• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup:

Nice picture.

I remember it well.

It is you Steve isn't it?

Joking apart... did you ever break or play any cheapies... back in the day?

Always seem to remember you for Shadows, William Powell, Quit While I'm Ahead etc.

All decent money things at the time.

RSVP

Sean

Only the ones you sold me spares of Sean :yes: .

Played things that Sam and Arthur were playing that RS didn't have, Jan Jones, Willie Darrington, Timeless Legend ,24 Karat Gold etc and 12's like Marc Sadane, Webster Lewis, etc.

Mind you, I hepled you make Brothers Guiding Light a huge reactivation as I'm sure you remember. :thumbsup:

You wouldnt tell me your cover ups though :angry:

Social source share

Just a thought,

is it not more a case of re evaluating stuff that seems to have found it's day??

For example- Al Downing -I'm Just Nobody, which I bought for next to nowt last year, played by Mr Searling on't radio as one of the most sought after at the moment.(It is OK though)

Tony

Social source share

Just a thought,

is it not more a case of re evaluating stuff that seems to have found it's day??

For example- Al Downing -I'm Just Nobody, which I bought for next to nowt last year, played by Mr Searling on't radio as one of the most sought after at the moment.(It is OK though)

Tony

Very true .. gone are the days when you could re-evaulate your All-niter spot every two weeks , but maybe jocks should at least do it once a year :rolleyes:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

tyrone davis / can i change my mind ( bought yesterday)

Great tune this. Interestingly Eddie Singleton tells the story of playing this to himself over and over as a new release after a row and a brief split from Miss Ray apparently it also helped win her back. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great tune this. Interestingly Eddie Singleton tells the story of playing this to himself over and over as a new release after a row and a brief split from Miss Ray apparently it also helped win her back. :thumbsup:

Theres a nice 80's version by Chuck Strong :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

To cheap is as good as rare, but what gets me is the amont of money people have to buy or because maybe they had collections from years ago they have risen in price. But it's someone who says i got my record for £100 so they buy what 3 or 4 big rare records a year and some of us want to buy more cheaper records.

Another good idea well it could be is what about having issue and re-issue on rarer items so when you DJ you play the re-issue in case any records damage but your original is kept at home. Problem is people say we don't want to play out re-issue

For me to DJ, i would hope to play what people like but wouldn't just go on rare, i guess lucky may already have some of songs what are popular and rare to play out. Sam cooke - Sugar dumpling springs to mind at £25 which in Peterborough is always good a floor filler (the song i always want requested)

Social source share

anybody played the "frankie crocker"alike on the other side?

Funnily, I was just telling Tommy about how similar this was to "Ton Of Dynamite" after finding a copy last week. Good track! thumbsup.gif

Edited by recordwanted
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert