Billy Sha Rae

Obviously had some connection to Jack Ashford when you see some of the stuff he did ,

covers of I'm gone, Crying Clown --Do It, the almost instrumental of September Jones.

So just wondering if anyone has any info??

Was he Jacks Demo Singer??

Eddie Parker avoiding the Tax Man ph34r.gif

or What?

Thanks

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There doesn't seem to be much info about him out there.

A thing which has intrigued me for a while is that at the end of the following clip of the MC5 playing "The American Ruse" on a TV show called The Lively Spot":

The presenter says something along the lines of:

"stay tuned for more performances by Little Milton, Billy Sha-Rae, Little Milton amongst others"

So... who's got this entire show? There might very well exist TV footage of Billy and I'd really like to see it. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Obviously had some connection to Jack Ashford when you see some of the stuff he did ,

covers of I'm gone, Crying Clown --Do It, the almost instrumental of September Jones.

So just wondering if anyone has any info??

Was he Jacks Demo Singer??

Eddie Parker avoiding the Tax Man :unsure:

or What?

Thanks

Tony

I remember in an interview with Richard Searling , Jack Ashford said that Billy had a good voice , but lacked the stage presence of Eddie Parker .Hope this helps ,Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Oiy!

Buy the mag you tight git! :)

Or should we just publish one copy and everyone copy it? Sheeesh!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

I get your point, but honestly, it's a photo (I hope you own the right to print/publish it by the way...? :yes: ) not part of the text which you've written.

Posting a scan of the photo from your mag doesn't make me NOT want to buy your magazine.

Social source share

Oiy!

Buy the mag you tight git! :yes:

Or should we just publish one copy and everyone copy it? Sheeesh!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

everybody on this site should buy this mag i literally could not put it down best one so far dave brill ,hope to get the friday night in whilst on holiday in ormond beach go home on the sat unfotunately any thing else on in the fortnight leading up to the weekender

kev

Social source share

everybody on this site should buy this mag i literally could not put it down best one so far dave brill ,hope to get the friday night in whilst on holiday in ormond beach go home on the sat unfotunately any thing else on in the fortnight leading up to the weekender

kev

Hi Kev,

Unfortunately not Mate. There's no soul rare event in Florida at all at the moment except the Weekender. Friday should be a good night. See ya there.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Billy Sha Rae's version of IM GONE is superb. Much better than Eddie Parker's version IMO.

x IMO Eddie Parker still is the best track ever made. Its maybe a safe and boring opinion but still sound so powerful. If you tired of it just rest it for a while and put it on again and its magic again. without it could have liked Billys version (that fuzzy organ destroys a bit though me thinks) now its hard. No shadow should fall over Billy its not bad being beaten by the best.

Prefer the Hesitations - thats what love is before Sha-rae. Any other versions with same backing ??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert