• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It is Kiki Dee actually.

It's the b-side on her rare Fontana Germany 45 with german language versions of two of her tunes.

post-1392-1184787822_thumb.jpg post-1392-1184787831_thumb.jpg

Yorkshire bird then,cool :lol:

Social source share

Guest veep1296

The English version also came out on UK Fontana too!

"WHY DONT I RUN AWAY FROM YOU" IT WAS TITLED ON UK FONTANA...OK TOO

Social source share

"WHY DONT I RUN AWAY FROM YOU" IT WAS TITLED ON UK FONTANA...OK TOO

Which is what Tammi actually sings on her recording....thanks to Tony Rounce for that little snippet in an earlier thread re' Miss Lynn.......wonder how it came to be mistitled?

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

I'm sure Pete Smith will jog my memory as it will take me ages to dig the record out of my storage lock up, but I have a beautiful Aussie Astor 45 release of a version of I'm Gonna Run Away done by an English girl, quite reasonable too, think it would have been on Pye in the UK. What's her name then, Pete ?

Social source share

I'm sure Pete Smith will jog my memory as it will take me ages to dig the record out of my storage lock up, but I have a beautiful Aussie Astor 45 release of a version of I'm Gonna Run Away done by an English girl, quite reasonable too, think it would have been on Pye in the UK. What's her name then, Pete ?

Antoinette Daly on Piccadilly Maybe? That's the version that's on a comp from about ten years ago called The Picadilly Story or something like that. Loads of soul covers on it. Most of them a bit dodgy but a few decent ones if I remember correctly.

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Antoinette Daly on Piccadilly Maybe? That's the version that's on a comp from about ten years ago called The Picadilly Story or something like that. Loads of soul covers on it. Most of them a bit dodgy but a few decent ones if I remember correctly.

Godz

Yep, that's the one Godz, cheers .

Social source share

For those who might be interested but have mised it,

I've put Kiki Dee's german version of "I'm Gonna Run Away From You" on eBay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230154262553

Thanks for looking! :D

Do you ever sell anything without it going on auction,i cant do Ebay so not happy....bout time you offered some stuff up for fellow sourcers in sales,how much did ya`get for "footsie"?please Sebastian.

Social source share

Do you ever sell anything without it going on auction,i cant do Ebay so not happy....bout time you offered some stuff up for fellow sourcers in sales,how much did ya`get for "footsie"?please Sebastian.

I very rarely sell anything set sale. I used to do set sale lists but people seldom bought anything even though my prices were sensible, so I decided that it was a waste of time and started using eBay instead. It works great for me and I sell a lot more than I did when I used to do set sale lists. Why can't you use eBay? I haven't sold the "Footsee" acetate yet, but it'll go on eBay within a week or so.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I very rarely sell anything set sale. I used to do set sale lists but people seldom bought anything even though my prices were sensible, so I decided that it was a waste of time and started using eBay instead. It works great for me and I sell a lot more than I did when I used to do set sale lists. Why can't you use eBay? I haven't sold the "Footsee" acetate yet, but it'll go on eBay within a week or so.

You need a bank account dont you!!,you should just sell me footsie for £30 it isnt worth that but probberly get more on Ebay :D ,its not fair :thumbup: or swap me for that thing you sold for £56 on a issue,or something else i might have posted.

Bestest Ken

Social source share

You need a bank account dont you!!,you should just sell me footsie for £30 it isnt worth that but probberly get more on Ebay :thumbup: ,its not fair :D or swap me for that thing you sold for £56 on a issue,or something else i might have posted.

Bestest Ken

Well, I guess you need a bank account and some sort of credit card. I thought most people had a bank account these days? :D I don't know if I'll get more than £30 for that acetate, but I might and I might not, and it's a hard piece to put a price on seeing what an oddball item it is. Can't you ask some friend to bid for you when there is some eBay item you're interested in?

Social source share

Well, I guess you need a bank account and some sort of credit card. I thought most people had a bank account these days? :D I don't know if I'll get more than £30 for that acetate, but I might and I might not, and it's a hard piece to put a price on seeing what an oddball item it is. Can't you ask some friend to bid for you when there is some eBay item you're interested in?

I`m not most people Christian,i`ll see what i can do if you let me know when it goes up!! :thumbup:

Social source share

I`m not most people Christian,i`ll see what i can do if you let me know when it goes up!! :thumbup:

I didn't want to offend you with the "most people" comment.

I'll PM you know when I put the acetate on eBay. :D

My name is Sebastian by the way.

Christian is another guy from Sweden who's also active on this forum.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I didn't want to offend you with the "most people" comment.

I'll PM you know when I put the acetate on eBay. :D

My name is Sebastian by the way.

Christian is another guy from Sweden who's also active on this forum.

Oops,daft ole me..........sorry!!

Edited by ken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert