Was This Released On Uk Roulette?

Blake H

Just Looking through the "Collectable UK 45s of Swinging 6os" listing and I'v never seen this before, was it released on UK Roulette?

Little Jimmy Gandy........Cool Thirteen/I'm not like the others. RO.510

Common on US, listed at £25.

Just curious :P

Blake

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm fairly sure this is an old typo that's got copied and perpetuated over the years, I've never seen it on British. On a similar theme, there's supposed to be a Sam Dees release on UK Major Minor (If it's all wrong/Don't keep me hanging on) - has anyone ever seen this? I've got a catalogue from the 60's which lists it, and it's still in the latest Record Collector price guide, yet I've never seen it. Can anyone confirm its existence?

Social source share

What, that were both sad anoraks whistling.gif:P

Blake

No mate... all three of us are that... I'll admit!

Just that the "Sam Dees on Major Minor" is one of your favourite questions!

I've looked for years for the Dees and I honestly don't think either exists on UK mate.

A Little Jimmy Gandy on British would be a seriously prized item I reckon!

Sean

Social source share

Ha Ha Blake... seems like you and nickinstoke have a lot in common!

Fact is, neither record exists.

If they did I would have 'em!

laugh.gif

Hey Sean, take it you're a keen UK collector with a fair sprinkling of UK label obscurities?

For those who might be interested, could you list a few of these by way of an example?

It would be of great interest to me if nobody else.

Social source share

Hey Sean, take it you're a keen UK collector with a fair sprinkling of UK label obscurities?

For those who might be interested, could you list a few of these by way of an example?

It would be of great interest to me if nobody else.

Not so much these days but used to love my british stuff in the early 70's and had most, if not all, of the big tunes of the time on UK labels.

To be honest, my failing is that for the last 30 odd years I've collected almost anything these days - UK, US, Australian, Argentinian, Lebanese, European, Japanese, 45's, Acetates, Test Pressings, LP's, 12", CD's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, Y2K... every bloody thing.

I get more turned on these days by things like this!

post-4120-1186510567_thumb.jpg

Social source share

And This!

Now Tower of Power I really like myself, even though it extends into a release year period on the limit of my record collecting period.

The first two I've never even seen before. Take it the first one is a UK release and the Jaedes is Australian? That one looks really good. Love to hear it as well. Soundbyte? IT'S OKAY, I'VE FOUND ONE. NOWT ON THE LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY THOUGH.

Sounds / looks like we could discuss this stuff for hours and days and weeks. But whose got time these days?

Whereabouts do you live Sean? Where do you venture out?

Any others?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Both are 1969 releases and both have genuine "in sequence" releases numbers. Also both hit the weekly release week sheets...wierd?

655 Major Minor 1969 Sam Dees

510 Roulette 1969 Little Jimmy Gandy

To be honest at 54 everything becomes a blur.. but i'm sorta sure i've had or seen both.... in my sleep?? awake??

I'm on my third glass of wine though.. help is required.

Social source share

Both are 1969 releases and both have genuine "in sequence" releases numbers. Also both hit the weekly release week sheets...wierd?

655 Major Minor 1969 Sam Dees

510 Roulette 1969 Little Jimmy Gandy

To be honest at 54 everything becomes a blur.. but i'm sorta sure i've had or seen both.... in my sleep?? awake??

I'm on my third glass of wine though.. help is required.

John... it all becomes a blur well before then mate.

But I'm pretty sure you only saw them in your dreams.

I know I have often enough!

:ohmy:

Seriously.... anyone else see record labels all night in their sleep?

I've done it for years. Sometimes I don't want to wake up its so good!

Think I'll get an early night!

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Sounds / looks like we could discuss this stuff for hours and days and weeks. But whose got time these days?

Whereabouts do you live Sean? Where do you venture out?

Any others?

Got loads more... but I'm supposed to be working right now.

Trying to complete a presentation that I'm doing in the morning.

I live west of Chesterfield.

Will be at "Without Boundaries" on Bank Holiday Sunday!

Am Tall Dark & Handsome... and have a GSOH

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

thumbsup.gif

Not all night , but I have had my moments regarding labels whilst in the land of nod ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

:yes:

:rolleyes:

No wet dreams I hope. :wicked:

Social source share

No mate... all three of us are that... I'll admit!

Just that the "Sam Dees on Major Minor" is one of your favourite questions!

I've looked for years for the Dees and I honestly don't think either exists on UK mate.

A Little Jimmy Gandy on British would be a seriously prized item I reckon!

Sean

Never mentioned the Dees track Sean and only twice ever on here, but as you know re Buddy Causey it pays to ask.

My favorite question on here is, has anyone a copy of ..........................for sale?

Blake

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Both about as common as a volumes on uk pama

No, that does exist!

I was working in a record shop that stocked at least one copy of every new UK soul release by the time the Dees and Gandy 45s would have been released. If they had come out, we would unquestionably have stocked both. Never saw them in stock there, never seen them anywhere else since. If I'd ever found a Sam Dees on Major Minor, it would still be in my possession now...

...and if John M reckons that he might have seen them both once, I reckon he needs to knock the vino on the head and stick to sarsaparilla! :thumbsup:

Social source share

No, that does exist!

I was working in a record shop that stocked at least one copy of every new UK soul release by the time the Dees and Gandy 45s would have been released. If they had come out, we would unquestionably have stocked both. Never saw them in stock there, never seen them anywhere else since. If I'd ever found a Sam Dees on Major Minor, it would still be in my possession now...

...and if John M reckons that he might have seen them both once, I reckon he needs to knock the vino on the head and stick to sarsaparilla! :thumbsup:

Tony,

If the Volumes on UK Pama exists, then prehaps fairies and UFO's are also out there.

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Never mentioned the Dees track Sean and only twice ever on here, but as you know re Buddy Causey it pays to ask.

My favorite question on here is, has anyone a copy of ..........................for sale?

Blake

That's why I said you've a lot in common, if you've mentioned the Dees track on Major Minor here before Blake. I know for sure that we've also discussed it before... unless I've got you confused with someone else... probably John Benson (I've discussed every record ever released with him, at least twice in my lifetime :lol: ).

So what abot Buddy Causey? Have you got one yet?

I saw one on a list about 3 weeks ago but when I called it had gone.

Was it you?

:lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tony,

If the Volumes on UK Pama exists, then prehaps fairies and UFO's are also out there.

Regards

Paul

Sorry, Paul (and anyone else waiting to point my error out to me) - the lunchtime Young's was temporarily clouding an otherwise functional brain. I was reading and thinking "The Persians" instead of "The Volumes". Seen plenty of copies of the former on Pama, none whatsoever of the latter...

That'll beach me to have a gentle dig at John M about drinking over thinking :lol:

Social source share

Guest taffy

No, that does exist!

...and if John M reckons that he might have seen them both once, I reckon he needs to knock the vino on the head and stick to sarsaparilla! :lol:

more chance of millwall winning the cup tone than finding a volumes mate :lol::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert