The Eamonn Andrews Show

Does Anybody Know If Any Of The Eamonn Andrews Show Survived The Test Of Time?

I'm Looking For An Episode From Mid January 1965 That Jimmy Radcliffe Appeared On.

Thanks

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does Anybody Know If Any Of The Eamonn Andrews Show Survived The Test Of Time?

I'm Looking For An Episode From Early February 1965 That Jimmy Radcliffe Appeared On.

Thanks

Is that the title - the Eamon Andrews show - cos he was on loads of things in the 60's and 70's. The BBC showed some footage of him presenting Crackerjack (1958-ish) last week so you never know.

Social source share

Is that the title - the Eamon Andrews show - cos he was on loads of things in the 60's and 70's. The BBC showed some footage of him presenting Crackerjack (1958-ish) last week so you never know.

Yes That Was The Title Of The Show.. It Ran From 1964-69 As A Late Night Chat-Variety Show With Musical Guest. I Guess Mr. Andrews Is Probably Best Remembered For The Show "This Is Your Life" Though.

Social source share

He also appeared on "Thank Your Lucky Stars" promoting "Long After....." but, I doubt if that has survived either :angry:

Apparently You Are Correct About The "Thank Your Lucky Stars" Show, Very Few Episodes Remained As They Tended To Tape Over Previous Shows. Eamonn Was A Big Jimmy Radcliffe Fan At The Time, Showed Jimmy The Town Whilst He Was There Promoting "Long After Tonight".

Eamonn Andrews Show (IMDB)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260612/

Eamonns Bio:

https://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/569940/index.html

Social source share

Apparently You Are Correct About The "Thank Your Lucky Stars" Show, Very Few Episodes Remained As They Tended To Tape Over Previous Shows. Eamonn Was A Big Jimmy Radcliffe Fan At The Time, Showed Jimmy The Town Whilst He Was There Promoting "Long After Tonight".

Eamonn Andrews Show (IMDB)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260612/

Eamonns Bio:

https://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/569940/index.html

"Lucky Stars" was an early evening pop programme, whereas Eamon's show was later on in the evening with interviews etc. aping the then new style of American show a-la Johnny Carson etc.

Social source share

shades.gif This clip has survived from '66

so you never know

BTW the surviving ABC TV archives are held by Canal +

Brilliant Clip, Thanks! :rolleyes:

And I've Never Given Up Hope That Perhaps Dave Clark Or Some Other Collector Perhaps Somehow Has Some Material In The Vaults Waiting For The Light Of Day.

Social source share

"Lucky Stars" was an early evening pop programme, whereas Eamon's show was later on in the evening with interviews etc. aping the then new style of American show a-la Johnny Carson etc.

It Twas Eamon Who Introduced Jimmy To Writer Norman Jopling. Mr. Jopling Would Become His Other Great Champion Of The Time Writing Brilliant Radcliffe Rave Ups.

Social source share

It Twas Eamon Who Introduced Jimmy To Writer Norman Jopling. Mr. Jopling Would Become His Other Great Champion Of The Time Writing Brilliant Radcliffe Rave Ups.

Norman Jopling wrote for Record Mirror, the info. I had regarding Jimmy's Lucky Stars appearance came from a Feb.65 edition.

Social source share

Norman Jopling wrote for Record Mirror, the info. I had regarding Jimmy's Lucky Stars appearance came from a Feb.65 edition.

I've A Similar Mention About The Eamonn Andrews Show From NME January 15, 1965. There's Also A Nice Article Called "When Gene Pitney Was Billy Brian" In Which Jimmy Recounts The Events Of His Meeting Gene, How "Long After Tonight" Came To Be Issued, And The Many Un-Issued Duets That They Recorded.

Social source share

have a look at teh bfi

https://www.bfi.org.uk/

eamon andrews series in 65 is listed but not much more details on the site

but seems do have a lot of research features and info, and read they do showings of stuff etc

so good chance maybe able to help

Thanks!!! Will Definitely Have A Look At This One Too.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Social source share

:rolleyes: This clip has survived from '66

so you never know

BTW the surviving ABC TV archives are held by Canal +

Well I Guess If One Could Find An English Contact For Canal+ And Ask Them About Surviving Material In Their Archive All Questions Might Be Answered, No?

Social source share

Quick Update For Any Interested Parties. Found A Contact At Pinewood And A Check Of The Archives Is Underway. Jimmy Appeared On The Evening Of Sunday January 10, 1965.

Thanks For All The Help On This One Lads :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert