• Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

Tommy Bush - I Don't Like It (But I Love You) - Rika

Yes Mark, I play it in my set quite a lot at Burnley, goes down a storm. :rolleyes:

Phil.

great tune indeed Phil :wicked: , ive been playing this with Danny Harrison - girl girl girl, also, Charles Farren - You`ve changed my whole life around, they go great together and you try sitting down to them :yes: imho of course

Social source share

Sterling Magee - Keep on - Sylvia (Hug me, dont bug me).

Just right for todays R & B upsurge.

Paul Sindab - Do you you gotta do - Hype

and whilst on the old cleethorpes sounds - Joey Dee - How can I forget you - Caniel (strut in time).

Theres just so many if DJs dug deep.

Ed

Social source share

morning all, i'll leave you to ponder over these, off to work now

george jackson - that lonely night - rr / cameo

ambassadors - storm warning - arctic

volcanos - storm warning - arctic

mirettes - he's alright with me - mirwood

stanley mitchell - quit twisting my arm - dynamo

new holidays - my baby aint no plaything - westbound

popcorn wylie - rosemary - karen

frank howard - im so glad - barry

don varner - masquerade - south camp

lornettes - his way with the girls - gallio

willie hatcher - good things - columbia......+ b side searching

linda jones - im so glad i found you - stang

Social source share

Sterling Magee - Keep on - Sylvia (Hug me, dont bug me).

Just right for todays R & B upsurge.

Paul Sindab - Do you you gotta do - Hype

and whilst on the old cleethorpes sounds - Joey Dee - How can I forget you - Caniel (strut in time).

Theres just so many if DJs dug deep.

Ed

Ah, but do the DJs still have them? Might they now be all in the hands of collectors, who don't all necessarily DJ?

Social source share

Ah, but do the DJs still have them? Might they now be all in the hands of collectors, who don't all necessarily DJ?

I think the answer is yes, well some do for sure, depends I guess if you DJ/work with a one box rotation method where all your eggs so to speak are in one box and only have that as your source, buy,sell,swap,trade or if you have a base collection which you can call upon and rotate that way, I fall into the latter and tend to use of late the base collection to buy,sell,swap,trade....sometimes it's hard to part with stuff that you have had for twenty years, other records it's not so hard and so it goes on....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest rachel

Few of the 60s girlie things mentioned (Ruby Winters, Martha Jean Love, Linda Jones) I played out when I did sets of almost entirely 60s girlie things a few years back - always got a few comments of 'that used to get played xx years ago at wherever...' but not a huge amount of enthusiasm from the masses to be honest!

One that seemed to get a few dancers was Jackie Verdell - Are You Ready For This - Decca.

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

morning all, i'll leave you to ponder over these, off to work now

linda jones - im so glad i found you - stang

Just got a copy of this + 2 other 45s off Ebay for £10 for the 3....it's a genius track and will be slipped into my set as often as possible. Excellent selection. Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Vonettes - Touch My Heart - Cobblestone.....now how good is that?

Mark Bicknell.

Never leaves my play box...gorgeous Van McCoy production.

Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Gil Blanding was played at Middleton a few weeks ago. Sounded very nice and fresh yes.gif

Excellent track. Used to play it but moved it on to Mulf. Was played a fair bit at the Dome and TOS a couple of years back. Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Little Ben And The Cheers - I'm Gonna Get Even With You - Penny..blinding record!

Mark Bicknell.

OMG....that record reminds me of living in Ramsgate and when you came and stayed with me and Martin laugh.gif Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

OMG when we were about 12 years old Jo......lol

Mark.

Speak for yourself - I was about 20 - hang on....that's 27 years ago :thumbsup::lol: I've just scared myself :lol: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Bugger have we really known each other for 28 years...wow and double bugger...lol

Mark Bicknell.

We could've had a couple of grown up children by now........hang on.......that's an even scarier thought :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Luscious Three "Take me as I am" T'Suga Rays

If a 'certain DJ' started spinning this, it would go through the roof, I'm sure! Played a little at Cleethorpes, then forgotten, sounds sooo good now! Off in MY playbox, remember where you heard it......:lol:

Take_me_as_I_am.mp3

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

THE ASCOTS - MISS HEARTBREAKER

THE INCREDIBLES - I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOUR LOVE

Incredibles, top tune, and so so cheap :lol:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Forgive my ignorance but where was this Tommy Bush played originally? Stafford I'll bet?

Way before Stafford, probably most places mid 70's, certainly remember it from Cleethorpes.... :lol:

post-1832-1186604928_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Cheap as chips but the most incredible swetest sound from revilot

The Parliaments - I can feel the ice melting.

How often does this get played?

Mark

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Great thread!

I don't get out much so I 'm not really up on what's current and what's not but this thread appealed to me as i had a sit in the room and play records afternoon. The following were spun for the first time in ages. They sounded great ....to me at least and as good as the last time I played them, which was a while ago.

Tony middleton - Spanish maiden Speed

The Impacts - Jerkin' in your seat - Counsel

Bobby Taylor - Oh I've been blessed

Willie Kendrick - You can't by pass love/Give me lots of lovin' - RCA Victor

Gary

If you ever want to sell that Tony middleton-spanish maiden-speed(storm the rarer label). i`d be very interested.

regards....Neil.

p.s Sam & Bill-i`ll try-Decca.....needs world re-activation.1st heard mid-seventies as a fifteen year old teenager,still a nut clentcher and a dance floor filler now.

Social source share

Forgive my ignorance but where was this Tommy Bush played originally? Stafford I'll bet?

Went to the first two with my pal Frank Jackson but I emigrated to Canada thereafter so, unfortunately for me, Stafford is a complete mystery to me, other than the memory of that huge pile of Okeh issues and Demos at between 50p and £2 each that me and Frank bought from a guy literally out of his brown leather suitcase the second night we attended.

Got this on a Wigan tape from June 78, probably played before though.

Social source share

If you ever want to sell that Tony middleton-spanish maiden-speed(storm the rarer label). i`d be very interested.

regards....Neil.

p.s Sam & Bill-i`ll try-Decca.....needs world re-activation.1st heard mid-seventies as a fifteen year old teenager,still a nut clentcher and a dance floor filler now.

Neil

I doubt I'd ever sell it, I like it toooooo much.

Gary :D

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Luscious Three "Take me as I am" T'Suga Rays

If a 'certain DJ' started spinning this, it would go through the roof, I'm sure! Played a little at Cleethorpes, then forgotten, sounds sooo good now! Off in MY playbox, remember where you heard it...... laugh.gif

Take_me_as_I_am.mp3

Your right T does sound good not heared it for years :D

Edited by Black Gold of the Sun
Social source share

Great thread!

I don't get out much so I 'm not really up on what's current and what's not but this thread appealed to me as i had a sit in the room and play records afternoon. The following were spun for the first time in ages. They sounded great ....to me at least and as good as the last time I played them, which was a while ago.

Tony middleton - Spanish maiden Speed

The Impacts - Jerkin' in your seat - Counsel

Bobby Taylor - Oh I've been blessed

Willie Kendrick - You can't by pass love/Give me lots of lovin' - RCA Victor

Gary

Bobby Taylor,classic track indeed..I heard it get played at Sleepless nights in Dublin and it sounded as good as ever..

Social source share

I posted this up on refosoul a while back on a topic by Michael Higgins about cheap but superb sounds, 'TK MAxx soul' I think he called it. I was amazed at how many plays both tracks got. Perhaps this says something.

Fred Hughes - As long as we're together / Walk on back to you - Exodus

Gary

Social source share

I posted this up on refosoul a while back on a topic by Michael Higgins about cheap but superb sounds, 'TK MAxx soul' I think he called it. I was amazed at how many plays both tracks got. Perhaps this says something.

Fred Hughes - As long as we're together / Walk on back to you - Exodus

Gary

Absolutely brilliant record, I think Walk on Back just shades it for me,

and how about that other one from Fred-I Keep Trying :thumbup:

Tony

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

CODY BLACK-GOING GOING GONE,DUG IT OUT THE OTHER NIGHT SOUNDED BLOODY BRILL,ALSO BILLY BUTLER-SWEET DARLING,THERES NUMEROUS TRACKS,EDDIE PARKER-NEED A TRUE LOVE ,ETC.HAVE NOT HEARD DANNY WAGNER FOR YONKS -LOST A TRUE LOVE ANOTHER ONE WORTH DUSTING DOWN. :thumbup:

BAZ A

I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS OUT RECENTLY AND IT SOUNDS GREAT, NOT BAD FOR £20 EITHER

LOVELY BASSLINE

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

like jimmy conwell - gemini, is it just my copy or a real poor sound quality?

russ

yeah, mines a bit on the quiet side mate, nightmare for playing out, especially as its such a great record

Social source share

Mines on a RCA white label promo which I would guess is more common than an issue but I would say at between £30 - £50 maybe ??

Yeah I picked up a demo for 25 off of Phil Raines (I think) great double sider played a few times at Solid Hit :thumbup:

75 bit overpriced I think ! Quality yes.......... rare ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert