Pete S

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Known? Rated? Hated? Dunno myself, can't find it in the books, not bad early 60's a bit like a cross between Stand By Me and Somebody Help Me (Donald Jenkins).

post-1893-1186407771_thumb.jpg

the group's other witch 45 ("lonely boy") is much much harder to find (and better in my opinion)

Social source share

it is known, sure it come out on another label as well, will try & check which one later if I remember

It didn't come out on another label. There is a lee dorsey song called people gonna talk, don't know if you're thinking of that?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Think loads of Artists must have done this song, I have a version by Tip Watkins. saying that its a decade later... who knows

Mal.C.

I do...that's a different song to either of the others mentioned in this post...

Songs of this title by the Box Tops and Barbara Lynn are also entirely unrelated, to each other or to any other 'People Gonna Talk's mentioned here.

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

TIP WATKINS HAD A VERSION VERY POPULAR AT THE MECCA RELEASED ON H/L RECORDS I THINK,WILL DO SCAN LATER.

BAZ A

At risk of repearing myself from the previous post, Baz, Tip's is a different song!

Social source share

Known? Rated? Hated? Dunno myself, can't find it in the books, not bad early 60's a bit like a cross between Stand By Me and Somebody Help Me (Donald Jenkins).

post-1893-1186407771_thumb.jpg

Well there you go Pete, its a one off song not recorded by any of the above... You may have a real rarity here matey, take good care of it!!

Mal:-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert