Tomangoes

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

Does anyone know if the yellow labeled Washpan release of "I really love you" is a boot or original? I bought it for a £10 in 1992 and was told at the time it was an original but not sure now as someone latley said they think it might be a boot.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Andy

this has been booted lotsa times on the yellow label, would only buy from a trusted source if payin big bucks.

John manships guide has more info on this can check out, guess you have to send us the anoraky grooved scriblings mate.

along with mel britt probably the greatest northern soul tunes of all time imo

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Does anyone know if the yellow labeled Washpan release of "I really love you" is a boot or original? I bought it for a £10 in 1992 and was told at the time it was an original but not sure now as someone latley said they think it might be a boot.

Originals have a Nashville matrix stamp in the dead wax. Anything else is a bootleg.

Tommy.

Social source share

Thanks a lot for your help. It turns out I have the boot. Not to worry didn't pay much for it and can always flog it for a £5, if anyone will buy it. Great bloody tune though.

A lot of people are paying ridiculous money for these lookalike bootlegs, so stick it on eBay and you'll probably get £20-£30 without problems for it. mellow.gif A copy sold just a couple of days ago for £31... amazing.

Social source share

There are also legal 2nd issues, put out by Geno Washington, Geno sold me a few. These are yellow but can't remember much else about them and everything is packed ready to move, so can't find it. If I find one in the next few weeks will put up a scan and matrix info. A second pressing put out by the label owner should hold a higher value, than an out right bootleg ? shouldn't they!!!!!

Social source share

Guest moggy

There are also legal 2nd issues, put out by Geno Washington, Geno sold me a few. These are yellow but can't remember much else about them and everything is packed ready to move, so can't find it. If I find one in the next few weeks will put up a scan and matrix info. A second pressing put out by the label owner should hold a higher value, than an out right bootleg ? shouldn't they!!!!!

Dave,

you would have thought so

But a lot of people like the 70ts boots, bit of a nostalgia thing, add to that it is, and always will be a top tune.

Social source share

What about if you only collect original British releases??? The Grapevine UK 45 must be up there then!?

Grapevine_GRP-122a.jpg

The Grapevine Single, even though it was withdrawn shortly after release, is an official release.

I'm not sure why this was alegedly dubbed from a record, when Gino Washington had re-issued it,

or were they also dubbed from a disc. Do master Tapes still Exist for The Tomangoes? :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert