Sunny Summer Days And Curtis On The Record Deck

Just popped Curtis the album on this morning while pottering about...If this aint summer music then what is.."We people who are darker than Blue" heaven indeed..As the sleeve notes say "Curtis is the sound of revolution,not just a musical one but a spiritual,social and political revolution...Whats says you lot out there???..An album for me that stands the test of time..I aint up to all the soundfile stuff so any who can drop some soundfiles please do...

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just popped Curtis the album on this morning while pottering about...If this aint summer music then what is.."We people who are darker than Blue" heaven indeed..As the sleeve notes say "Curtis is the sound of revolution,not just a musical one but a spiritual,social and political revolution...Whats says you lot out there???..An album for me that stands the test of time..I aint up to all the soundfile stuff so any who can drop some soundfiles please do...

Stevie, if I ever have any slight frustration with the Northern / rare soul scene, it's that too many often overlook the great works of the so called commercial or charting soul artists like Curtis Mayfield , Stevie Wonder , Lamont Dozier, Al Green etc etc which all stand the test of time and deserve repeated plays even 30 or 40 years later, and every listen brings something new each time ...

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert