Barcelona - Spain

Guest JohanT

Guest JohanT

Hi!

I will be in Barcelona, Spain, for the first time from the 13th of June to the 17th of June. Any help on where to go (clubs, etc), places to look for records (shops, markets or record fairs) and/or soul people to meet up with would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Johan Tollgerdt

Sweden

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi!

I will be in Barcelona, Spain, for the first time from the 13th of June to the 17th of June. Any help on where to go (clubs, etc), places to look for records (shops, markets or record fairs) and/or soul people to meet up with would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Johan Tollgerdt

Sweden

Hi, Johan

I don't lives in Barcelona, I lives in Tarragona, around 100 km south, but I studed there and some times come on. Allways I come to Carrer Riera Baixa (near to Rambla de les Flors) where there is "Edison's" different stores and some others some of wich specialized in soul music (tons of vinyls).

Cheers & Soul Food

(And Have A Good Time in Barcelona)

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

You should send a p.m to Edu who lives in Barcelona.....his name on here is tykarim. He knows everything that is happening in Barcelona! :wicked:

Social source share

Hi you should speak to Ana her name on here is Soulie_girl_80. She lives in Barcelona and travels all over going to soul do's, she is sure to know of any nights going on over there.

Social source share

Hi there

About BCN:

* Nice Shops: Wah Wah (C/Riera Baixa)...all others are a total waste of time, and BCN is such a nice place to waste it on accumulating dirt on your fingers for nothing.

* Clubs: I'd be Djing in Venice from 1rst to 3rd of June, but:

- Club SOUL: C/Escudillers Blancs (not sure of the name of the street...),just off Plaza Real (you must pass in front of a restaurant named LOS CARACOLES, you'll find it)

- DIOBAR: C/Marques de l' Argentera, 27 (BORN): It's been my own residency for 4 months, should be Ok.

Plus the new place i'd be djing in (SUITE ROYALE, wich is Hotel 54 discotheque, in Passeig Joan the Borb³, quine near to Barceloneta beach) should open on 7th of June. Besides of that, you've got GROOVINBCN PARTY at Sala BeCool (Pla§a Beethoven, quite near Pla§a Francesc Maci ), wich will gather most of BCN soul and funk dj's at the same place for a special night, that'd be the 6th of June. On 7th of June we may have Keb Darge @ Powder Room @ Sala Apolo (Paral.lel), but i'm not sure about that. Oh, and on 6th i'm supposed to be djing at Hotel OMM at our Jazz'n'Movies sessions, but i guess i'd be at GroovinBCN.

Any doubts/questions/etc...just PM @ black_whip@hotmail.com

Best!

Eduard

Social source share

Hi there

About BCN:

* Nice Shops: Wah Wah (C/Riera Baixa)...all others are a total waste of time, and BCN is such a nice place to waste it on accumulating dirt on your fingers for nothing.

* Clubs: I'd be Djing in Venice from 1rst to 3rd of June, but:

- Club SOUL: C/Escudillers Blancs (not sure of the name of the street...),just off Plaza Real (you must pass in front of a restaurant named LOS CARACOLES, you'll find it)

- DIOBAR: C/Marques de l' Argentera, 27 (BORN): It's been my own residency for 4 months, should be Ok.

Plus the new place i'd be djing in (SUITE ROYALE, wich is Hotel 54 discotheque, in Passeig Joan the Borb³, quine near to Barceloneta beach) should open on 7th of June. Besides of that, you've got GROOVINBCN PARTY at Sala BeCool (Pla§a Beethoven, quite near Pla§a Francesc Maci ), wich will gather most of BCN soul and funk dj's at the same place for a special night, that'd be the 6th of June. On 7th of June we may have Keb Darge @ Powder Room @ Sala Apolo (Paral.lel), but i'm not sure about that. Oh, and on 6th i'm supposed to be djing at Hotel OMM at our Jazz'n'Movies sessions, but i guess i'd be at GroovinBCN.

Any doubts/questions/etc...just PM @ black_whip@hotmail.com

Best!

Eduard

Hola Edu! :thumbsup:

that Club Soul in Escudillers, is it on weekends? never been there.. do u think i would like? you know my music taste hehe..

Ana

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

me and the other half will be near barcelona from the 13th june for a week. we hope to have a couple of days in the city thumbsup.gif

shane

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert