Is This The Rarest Spinners Track

Guest GrooveJunkies

Guest GrooveJunkies

post-2246-1186207074_thumb.jpgcould this be the rearest detroit spinners track

I've got to make it on my own----------from 1975------British only----k10571

anybody know what it could be worth ..just no copy's around getting so action up north i think ....Eddy Edmondson has been biggin it up for the last year or two he's saying around 100 quid :thumbup: do you think that's right or could it be more.........

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylmaniac

Whats the other side Driza, cant be bothered to go and look but I'm sure I've all spinners UK's most on demos.

Thanks

Blake

Hi .It's on the flipside to "living a little, laughing a little".UK & Im sure I saw Steve jeffries with a German copy.Ta Ray

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

Hi .It's on the flipside to "living a little, laughing a little".UK & Im sure I saw Steve jeffries with a German copy.Ta Ray

UK only :thumbup: -----------dog rare :ohmy: -----------you wont find one easily :lol: ......if at all :lol: ..........still need a price? :yes:

come on where are all the UK collectors :yes: .........or is it to rare for them :lol:

Social source share

Guest vinylmaniac

UK only :thumbup: -----------dog rare :ohmy: -----------you wont find one easily :lol: ......if at all :lol: ..........still need a price? :yes:

come on where are all the UK collectors :yes: .........or is it to rare for them :lol:

Paid £3.50 for mine.Ta Ray

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Look around the disco sections on the Bay..got two copys over the Last year cheap too..Vinylmaniac played me this track yonks ago..Their best me thinks..oh and it aint on any Lp of theirs either..Good seventies @ its best..Fantastic group too collect. Gray

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

:ohmy::lol::yes: you are a very lucky boy then........but what price now :thumbup:

A tenner tops :yes::lol::lol:

Can't imagine that this is all that rare at all, really. Probably just something that most ebay sellers would think of as too 'common' to list.

But like any record, the minute you start looking for one, copies that ARE out there seem to vanish into the ether...

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Not at all rare a record to be found in soul boxes at record fairs for £2-3.

Northern scene hysteria strikes again?

Derek

Bought a copy years ago cheap as chips!! Played it out and traded it to JM...... 2 YEARS AGO!

Ok record but not rare by any means

Social source share

AGREE WITH ALL ABOVE POSTS, EXELLENT TRACK PROBABLY ONE OF THEIR MORE OBSCURE 45'S THAN RARE. JM LISTED ONE @50 QUID SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, DEMO @ 75 QUID. TRUE IT IS ON A GERMAN COPY AS WELL, I HAVE A GERMAN ATLANTIC WHITE PROMO COPY WITH PIC SLEEVE.

BEST, BRI.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Surely the rarest Spinners 45 is "That's What Girls Are Made For" on UK Columbia.

A proper collectors item.

Sean

...I couldn't agree more, mate. That probably sold about 8 copies in the UK ,when it came out in 1961.

I don't think people could or should call any 1970s UK single by a high-profile soul act 'rare' - I personally doubt that it's any more 'rare' than any of the other Spinners Atlantics that didn't hit the UK Top 40, such as 'I'm Coming Home' or 'Mighty Love'....

Social source share

...I couldn't agree more, mate. That probably sold about 8 copies in the UK ,when it came out in 1961.

I don't think people could or should call any 1970s UK single by a high-profile soul act 'rare' - I personally doubt that it's any more 'rare' than any of the other Spinners Atlantics that didn't hit the UK Top 40, such as 'I'm Coming Home' or 'Mighty Love'....

Interesting that you mention "I'm Coming Home" Tony.

Well recall Frank Elson plugging that particular 45 as a 'Future Northern Monster'.

Maybe next year eh?

:wub:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

nice one, thanks Richard :P not many of them 2 or 3 pound one's around then :wave:

...Not around Pat's site, obviously laugh.gif

'Fraid this sounds like a potential "Brothers"/"Brown Sugar"/"Party Time Man" to me i.e a ten quid tune that will be briefly hoisted into the realms of rarity by a bit of 'panic buying'...

Social source share

...Not around Pat's site, obviously :wave:

'Fraid this sounds like a potential "Brothers"/"Brown Sugar"/"Party Time Man" to me i.e a ten quid tune that will be briefly hoisted into the realms of rarity by a bit of 'panic buying'...

shhh.gif Shhhhh, I ve still got the boxes under the stairs to look thru...some of us have children to feed and cd s to buy!

I may have one to hoist. :P

Social source share

"I´ve Got To Make It On My Own" is the closing track (#8) on the Spinners´ 3rd Atlantic album New And Improved.

This is of course an original album, not an improved version of older material.

The album was released in December of 1974, thus many people wrongly believe that is was out in 1975,

you can spot this error on some well-respected soul sites on the Internet.

As far as I know "Living A Little, Laughing A Little" was the first single pulled from the album,

although radio may have featured the Dionne Warwick duet "Then Came You" prior to that.

In 1995 the album was released in CD format by Rhino, in their Atlantic/Atco remasters series.

I know that CD is not a preferred format for people who love to collect 45s :P

but the CD does contain a leaflet of some 6 pages of info on the group and the recording of the album,

and that may be of interest to some.

Melismo

Social source share

i thought uk tmg-514 "sweet thing",credited as the spinners was worth a couple of hundred pounds as a stock copy im sure these copys were withdrawn due to the irish folk group the spinners not liking motown nicking there name,plus "sweet thing" is a proper detroit spinners record !!! imo...soulie55... :Pwhistling.gif:wave:

Social source share

UK only mellow.gif -----------dog rare :D -----------you wont find one easily :D ......if at all no.gif ..........still need a price? ohmy.gif

come on where are all the UK collectors huh.gif .........or is it to rare for them :lol:

Hello,

It's nice but it isn't really one of The Spinners' better tracks from that period. On the other hand, the 'A' side "Living Just A Little..." is one of my favourites.

Although it wasn't a big chart hit it got heavy radio play as a new release - as did all Spinners things from that time - and to say it's rare is just a bit over the top.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

Does it play a Spinners track?

Nice link, I almost bought a bikini trimmer :D

is that the limited edition ............very rare i here or did it chart as a best seller laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

No i don't think this is rare at all around £10 - £20 but i always thought What More Could a Boy Ask For is much rarer for the Spinners. It's one of my fav tracks by them and found only on an LP unless others have a single of it.

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

No i don't think this is rare at all around £10 - £20 but i always thought What More Could a Boy Ask For is much rarer for the Spinners. It's one of my fav tracks by them and found only on an LP unless others have a single of it.

have you seen one for sale around 10 ,,20 anywhere?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert