The Exceptions - Baby You Know I Need You

Guest Dr Pickles

Guest Dr Pickles

Can anyone shed some light on these two verions of Baby You Know I Need You.

I think this is the released version by The Exceptions:

This is very different version on soul club (the better version IMHO)

The interesting thing with the soul club version is that in Real Player the artist comes up as The Expressions.

I'm interested in getting my hands on the soul club version.

Can anyone clarify if the Soul Club version is The Exceptions and if it was released.

Does anyone have one or point me in the right direction??????

Many thanks

Doc

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Pickles

Hi Doc, The Northern Soul of Philadelphia Vol 2 (Goldmine) has two versions on it. That's probably where they came from. One is an unissued alternative take and the other came out on Groovey Grooves. No idea where you can get it on vinyl though...

Stuart

Stuart

Thanks for the info. :ohmy:

Looks like the group name - The Expressions is a typo on Realplayer.

Cheers

Doc

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

What a great tune it is too Dr :wave:

ive never seen one for sale on 7" before and ive been looking out for one for a while now, not even sure of a value either, if i find out anything more i will let you know

Bearsy

Social source share

As stated above it was recorded twice, with the less "northern" one being released on Groovey Grooves 161. The one feat. on soulclub is unreleased on vinyl as far as I know and only available on the mentioned CD Northern Soul Of Philadelphia Vol 2 (Goldmine), a shame as I rate that version much higher. However the flip on the released version "The look in her eyes" ain´t a bad track either.

I´ve only seen a couple of these for sale, with a great difference in price from around a £100 on Ebay to £300 on a british list. Manship guide says £400, I would think that a nice copy could be secured with £250 if it came up for sale, possibly less on Ebay.

Social source share

As stated above it was recorded twice, with the less "northern" one being released on Groovey Grooves 161. The one feat. on soulclub is unreleased on vinyl as far as I know and only available on the mentioned CD Northern Soul Of Philadelphia Vol 2 (Goldmine), a shame as I rate that version much higher. However the flip on the released version "The look in her eyes" ain´t a bad track either.

I´ve only seen a couple of these for sale, with a great difference in price from around a £100 on Ebay to £300 on a british list. Manship guide says £400, I would think that a nice copy could be secured with £250 if it came up for sale, possibly less on Ebay.

The groovey grooves release sounds more of a northern dance track if you pitch it up to +3 - pricewise I picked up a minter for around £150 last year which was a good result - as you say they don't come along too often so could quite easily go for more :thumbsup:

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert