Tammi Terrell - All I Do

Guest Beeks

Not gonna argue the toss over this anymore, some folk on here would argue black is f**king white just for the sake of it. (Either that or they are genuinely thick) frusty2.gif

I'd guess the latter Trev laugh.gif

Looking sharp btw :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

I'd guess the latter Trev :yes:

Looking sharp btw shades.gif

laugh.gif didn't know I was on webcam!

(sits typing in velvet smoking jacket whilst sipping chilled Bolly and puffing on a Havana....) laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Bicks

For such an innocent looking post this seems to have got people all hot under the collar with a slightly new twist on the old OVO debate (over which I have been crucified on here before).

Seems simple really:

1. If it has only ever been released on cd then play the cd.

2. If you are not comfortable with cd technology i.e cueing them up etc, or the technology isn't available, get a carver done.

3. Whichever format you play it on don't take the moral high ground over the other as both formats are in their own way either right or wrong depending on your point of view.

Don't slag someone off for playing it on cd because it is only available on cd, and don't slag someone off for playing a carver because if you've only got vinyl decks it's the only way you can play it.

4. Whichever format you've got just play it because IT'S A BLOODY GREAT TUNE, although I do have a fondness for the Stevie Wonder version as it was a fave during my childhood.

P.S. That image of a carver of the song, if you are only having it made to play out then why go to the trouble of having a fake Tamla label done, why not write the title and artist on the label in biro or felt tip so there is no chance of it being mistaken for demo or bootleg by people who aren't in the know (like me).

Social source share

FFS!!

So if something doesn't exist on vinyl, has never existed on vinyl, it cannot be played at all, because it never existed on original vinyl? Tell that to the guy's who got the studio tape of Kae Williams, and had cuts made; or Adey who got unreleased tapes from RCA and had cuts done to play at the 100 club! The thing does not exist on vinyl!!! Ergo, ANY vinyl cut made from the Cd or tape is the original i.e. first, vinyl it has ever existed on! If anything appears on vinyl for the fist time ever, is it not original vinyl? Not gonna argue the toss over this anymore, some folk on here would argue black is f**king white just for the sake of it. (Either that or they are genuinely thick) frusty2.gif

Adey then put all those brilliant tracks on 2 blinding CDs - The Sharon Scott tracks are absolutely brilliant & I would not have a problem with any DJ playing these tracks off a CD at a venue. In fact I think it is a crying shame that the said tracks are overlooked because the CD is, in some quarters, regarded as "the devils work" & should be avoided at all costs. I understand that a lot of gigs do not have CD decks but let's be honest they are not exactly the most expensive pieces of equipment are they ?

Social source share

TEDDY RILEY per chance shhh.gif

Yep, Blackstreet/Teddy Riley....I got there , almost 2 years later!

it's not a bad version to be fair if you like that kind of thing.

Obviously,Tammi's is the best-I do prefer it to the BH version. Although on the same CD there is a Brenda Holloway track - My world is crumbling and that is better..... tongue.gif:yes:

Social source share

Found this on a hip hop cd i bought this morning in a charity shop didn't realise she'd done it!

Was it issued?

Derek

Hi Derek,

When I used to drop Hip-Hop/house references at Allanton in the late 80s I was soundly thrashed by all and sundry. I remember doing a tape with EPMD, Jungle Brothers and some other smooth cuts for Stevie about '88 and getting some positive feedback, but that was pretty much it. Ironically, thereafter the genre became s*** and remains so pretty much to this day. Hope you're well fella, haven't seen you for years (Colin's DJing at my new club in Watford next week, where are you these days?). Is OVO a bit like Bovril, or am I getting mixed up with another hot, warming drink served in cups in the 1950s because there was nothing else to drink?

Martin Gavin

post-2084-1237508866_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert