What You Listening To Right Now

• Replies 73
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rachel

The woman at work who thinks everyone in the office always wants to hear her conversation

:thumbup: We've just had our resident one of them in as well! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Is she singing? :thumbup:

On a normal day I'd say she had a quaint Welsh lilt that is almost operatic. But I've just had 2 days in London unable to do what I went there for because nobody knew the password I needed, so...

NO! She sounds like a wailing banshee and I'd like to stick her on a ruddeless ship and cast her adrift just off of Bermuda!!

I mean do we all want to know how much rhubarb she had in her garden last year??

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Back on topis -ish

On a day like today I will go home and rather than switch on Countdown and lust after the delightful Susie Dent, I will whack on a CD and wear out the soles of my socks.

Something like the Toys- I've got my heart set on you, should do.

Kill me or cure me.

Social source share

Work wise - I have just listened to my Warehouse Supervisor handing in here notice. Less than an hour into the day and it has gone totally tits-up!!

Off to Radio 2 to listen to the re-run of Stuey Cosgroves Floorfillers - or whatever it is called. Then All Singing and probably them Mary Fox, aint the t'internet grand?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

So what your saying is you have a secret crush on her but your in denial?????

wub.gif

Ed

:thumbup::thumbup:

No, but Mikey does have a new love interest and she is a work colleague.

Not the foghorn tho.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Work wise - I have just listened to my Warehouse Supervisor handing in here notice. Less than an hour into the day and it has gone totally tits-up!!

Off to Radio 2 to listen to the re-run of Stuey Cosgroves Floorfillers - or whatever it is called. Then All Singing and probably them Mary Fox, aint the t'internet grand?

Listening to Stuart Cosgrove right now, thanks for the tip !

Just heard Marvin Smith 'Who will do your running now' - awesome. Always had great taste Stuart or as we used to call him The man who fell to Perth

Social source share

Firing out of the tape machine

Eskew Reeder - Undivided Love

Larry Trider - Carbon Copy

Doris Smith - No Good Guy

Buddy Lamp - I Wanna Go Home

Lost Soul - A Secret Of Mine

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden

Ron & Embracers - You Came Into My Heart

:thumbup::thumbup:thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

The office radio station of choice - poxy Virgin FM. Same playlist every day. On the upside though, I have noticed how much sweeter the Soul stuff sounds when I get home after listening to pop rubbish all day

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

the inverts - look out love

sandy wynns - love belongs to everyone

popped through the door yesterday and had to play them again today :thumbup:

been told to stop playing now cos i got to eat me tea and go back up to Ikea :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

R Dean Taylor - Ghost in my house - real player/random play mode.

What tune you got on

Ed

Venetta Fields / As long as we're together.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Back in the real world, chucked in a CD Lenny Dopson sent down via Mark for the last Wellingboro.

On random selection and a great choice by the technical thingy

Holly Maxwell - Only When You're Lonely

Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

A box of 60s Jamaican 45s I picked up today :unsure:

As I type, it's Lee Perry - People Funny Boy :lol::lol:

There's some white label stuff I can't identify yet, but it's all good so far!

Steve

Social source share

the inverts - look out love

sandy wynns - love belongs to everyone

popped through the door yesterday and had to play them again today :unsure:

been told to stop playing now cos i got to eat me tea and go back up to Ikea :lol:

Hi Bearsy,tried the other side of the Inverts? ATB Steve

Social source share

A box of 60s Jamaican 45s I picked up today :lol:

As I type, it's Lee Perry - People Funny Boy :lol::D

Steve

Me a bit of 7ts reggie,Sir Collins Music Wheel;chapter 1.........long haired lover from Liverpool,god its shit!!,but the rest is quiet nice............and gonna`follow it with........Jury Gagarin in space,CCCP 12-IV-1961 :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Dante

A box of 60s Jamaican 45s I picked up today :lol:

As I type, it's Lee Perry - People Funny Boy :lol::D

Steve

Nice!!

Supose they are blank Jamaican pressing, they were very comon, I think they're they kind of demos :unsure:

good luck IDing them :thumbup:

Cheers

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

HAVE YOU GOT ROOTS KNOTTY ROOTS THAT BOOK WILL HELP IDENTIFY WHITE LABEL JAMAICAN MUSIC :unsure:

Sadly I haven't - I might try and post a couple of MP3s if anyone fancys a listen

Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

YEAH I FANCY A LISTEN

ANY YOU CARNT IDENTIFY SEND ME THE MATRIX AND I,LL TRY TO PUT A NAME TO THEM :unsure:

cheers, here's one - deadwax reads 'star 1000'

Dub_1.mp3

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Hi Bearsy,tried the other side of the Inverts? ATB Steve

Yes i did Steve, lonely lover, amazing vocals and very powerful ballad :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I Had it All - Barrino Brothers

Ah the Barrino Brothers, just listening to 'Trapped in a Love', followed by the even better IMO 'I Shall Not Be Moved' dunno if anyone is playing this out at the minute but it's a stonker. :thumbsup:

Social source share

oscar wright - fell in love- hemisphere, amazing tune

kool blues-can we try love again- capsoul,quality crossover

billy nichols-shake a leg-sue,funky soul

swan silvertones-if u believe yr god is dead-hob is gospel,seriously great funky soul

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Ah the Barrino Brothers, just listening to 'Trapped in a Love', followed by the even better IMO 'I Shall Not Be Moved' dunno if anyone is playing this out at the minute but it's a stonker. :thumbsup:

I played it at my mate Andy Hoople Birthday party last week in Brighton, Duggie was enjoying it and you dont get much more 'out' than that.

Social source share

No kids and no neighbours, so I'm finally able to properly play the last few bits of vinyl that have dropped on the mat in the last few days....

Dewey Jeffries, Teeah-Louise really LOUD and right now Dee Dee Warwick, Foolish Fool LP, but have turned the volume down a bit.

Am hoping the postie comes in a bit as I'm waiting on a few more things :thumbsup:

Social source share

Am hoping the postie comes in a bit as I'm waiting on a few more things :thumbsup:

Sadly not cos the buggers are on strike again :thumbup:

And currently listening to Joy Division Live in Preston Feb 1980. What an amazing f**king racket! :thumbup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Cant reply directly to your post Mak. I suppose I kind of support Barnsley, I used to have a season ticket with them, but I dont talk about them from the moment I get to work to the moment I leave, unlike the guys I work with. Cant have a conversation with them about anything else, as football is their life!

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

cheers, here's one - deadwax reads 'star 1000'

Dub_1.mp3

Willie Hutch Just Another Day

Lamont Dozier Joy

Eddie Kendricks Date Wiith The Rain

Wilson Williams I Like Being In Love With You

Ernie Johnson Big Man Cry

Social source share

aint got much work on at minite, been passing the day getting boxes of albums down from the loft and playing through them. 90% never played,just bought and stored.

gosh i've bought some rubbish over the years !.

dont think i'm much of a soul music fan really.

Social source share

just moved all my stereo stuff and vinyl to my new record room,refurbished now one of the kids has emigrated to the cotswolds!! first test items were a big beat cd from merv parnell a soul up north tape and the first 45s to be heard on the street outside, my wive tells me ,60 feet away,was\ OBERIA MARTINEZ ON KIETH FOLLOWED BY THE MATADORS THEN MARYLIN POWELL ON MUSICOR!!!! im gonna have some laughing gas tonight,lock the door and have a pre middleton singles party as i cant make lowton!!!!! might not make middleton if i aint careful!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert