Listening Man

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ferrett

The bees " Listening man" heard this on radio 2 three time this week and its driving me nuts as it sounds so familiar..

1by1.gifAnd listen to it

We like it a lot

Rob & Karen

Ps not sure how to get the link to work someone help please !

Agree with you about this tune! :shades: Definately a 'less is more' type of track - can't think who it reminds me of though.... sorry! The album is good & quite diverse - certainly gets you tapping your toes though!!!

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

firstly just wanna a say brid weekender was tops... also i think the Bees rec sounds like a Sam & Dave track! Regards Jock.

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

My first impression of it was that it sounded an awful lot like someone such as The Cables on Studio 1 or Coxsone? I keep meaning to dig through the albums I have on those labels to try and nail it down as its been annoying me too......

Social source share

Hi All-first post so bear with me here!

The Bees came in my shop a few years ago as they were playing a gig locally. Of course at that time I had not heard of them. However they were a bunch of young guys who obviously had a love of 60s and 70s music. We chatted for a while and I remember them buying some funk and northern items and being impressed by their interest in shall we say the more interesting musical genres rather than the obvious.

Of course since then I have looked out for their progress and it's been good to see them getting some success. One of their last singles, "chicken strut" or something similar got a lot of play on radio 2 and was a convincing Meters type funky workout.

Anyway, changing the subject... whilst listening to Stuart Maconie's Saturday show he raved about a new track from the Coral I think. Anyone else hear this and was I mistaken but did it bear more than a passing resemblance to the brilliant Tony Gallo-In love, I might be wrong as I had a rare customer in at the time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert