A Couple Of Wants

Bitchdj

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

its all very well laffin about it i can only go by the book price if i dont have a value for it :unsure: ....JM says £30 TB says £200....why not enlighten me as to your chosen value inbetween those two vastly different prices.... cos you can bet yer boots the highest price comes from a person with one for sale....

go ahead on scratch those chins........

cookie :(

Social source share

its funny how people use price guides as and when it suits them...Tim Browns guide is an absolute joke...anyone with any know how would realise the £200 price tag belongs to the rare mis-printed el corols track "aint no brag " "chick chick" is a quite common record and in deed i shall sell my spare copy to bitchdj for a more realistic price of £30...and shake my head at those that will utilise a price guide to suit themselves and rip off a fellow soul sourcer......theres lot of people out there sitting on their little pots of gold always wanting top dollar you will still be sat on those records in 10 years time when the scene finally caves in...obviously we are getting older but not a lot wiser...the scene is full of crusty old 50+ somethings like me......

check your PM's bitchdj.......

ps- it would be interesting indeed to see how much some of the "experts" on here would charge for a really rare soul 45.....

Edited by greenlight
Social source share

its funny how people use price guides as and when it suits them...Tim Browns guide is an absolute joke...anyone with any know how would realise the £200 price tag belongs to the rare mis-printed el corols track "aint no brag " "chick chick" is a quite common record and in deed i shall sell my spare copy to bitchdj for a more realistic price of £30...and shake my head at those that will utilise a price guide to suit themselves and rip off a fellow soul sourcer......theres lot of people out there sitting on their little pots of gold always wanting top dollar you will still be sat on those records in 10 years time when the scene finally caves in...obviously we are getting older but not a lot wiser...the scene is full of crusty old 50+ somethings like me......

check your PM's bitchdj.......

ps- it would be interesting indeed to see how much some of the "experts" on here would charge for a really rare soul 45.....

thats the most sensible thing i've heard in ages..good for you.

Social source share

I do not think that "CC" is so much more common then the "ANB" entitled release. It may have been back in the day but today you just hardly see any of the two up for sale. IMHO there ain`t no big difference pricewise nowadays. In fact I just spoke to a big collector in the US (!) last week who asked me for that 45 and knowing the difference was still happy to pay THAT sum for the believed more common one out of the two. Another friend of mine in the US is also still looking for a copy, no matter which title :unsure:

Fact on the side the "rarer" one was once sold by JM at 250 UKP about three years ago or so.

Marc

Social source share

"chick chick" was on a dome anniversary tape. Good record.

I did spend some time looking for it a while back and never saw it. I always thought the 30UK in manship seemed low.

Not something i've looked for in ages so don't know whats a sensible price now but 30UK certainly seems good / cheap to me.

if the seller has another i'll have one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

"chick chick" was on a dome anniversary tape. Good record.

I did spend some time looking for it a while back and never saw it. I always thought the 30UK in manship seemed low.

Not something i've looked for in ages so don't know whats a sensible price now but 30UK certainly seems good / cheap to me.

if the seller has another i'll have one :thumbup:

Chick Chick was spun my me at the Capitol Soul Club.

bought cheap from soul bowl in the 80s.

Was under the impression that the aint no brag version was the rarer of the two

You will have to ask the oracle that is Dave Flynn he will know.

Al H :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Wasn't the other one on a different label Tina??

Hi Tony

as far as im aware they are on the same label with the same number rouser2954

so maybe it had a local release?

Al H

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Hi Tony

as far as im aware they are on the same label with the same number rouser2954

so maybe it had a local release?

Al H

Yep, both on same label, maybe I'm going mad but thought I had them both back to back on a Rouser record? Fortunately some US dealers value religiously from JM and so I got Chick Chick for very few dollars, think the other was cheap too. Well done JM :thumbup:

Social source share

Source Advert