• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Netspeaky

I see my mate Rob Moss gets a mention. Just watch the $ signs going up on vinyl in and around Detroit after the general public have read this article. :thumbup:

Social source share

Along with the various price guides now so evident with record dealers throughout the US :wub: Still a nice article nonetheless :no:

Last time I was through Detroit, old man May was using John Manship's Guide on a pound-for-dollar basis, so the prices were

well below book-price, but higher they would have been in the past. I suspect the funk collector's in US have also helped the general inflation

as much as the guides themselves. Also think the Detroit shops are less fussy about condition, Peoples barely had a minter in stock, a lot of the

records were in quite poor condition.

Social source share

Last time I was through Detroit, old man May was using John Manship's Guide on a pound-for-dollar basis, so the prices were

well below book-price, but higher they would have been in the past. I suspect the funk collector's in US have also helped the general inflation

as much as the guides themselves. Also think the Detroit shops are less fussy about condition, Peoples barely had a minter in stock, a lot of the

records were in quite poor condition.

Lets face it...Americans being Americans think the price guide is in Dollars anyway!!! Yippeee!

Social source share

Guest Dante

Interesting.

I know it's currently in-demand, but that's one zero too much on that Dee Edwards 45 isn't it..? :D

Thought exactly the same, maybe a typo :lol:

The Bump Shop issue is rarer isn't ?

Social source share

Thought exactly the same, maybe a typo :D

The Bump Shop issue is rarer isn't ?

there are a number of errors in the article, all of which should be attributed to the writer. the dee edwards price being too high, the jj barnes too low, referring to records as "vinyls," etc.

problem is, though, dee edwards "why can't there be love" is actually pretty common in the area, so now ppl will probably start bringing it in all the time, demanding to get real paid!

oh, and if you're looking for mint records, then you really should just stop coming to detroit to look for records altogether :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert