Hey Girl

just had this played over the phone by a m8 jimmy james - hey girl seventies/ crossover style tune he bought a cd for something else and this is on and has blown him (and me) away. Any info label, price etc would be appreciated.

thanks

Gary

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just had this played over the phone by a m8 jimmy james - hey girl seventies/ crossover style tune he bought a cd for something else and this is on and has blown him (and me) away. Any info label, price etc would be appreciated.

thanks

Gary

Jimmy James & Vagabonds - "Where Your Music Takes Me" - Pye L.P. 1975

Social source share

Guest stax'a'soul

have it on the lp 'you dont stand a chance if you can't dance' also like 'suspicious love' off the same lp,that is also on 45.

steve :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

thanks

Gary

Try my mate Glen Belamy from Kettering as he's got the 45 for sale at £40 . . . worth a haggle! https://www.musicstack.com/item/13881342/ji...e/hey+girl-i+am

Martin

Social source share

thanks

Gary

BEST THING HE EVER SANG IMHO.

BOUGHT THIS OFF EBAY 2YRS BACK FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR FROM SOME "SHAG" SOULIE IN USA. THINK THEY PUT A LOT OF STUFF ONTO THEIR OWN LABELS :thumbsup:

post-5460-1180341579_thumb.jpg

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

I've got the Lp for sale if anyone wants it.. £15 (this is including p&p)

vinyl is fine no problems cover has the corner cut off!!! and a price sticker.. I only bought it 2 months ago for Hey Girl but bought a demo 45 for £25 straight after..

great track when i first heard it I had to have it aswell..

Edited by mischief
Social source share

Here's the details of these two:

JAMES, JIMMY & VAGABONDS PYE 45472 HEY GIRL / I AM SOMEBODY

Originally believed to be demo only, but issues are about.

JAMES, JIMMY & VAGABONDS PYE 45606 NOW IS THE TIME / WANT YOU SO MUCH

Flip of major UK pop hit.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fatius Bumius

Pye issue of Hey Girl in my box where it's been sat for a long long time :rolleyes:

Found in a mixed pile of 45's on a local flea market a few years ago.

Didn't like it when I first bought it, bought it blind (and deaf whistling.gif ), probably 3 records for a quid, and bunged it in a box I call my sh*t box! Tastes change though, doesn't sound too bad now :boxing:

It's lucky it survived a sh*t box clear out, gave my kids loads of 45's to cook in the oven! Wonder what I did let them cook that might sound good today :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Fantastic record, i have it in my box and always been a fan of Jimmy James who i have met and seen live 3 times who no doubt puts on a good show. Have 2 excellent Pye LP's. one refrence to the this single being on it, is actually US release and worth around £15.

A part from A Man Like Me, Another good Northern tune he did was Help Yourself which is faster.

Social source share

is Jimmy J still doing the Working Mans Club circuit?...i know a friend saw him in Wales a few years ago and he was great......"Amen" had em standing on tables.....does he get bookings for Weekenders?.....he could do a great Northern flavour set +the Pye crossovers.....

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Well i believe Jimmy James tours, he has been involved in soul and motown weekends and not so long ago did a few years touring as soul explosion tour with Clem Curtis (Foundations) and lead singer of Flirtations, which is what i saw 3 times.

His set included all 3 major UK single releases Now is the Time. Red Red Wine, I'll Go Where The Music Takes Me and A Man Like Me plus a few covers of old soul songs. I personally think he is great live and enjoyed it every time and any chance i get to see him again i will go

Social source share

an imaginary JJ Northern set.........1)Aint Love Good..etc 2)Aint no Big Thing...3)Want you so Much 4)Come to me Softly 5)Who could be loving you 6)Hey Girl 7)Wear it on our Face 8) The Entertainer 9)This Heart of Mine.....his normal band augmented by Snake Davis...(and a girly trio)......(who do i know whos birthday is coming up soon with a lot of spare cash for their "do" laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert