Dare You Play This At A Local Soul Night

Bazza

Just wondered if you would play something like this,I know its not traditional fare...and many would say it has no place on this scene....but it is a cracking newish R&B type dance tune

Any tunes you would play that you should'nt really ??

tune on next post

Bazza

Social source share

• Replies 71
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wondered if you would play something like this,I know its not traditional fare...and many would say it has no place on this scene....but it is a cracking newish R&B type dance tune

tune on next post

Bazza

Hurry up Bazza!! See you Saturday?

C & S

By the way...have started a Pilsley thread on up and coming events bit!!

Social source share

tune on next post

Bazza

Hardly newish :lol: its just under 20 years old........and sorry, but there's a whole load of better modern R&B tunes out there....than this pile of 'swing beat' sh*te...... :thumbsup: IMO of course......

Girf

Social source share

Hardly newish :lol: its just under 20 years old........and sorry, but there's a whole load of better modern R&B tunes out there....than this pile of 'swing beat' sh*te...... :thumbsup: IMO of course......

Girf

Blimey...did'nt realize it was that old...dont time fly :lol: ......it aint that bad is it ???

Bazza

Social source share

It wasn't bad but I can think of better things to play.

By the way, although he was married to Whitney Houston, I reckon Bobby Brown might be gay. The "evidence" is in that song he sang... "My heart belongs to you, Ronnie".

:thumbsup:

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Not this ...but R Kelly has done some right crackers :lol: V

Hello Simon,

Don't you mean R Kelly is right crackers???

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Simon

tune on next post

Bazza

I like it Bazza, infact i bought the album when it was originally released & was keen on a few of those tracks also.

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

I listen to Soul/RnB music from all era's and must say that this is complete shite. As Pete S said - just top 20 / pop music.

Edited by Goldwax
Social source share

I listen to Soul/RnB music from all era's and must say that this is complete shite. As Pete S said - just top 20 / pop music.

So are you saying because it was in the charts , that makes it a bad record...I dont think its a bad tune ....maybe not to your taste.....but not complete shite, surely

Bazza

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

So are you saying because it was in the charts , that makes it a bad record...I dont think its a bad tune ....maybe not to your taste.....but not complete shite, surely

Bazza

Sorry - I should have added 'IMO' - I do listen to some stuff in the charts but this is awful.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

It's top 20 chart rubbish anyway, why would anyone want to play it? In fact, WHY would anyone want to play it?

You mean crap like that actually gets in the top 20 !

As to Mr.Browns gender, one should always remember that TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAYME.

The name itself, BOBBY BROWN..........no overtones or possible innuendo there surely ?

Most embarrassing thing about posting on this thread is that we're now all tagged with this shite as our Last Played Clip at present.

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Guest DonnaD

As to Mr.Browns gender, one should always remember that TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAYME.

The name itself, BOBBY BROWN..........no overtones or possible innuendo there surely ?

Most embarrassing thing about posting on this thread is that we're now all tagged with this shite as our Last Played Clip at present.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I can't imaging hearing this out, but it is a nice song. I have the Bobby Brown album from same year. But maybe there are other tunes worthy of Modern room plays.

This is some way younger people can get into it if they hear artists like Mary J Blige, Bobby Brown, R Kelly who they can relate too.

I personally like Bobby Brown doing Two Can Play That Game and Every Little Step

Social source share

Guest soulful ady

tune on next post

Bazza

Hey up Baz ave you bin on the funny juice again,thought i liked some dodgy sounds but this well what can i say !! if it came from "BELGIUM" now that would be differant.

all the best mate cu both soon ady

Social source share

Guest Simon

Simon ,you are obviously a man of good taste......not many of us left :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Bazza

Thanks Bazza, i must add though i wouldn't want it anywhere near a Northern Soul club, it's a swing beat pop record.

Nice to listen to indoors but...

Simon

Social source share

Guest Jamie

As to Mr.Browns gender, one should always remember that TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME.

That's the only one I liked by him.

Was pretty big in the clubs in the early 90's (93-ish?) before it got commercial release. Then it lost its kudos :rolleyes:

p.s. I wouldn't play anything by him at a soul night - end of!

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Guest rachel

I can't imaging hearing this out, but it is a nice song. I have the Bobby Brown album from same year. But maybe there are other tunes worthy of Modern room plays.

This is some way younger people can get into it if they hear artists like Mary J Blige, Bobby Brown, R Kelly who they can relate too.

I personally like Bobby Brown doing Two Can Play That Game and Every Little Step

I'm not sure most young people would have heard of Bobby Brown (depends what you count as young I suppose, I'm talking late teens/early 20s)? I certainly wouldn't group him with Mary J Blige and R Kelly who are considerably more 'current'.

Social source share

I hadn't heard this before, it is okay of its type, imo.

But definitely should not be played at a night advertised as Northern Soul. There are enough arguments when an proper R&B track is played, or something that is vaguely 70ish Modern, so this is a no no.

Might be okay in a Modern room, but would have to be in the right set. I spent about half my time in the Modern room at Cleethorpes, but not to anything resembling this (or house).

Please don't start playing this at MonuMental.

Social source share

But definitely should not be played at a night advertised as Northern Soul. There are enough arguments when an proper R&B track is played, or something that is vaguely 70ish Modern, so this is a no no.

Might be okay in a Modern room, but would have to be in the right set. I spent about half my time in the Modern room at Cleethorpes, but not to anything resembling this (or house).

I could'nt agree more...I was thinking more of the modern type rooms.Im not a big fan of modern...but I quite like the tune

Bazza

Social source share

Sorry Baz - I'm with the NO's on this one.

There are hundreds and hundreds of better "newer" soulful toons than this. On a positive note if you like this there is obviously scope for concerting you into a "modern" boy. Check out the current modern two thread - some great soul on there.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Just to add to this.......I dont think I know of many do's..if any that advertize them selves as "Northern Soul " do's these days..seems to me anything ( within reason) goes nowa days

Bazza

Social source share

Guest krawen

You never know Steve :thumbsup: ...by the way Ill get you a couple er pint this weekend...for your burfday :yes:

place is full er kids :lol:

Bazza

Cheers mate :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

you're out of touch BAZZA, what you want is Snoop Dogg,"Drop it like it's hot",or "Put your hands up for Detroit",or Kanye West,"GOLDDIGGA(ray charles sample) :rolleyes:

Not actually a sample is it, thought it was Jamie Foxx (who was in the Ray film) singing? (I've only heard this because I am sporadically forced to listen to Radio 1 at work :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert