Record-dealer Auction Site

Received the following email today:

Dear margaret joan livesey,

Your account on Record-Dealer has been suspended because you have exceeded the maximum debit limit allowed.

Your balance is: -

In order to reactivate your account, you will need to clear your account balance.

Please [ click here ] to access the payment page.

Please note that you will have to login first.

Best regards,

The Record-Dealer staff

D-DEALER AUCTION

Now.. I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A THING FROM THIS SITE...

Whats more.... i haven't even looked at the site since the time i registered... god knows how long ago that was!

They have included a link... that of course... i haven't clicked on.

Anybody got any knowledge please?

Thanks in advance.

Joan

The bit where it says 'Your balance is: -' ... i haven't edited out the amount... i have copied and pasted the email exactly how it was sent.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Your account on Record-Dealer has been suspended because you have exceeded the maximum debit limit allowed.

In order to reactivate your account, you will need to clear your account balance.

Best regards,

The Record-Dealer staff

D-DEALER AUCTION

Whats more.... i haven't even looked at the site since the time i registered... god knows how long ago that was!

Thanks in advance.

Joan

The bit where it says 'Your balance is: -' ... i haven't edited out the amount... i have copied and pasted the email exactly how it was sent.

I got the same email, not once but 5 times today. I have never bought anything from them either. I did not follow any links incase of the obvious but went to their site and emailed them through their contact page, but not had any reply.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Best regards,

The Record-Dealer staff

D-DEALER AUCTION

Thanks in advance.

Joan

Hi joan, i got one as well...dont click :ohmy:

Social source share

I got the same email, not once but 5 times today. I have never bought anything from them either. I did not follow any links incase of the obvious but went to their site and emailed them through their contact page, but not had any reply.

QoFxx

HI DON'T GO NEAR THIS AS IT IS A SCAM TRYING TO GET YOUR EMAIL AND DETAILS FROM YOU DELETE -DELETE-DELETE

FDSOUL6345789

Social source share

Ive had 4 e-mails today informing me that Record-dealer auction site has suspened my account on the grounds that i have exceeded my maximum debit balance :ohmy:

It then tells me to log in & clear my account balance & theres a link to the web site.

The strange thing is ive never purchased anything from this site & never registered my details with them

Has anyone else had the same e-mail or if the owner of the site is a member perhaps they could help clear the matter up, i`m not logging on to the site in case something dodgy is going on.

Anyone else?

Social source share

Ive just started a new thread on this without seeing yours Joan.

Yes ive had the same e-mail & have never purchased anything from them....... i did`t log on either as i thought it was dodgy.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

HI DON'T GO NEAR THIS AS IT IS A SCAM TRYING TO GET YOUR EMAIL AND DETAILS FROM YOU DELETE -DELETE-DELETE

FDSOUL6345789

It's not a scam it's a mistake, why don't you back and read the link to the thread with Martin's explanation? Martin Thompson is a good bloke and it's a cheek to come on here and say this is a scam without the full facts. :ohmy:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

It's not a scam it's a mistake, why don't you back and read the link to the thread with Martin's explanation? Martin Thompson is a good bloke and it's a cheek to come on here and say this is a scam without the full facts. :ohmy:

To be fair Matt with so many scams going on it's not surprising people have this reaction, I also know Martin, as do many people on here, and know he is a top bloke but with these things it is so easily possibly be someone masking as his site in order to get details. You have to be so careful these days.

I did not see Martin's earlier post on the topic so it is quite easy that other people didn't either.

QoFxx

Social source share

sorry sorry sorry, clearly it's not a scam but it is an unwelcome and unneccesary email/series of emails generated by a site error during an upgrade. As I said in the other thread, I do apologise, and please delete and ignore. Nobody's details are being used by anyone else and it's just a bit of an embarrasing cock up all round.

Martin

PS quick edit to say that you will only have received this email if you HAVE registered with the site at some point - I have NEVER registered anyone myself. If you want to make sure you never ever get anything from the site again, drop me a PM and I will delete all of your details. Would be a shame, as it is trying to offer an alternative market place for listing sales and auctions but its entirely up to you.

Edited by martint
Social source share

sorry sorry sorry, clearly it's not a scam but it is an unwelcome and unneccesary email/series of emails generated by a site error during an upgrade. As I said in the other thread, I do apologise, and please delete and ignore. Nobody's details are being used by anyone else and it's just a bit of an embarrasing cock up all round.

Martin

PS quick edit to say that you will only have received this email if you HAVE registered with the site at some point - I have NEVER registered anyone myself. If you want to make sure you never ever get anything from the site again, drop me a PM and I will delete all of your details. Would be a shame, as it is trying to offer an alternative market place for listing sales and auctions but its entirely up to you.

No harm done Martin, thanks for the explanation :ohmy:

QoFxx

Social source share

Theres another one that you ort not to open..... it says the ''You have an ECARD from a family member''

I opened this and it took 4hrs to close it..... emails ended up with a Trogan ... then had to buy a 'patch' to stop it happening again.....

I know its not on the same topic as someone maybe trying to access your details... but its a nasty one

Social source share

Martin

Actually, it's probably our fault. Martin & family spent the weekend with Arthur & myself in Yorks AND you know how the southern lot get dizzy north of Watford :ohmy:

You couldn't meet a more honest guy folks, but never click on any such link (from your bank, ebay etc) just in case the next such email comes from a dubious source.

m

ps. anniv card arrived today - thank you!

Edited by Maria O
Social source share

Hi again as I said I think that someone has hacked into Martin's site and is trying to gain peoples info. I did not say that Martin was trying to scam anyone but I would be wary of this if anyone else gets this mail. sorry Martin no offence intended but I still think that someone else is trying to scam people's information by trying to get them to give over their account details.

best regards fdsoul6345789

Social source share

a quick thank you to everyone for their support and understanding. I have been able to find out where the site went wrong (it was all caused by one wrong digit in a 4 megabyte software upgrade package.....!)

What I have decided to do is to completely delete the old site including ALL registered users because some people had clearly forgotten that they had registered and were understandably getting a bit aeriated because they thought they had been added without their consent.

So.... https://www.record-dealer.com toddles on with a completely fresh start, and is now (as far as I am aware!), working properly. It's now set up to offer free basic listings with no closing fees so if anyone wants to give it a go then please register and do so. If you want to see 'another' alternative site for selling records by auction or set sale without ebay fees then here it is.

I will be adding some of my own records over the next few weeks as I am intending to sell off a lot of them (I will also be doing some lists so PM me if you want to make sure you are on my mailing list which is completely seperate and nothing to do with the auction site). I will also have a bulk lister available in a couple of weeks to enable dealers to bulk add their records to the site (a turbo lister type thing) - so if any dealers would like to make use of it (for free) and have their stock in an electronic format then get in touch and I'll be able to help to get them listed.

thanks

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert