Bridlington "something New To Do 2 "

With regard to God's county Yorkshire , I thought you might like to see thiese photographs , Rob ........

Taken in January in an extremely hot and sunny Santa Monica , whilst out there with my mate , who was on a buying trip for antique guitars ( that is him in the first photograph ) , when I came across this street sign ........

96 degree heat , much like the temperature we can expect in Brid in June .........

Malc Burton

I know its Yorkshire, there is a Mc Donalds there......

Sorry Dukesy, not been anywhere near the post office yet, got a Ton of stuff to post out tomorrow, will point Ticket Buyers in your direction mate

Rob & Karen

• Replies 369
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest toby

Hi all, as stated in an earlier post from Rob Wigley,i have 2no spare tickets for the weekender,my friend has done his sums and is still in debt,hes gutted about not being able to go ,but thats life so they say..

So i have his 2 no tickets for the weekender for sale ,if you need them he'll gladly sell them to you .

I have spoken to Rob today so he is aware these 2 tickets are available.

See ya all in Bridlington.

Toby.

we are also having a chinstrokers room :shades:

Mick & Mo going to be up Friday evening during a marathon weekend for them in which they plan to drive "in reverse" to as many venue's as posible.

This is in an attempt to beat Rob Marriots record set in 1988 in which he also drove down a record number of dual carrigways and one way streets the "wrong way". :thumbsup:

Rob & Karen

So the "Doubter's and "rumourmongers" will be scurrying back into the POND from where they crawled when they see these photo's. The Spa "Not finished" ? we don't think so ! That dance floor is reputed to be the biggest in Europe, so "Ain't no stopping us now, were on the move !" Some tickets still available at the Box office 01262 678 258

We will also be ringing around the DJs again to pin down "Odd tickets" and match people up with them. If you've reserved tickets and not picked them up from sellers please do so ASAP.

SEE YA THERE IN JUST 4 WEEKS TIME- NOW IN 3 ROOMs

Main Ballroom (above) TOTALLY NORTHERN SOUL

T'Other Room (Left of stage) Modern Classics / Crossover / etc

T'Other, T'Other Room (Right of Stage) Rare/ Lesser Played/ Anything

( we are currently thing up some "Clever" names for these T'Other Rooms!, but then again it's Yorkshire. So just come along and have a Brilliant weekend and above all ENJOY YOURSELVES !)

ECSCSC

Real nice article in this mornings Yorkshire post on Brid Spa....... Looks absolutely fantastic! Oh the memories of The Jam blasting out those first few chords of Girl On The Phone (and then trying to walk back home to Hull sad.gif ...)........ Still gives me goose pimples after all these years....... biggrin.gif

Steve

Ta for pointing that out Steve

here is the link https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/nostalgia/S...-its.4138617.jp

Rob & Karen

Hi Rob,

I know its late in the day, but I've a couple of mates (Ok, they're not real mates - just people I know :-)... who quite fancy it.

Have you any tickets left... or have they blown it?

:unsure:

Sean

Let me know what you need as I have 2 here again as Bazza's been sorted by Pete Taylor,

I may have another 3 coming that have been reserved off one of the other DJs and not picked up.

Dukesy had 4 last week, did they sell Dukesy ?

The Spa opened last night, still waiting for reports on the Telly.

More to follow in the week, we'll be updating more or less everyday til the event now--Just 4 weeks away and counting down !

Rob & karen

PS RECORD DEALERS, STILL ROOM LEFT IF YOU WANT TO SELL, TABLES ARE £40 plus 2 entry tickets. YOU NEED TO BOOK AS WE ARE HIRING TRESSLE TABLES IN FROM THE COUNCIL

We Can also sqeeze ads into the weekender programme /events /sales / record lists etc.

pm me for details. please be quick printing deadline to meet !

All the best with Brid weekender, will try and make it next year, too much on this month for this old dog :unsure: .. I am sure this is gonna be the start of something special, its got the right feel..

Soul weekenders in Yorkshire :unsure::wicked:

Thanks Steve,

book the date for next year 26th,27th, 28th june 2009 plus watch out for the 25th June its my 50th next year so we may take the Spa an extra night to celebrate Watch this space

Rob

who a thar pillockin rob thas postponed thi 50th fer last 5yrs ter my knowledge,n thi mate joe sez he remembers thi last 50th do a few year ago ,tha must ev had an hard life mucker .chronicles ivery day :P:D lookin forward ter brid. si thi thear thy owes us a pint , barney

Edited by barney

Really looking forward to this one! any photos of the modern room!. is it formal dress?

hope you arent trusting me with expensive sound gear.

all the best

Tats

somewhere in Alabama

pair of garard sp25s just for you and a vox amp with a pair of Marshall 2 x 12s

with a unidyne b mic and two tri centres 2 keep swopping between records,

and the volume set from a carlsboro mixer, designed by Bernie kawolski and he left carlsboro

when they were on Duke st, before it was pulled down 25 years ago/

should be good

all the best

Tats

somewhere in Alabama

Lay it on me Tats...

...I'm back home and still well jet lagged.... Posting on forums at 3:00am (and I've a 9:00am client meeting which should be fun as I'm on my 5th double JD on the rocks!)

Wonder if I'll be able to hide it tomorrow?

:)

No expensive gear for you mate... I've seen how you perform on the cheap stuff!

:D

Sean

Guest krawen

Let me know what you need as I have 2 here again as Bazza's been sorted by Pete Taylor,

I may have another 3 coming that have been reserved off one of the other DJs and not picked up.

Dukesy had 4 last week, did they sell Dukesy ?

The Spa opened last night, still waiting for reports on the Telly.

More to follow in the week, we'll be updating more or less everyday til the event now--Just 4 weeks away and counting down !

Rob & karen

PS RECORD DEALERS, STILL ROOM LEFT IF YOU WANT TO SELL, TABLES ARE £40 plus 2 entry tickets. YOU NEED TO BOOK AS WE ARE HIRING TRESSLE TABLES IN FROM THE COUNCIL

We Can also sqeeze ads into the weekender programme /events /sales / record lists etc.

pm me for details. please be quick printing deadline to meet !

Glad to see Bazza's coming :D you'll enjoy it mate.

All the best

Steve B

Really looking forward to this one! any photos of the modern room!. is it formal dress?

all the best

Tats

somewhere in Alabama

Does that say Albania ? just get me glasses, we always got "The 3rd Room" mate if you break the other 2 :)

I

24 days and counting :thumbsup:

Hope you kept a good hold on that ticket Neil, it was the first EVER to be sold for ANY EVENT at The Spa, we'll let you keep it. here's the picture from last year which appeared in the Bridlington press

1st-ticket_small.jpg

I know the Champerrs didn't last Long in your hands :lol::D

See you there

Rob & karen

Just checked out the southcliff on t'internet, looks like a good choice, especially if the weather is nice with the tables & chairs outside thumbsup.gif

I shall be there for an cider or 6 thumbup.gif

The spa looks the dogs whatsits too

Kx

Just checked out the southcliff on t'internet, looks like a good choice, especially if the weather is nice with the tables & chairs outside thumbsup.gif

I shall be there for an cider or 6 thumbup.gif

The spa looks the dogs whatsits too

Kx

Ok Kirsty Southcliffe it is now twist dave night nurses arm

Rob

Guest krawen

steve has pete got any tickets left ??

Rob & karen

Morning Rob & Karen,

spoke to Pete yesterday and he said he still had a couple of tickets left .

If you need them get in touch with him as i'm sure they will go at the next Annesley.

All the best

Steve B

Morning Rob & Karen,

spoke to Pete yesterday and he said he still had a couple of tickets left .

If you need them get in touch with him as i'm sure they will go at the next Annesley.

All the best

Steve B

Good one Steve,

Pat Brady has looked through his and found half a dozen in the back of one of his sales boxes which had been mislaid.

Contact us if you are looking for tickets and we'll try and match you up with them.

All ours are Sold Out once again.

Rob & karen

Rob

I'd probably end up breaking it :P

But yes it would be lovely if Mr & Mrs night nurse could join me for a warm up drink. I really enjoyed last year & all the lovely people I met in the pub beforehand for the first time, it made my weekend so much more enjoyable :)

Kx

Guest krawen

I'd probably end up breaking it :thumbup:

But yes it would be lovely if Mr & Mrs night nurse could join me for a warm up drink. I really enjoyed last year & all the lovely people I met in the pub beforehand for the first time, it made my weekend so much more enjoyable :P

Kx

Hi Kirsty,

Me and Karen will no doubt be joining you for a drink again on Friday afternoon , hope you're not frightened of dogs ,as we're bring one of ours up with us for the weekend this time and he likes the odd glass of lager or two :)

Steve B

Hi Kirsty,

Me and Karen will no doubt be joining you for a drink again on Friday afternoon , hope you're not frightened of dogs ,as we're bring one of ours up with us for the weekend this time and he likes the odd glass of lager or two :)

Steve B

Great that you are both coming for a drink. I'm actually petrified of dogs, but it will probably be comical to see me running round the pub screaming me head off :P

Kx

Guest hurryup

Rob

I seem to remember a certain person saying they'd buy me and Kirsty a drink last year :thumbup: , don't know about Kirsty but I didn't get one sad.gif .

Oh well, we live in hope :ohmy:

I'd probably end up breaking it :ohmy:

But yes it would be lovely if Mr & Mrs night nurse could join me for a warm up drink. I really enjoyed last year & all the lovely people I met in the pub beforehand for the first time, it made my weekend so much more enjoyable :thumbup:

Kx

once seen never forgotton thats us kirsty see you soon mr and mrs night nurse

I seem to remember a certain person saying they'd buy me and Kirsty a drink last year :thumbup: , don't know about Kirsty but I didn't get one sad.gif .

Oh well, we live in hope :lol:

Oooh I'd forgotten all about that. I didnt get either, I got lots of "Ooh I must get you that drink soon" tongue.gif

I think this year, we should just hand him our empty pint glass & stand there waiting, we could be in for a long wait though :ohmy:

Kx

My mate has just phoned to say that she wants a ticket for Brid. She tried the numbers she had & didnt get an answer. She wanted to know if I could get her one. Will anyone have any at Cleethorpes, as she'll be there? If not can you reserve me one & let me know how she goes about paying for it.

Thanks

Kx

My mate has just phoned to say that she wants a ticket for Brid. She tried the numbers she had & didnt get an answer. She wanted to know if I could get her one. Will anyone have any at Cleethorpes, as she'll be there? If not can you reserve me one & let me know how she goes about paying for it.

Thanks

Kx

kirsty

Pat Brady will be there at cleggy , he as the last few available, or she can still buy one via our web page and collect on the door

rob

kirsty

Pat Brady will be there at cleggy , he as the last few available, or she can still buy one via our web page and collect on the door

rob

good old Pat,

Right i am just putting the finishing touches to our weekender programme, it has a real Yorkshire Soul theme to it, I still have space for adverts (at good rates) for anyone who is interested in selling owt or advertising their venue, drop me a PM with your phone number.

We can also do "banner ads" for web site links etc at a very reasonable price (£40).

Got to be quick as its nearly full already.

Rob

Guest hurryup

Oooh I'd forgotten all about that. I didnt get either, I got lots of "Ooh I must get you that drink soon" :lol:

I think this year, we should just hand him our empty pint glass & stand there waiting, we could be in for a long wait though :huh:

Kx

:)I'm glad you said PINT glass, it might be worth a try Kirsty!

Suggestion to the organisers - what about some party games for Saturday afternoon session, teams from different areas, of course South Yorkshire would win but it would be a laugh :lol:

kirsty

rob

Great thanks, I'll get her to see Pat. She hasnt got the internet at the moment.

Kx

:DI'm glad you said PINT glass, it might be worth a try Kirsty!

Suggestion to the organisers - what about some party games for Saturday afternoon session, teams from different areas, of course South Yorkshire would win but it would be a laugh :rolleyes:

Ok suggestions on a postcard tongue.gif

The weekend is one long party anyway... :lol:

Rob

Anyone out there got scans of ads for "The Mojo / king mojo club" in Sheffield

i remember seeing a picture of the outside once but can't find owt anywhere !

remember still collating our weekender programme any last ads to go in please PM us!

Rob & karen

Pat (Brady) is at Cleethorpes with some of the remaing tickets for this event see him there !

Source Advert