol:

only joking Mandy :lol:

Social source share

so dinner on the floor next week at yours then Toby and leave all the empty chinese cartons everywhere for Mandy to clear up behind, oh and i forgot about all the empty beer cans chucked everywhere too :lol::lol:

only joking Mandy :lol:

Bearsy,Mandy has got one of those all in one white paper suits ready for you(like the old bill use) if you call up to Toby Towers before Letchworth Soul Nite on Friday 17th

(blattent bump here).Best you comb your hair as well before entering our place(sorry forgot you aint got no hair....soooory) :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Bearsy,Mandy has got one of those all in one white paper suits ready for you(like the old bill use) if you call up to Toby Towers before Letchworth Soul Nite on Friday 17th

(blattent bump here).Best you comb your hair as well before entering our place(sorry forgot you aint got no hair....soooory) :lol:

:lol: i have hair but i choose to style it like most folically challenged so i fit in better :lol: ,

I will let you know what time i can get away on the friday as for me the earlier the better cos of the traffic so the chances are i will call at yours first at Toby Towers if im early if thats ok :lol:

Social source share

In respect of storage of vinyl / albums / CDs , the state our dining room is the bane of my good lady's life ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

:lol: i have hair but i choose to style it like most folically challenged so i fit in better :lol: ,

I will let you know what time i can get away on the friday as for me the earlier the better cos of the traffic so the chances are i will call at yours first at Toby Towers if im early if thats ok :lol:

No problems mate youre welcome anytime..

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

No problems mate youre welcome anytime..

i just dont want to leave it too chance on a friday night around that m25 so will set off in plenty of time,

thanks Toby your a diamond :lol:

Social source share

I couldnt get away with any of that and as for your Sx 200 sitting indoors all winter myself and me scooter would be in the shed before the engine cooled down :lol:

how do you get away with that :lol:

Good lover :lol::lol: !! It would appear that I am alone on this one.............I just thought everyone lived like this :lol:

I was expecting a few pictures of vinyl chaos in peoples Gaffs , I feel very guilty and a bit embarrassed now! :lol:

Right ................. Im off for a tidy up! :lol:

Social source share

mine as it was ... with the chopper in the bay window:

CIMG0541.jpg

I used to have one of them , until I did a wheelie 2 up and fractured my mates head . Dangerous things they are ! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Just scanning the forums and noticed a couple of photographs that a member posted up of his front room, complete with the usual decks....speakers.....and the tons of plastic discs what we seem to have a slight problem with :lol: I had a chuckle to myself :lol:

This is what the corner of my front room looked like yesterday..............."are you going to put them back upstairs when you have finished playing with them love?" :lol:

A sort of Soul Source "Look through the keyhole" if you get me. Now .......who would live in a house like this..etc...etc ? :lol:

:lol: Well i thought it would be intresting! And it was "Soulslider" who posted pics up of his home..............fantastic!!!

I bring my LAMBRETTA into my house wintertime (as you can appreciate it is cold) , have to re - decorate in Spring due to the T Cut spillage...... gearbox oil leaking everywhere........exhaust fumes......usual stuff...... :lol: But its warm for her!!

Now get out and stay out, love from ya wife :lol:

post-3329-1186602893_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Ive got no chance, mine Lambretta will not fit through the door lol :lol:

post-3329-1186603654_thumb.jpg

Now that's what I call a propper scooter, they don't look right without the chrome work. You forgot the front crash bar though mate. And the tassels in the handle bars, oh and the whip arial of course. :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Now that's what I call a propper scooter, they don't look right without the chrome work. You forgot the front crash bar though mate. And the tassels in the handle bars, oh and the whip arial of course. :lol::lol:

Well as it happens, i bought some tassles but i cant get the gear change side in, dont really want to drill a small hole, the whip arial i put on only when i leave wales, and not sure on front bumber bar, lack of money :lol: all spent up on 45s :lol:

you can now get front crash bars that you do not have to drill, so will get some very soooooon :lol:

Edited by Pete Griffin
Social source share

Well as it happens, i bought some tassles but i cant get the gear change side in, dont really want to drill a small hole, the whip arial i put on only when i leave wales, and not sure on front bumber bar, lack of money :lol: all spent up on 45s :lol:

Ha ha! just joking with you Pete it looks fantastic. :lol:

Social source share

A sort of Soul Source "Look through the keyhole" if you get me. Now .......who would live in a house like this..etc...etc ? :thumbsup:

:wicked:Well i thought it would be intresting! And it was "Soulslider" who posted pics up of his home..............fantastic!!!

I bring my LAMBRETTA into my house wintertime (as you can appreciate it is cold) , have to re - decorate in Spring due to the T Cut spillage...... gearbox oil leaking everywhere........exhaust fumes......usual stuff...... :unsure: But its warm for her!!

My converted garage....there's no way she'd ever let me have 'em in the living room!!! :ohmy:

Here's another piccie:

post-4912-1186610610_thumb.jpg

Total garage conversion cost me £170....her dad's a builder! :yes:

Social source share

Now get out and stay out, love from ya wife :ohmy:

Where did you get that picture ? Whats that got to do with this thread? :unsure:

Right...............Griff...................Gloves are off now Chap!!!!!!! :wicked:

Great garage Soulslider.............might have to think about that myself! :thumbsup:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Now get out and stay out, love from ya wife :lol:

Anyone recognise that chin? Yup Buddy Thats the Griff ....... Forgot I had this did you? :lol:

Well I had'nt :lol::thumbsup::wicked: REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD :unsure:

post-6465-1186616802_thumb.jpg

AND THERE ARE MORE WHERE THIS CAME FROM GRIFF!!!! :ohmy:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest soulful ady

Hi Mossy,great post mate,i will post some pics up later today,you can't even go for a crap in our house without looking up at a framed news paper black echos from 76 with the head lines "IS NORTHERN SOUL DEAD OR ALIVE ! " and that was back then.

Our kitchen,hallway landing well everyroom apart from the bathroom is covered with MOTOWN/NORTHERN SOUL items,and thats telling no lies mate.

Lucky enough my good lady loves the music to..Picture to follow.All the best ady

Edited by soulful ady
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Anyone recognise that chin? Yup Buddy Thats the Griff ....... Forgot I had this did you? :lol:

Well I had'nt :lol::thumbsup::wicked: REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD :unsure:

post-6465-1186616802_thumb.jpg

AND THERE ARE MORE WHERE THIS CAME FROM GRIFF!!!! :lol:

Ha ha, i forgot about that :ohmy: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Social source share

Hi Mossy,great post mate,i will post some pics up later today,you can't even go for a crap in our house without looking up at a framed news paper black echos from 76 with the head lines "IS NORTHERN SOUL DEAD OR ALIVE ! " and that was back then.

Our kitchen,hallway landing well everyroom apart from the bathroom is covered with MOTOWN/NORTHERN SOUL items,and thats telling no lies mate.

Lucky enough my good lady loves the music to..Picture to follow.All the best ady

thumbup.gif Thats the way Ady !!! :D

Might "Expose some more" dodgy snaps of Pete Griffin..............Remember the awful moony you did in Blackpool all them years ago, in the middle of the street in the afternoon? Well guess what I have just found :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

thumbup.gif Thats the way Ady !!! :D

Might "Expose some more" dodgy snaps of Pete Griffin..............Remember the awful moony you did in Blackpool all them years ago, in the middle of the street in the afternoon? Well guess what I have just found :thumbsup:

Hey that my best side lol, Anyway, its not as if your fully clothed when we do the radio show on the internet :thumbsup:

Social source share

My little shrine.........

gallery_1774_234_841953.jpg

Great thread

Doc

:Dthumbsup.gif Very tidy .........Scooter pics on the wall :thumbsup: empty cardboard packaging indicating recent purchases :)

decks....mixer...............................what a great life we live! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

This doubles or trebles as our bedroom, record room and yes this is infact 'The Soul Shack'....lol, not as messy as of old but keeps me in Jacquis good books.

Mark Bicknell.

Are! Tender touch cotton wool, dont you just luv it :D

Social source share

This doubles or trebles as our bedroom, record room and yes this is infact 'The Soul Shack'....lol, not as messy as of old but keeps me in Jacquis good books.

Mark Bicknell.

boxes and boxes of tunes.................................. :D thanks for that Mark!

A very tidy room ............ ! thumbup.gif

Social source share

If i had my way, she would sleep on the floor and the records would be in bed :thumbsup: records dont snore shhh.gif

post-3329-1186662503_thumb.jpg

Whats that big blue thing on the bedside cabinet pete....................is that the Wifes ! :D

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Whats that big blue thing on the bedside cabinet pete....................is that the Wifes ! ohmy.gif

Shit!!!!, i thought it was a lamp, i thought it was broken, because everytime i switched it on, it shuffled across the bed side table :D

Social source share

Guest soulful ady
post-6899-1186670215_thumb.jpgpost-6899-1186670112_thumb.jpgpost-6899-1186670155_thumb.jpgAnd just a couple more,i'll have to get the knack of using the camera and get some decent shots. :whistling:PS if you notive the glitter ball,it's nawt to do with me HONEST!!
Social source share

Guest soulful ady
post-6899-1186670596_thumb.jpgpost-6899-1186670659_thumb.jpgpost-6899-1186670705_thumb.jpgpost-6899-1186670738_thumb.jpgWill post the bedroom ones later,maggie was in bed earlier and didn't want to put everyone off.. :thumbup: Thats me in it AGAIN. :wicked:
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

At the top of the stairs......massive poster, note the DJ...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Never herd of him lol :thumbup: nice one :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!