John Westley

Guest Tommy

Guest Tommy

Hi Everyone,

I found this today, and didn't know it existed until coming across this one. It's the same as Johnny Moffett - You're the one - Canterbury, but a different version. This version has girl backing singers, and is far better than the Canterbury version (Imo). It's still Johnny Moffett singing on this release, but I'm assuming this is the records first release before Canterbury. The song was written by "John Westley-Moffett", so obviously on this release he was going by his first & middle name.

The b-side is different to the Canterbury release. This ones called "I love you" and is a great R&B track, with a killer sax break.

Anyone give me any further information on this? (Rarity, Value, etc). I see it's in Browns book at 200 quid, but I can't find anything else about it anywhere.

Tommy.

post-2018-1180752576_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It was reviewed in "Rare Soul Review" by Tim Brown. I have no idea really but it is probably pretty rare. Any chance of a soundclip of the R&B side?

Social source share

Guest Tommy

It was reviewed in "Rare Soul Review" by Tim Brown. I have no idea really but it is probably pretty rare. Any chance of a soundclip of the R&B side?

Interesting, thank you. No problems, i've attached a clip of both sides for you...

JOHN_WESTLEY.mp3

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert