Volt 4000 Series

AFTER MY GOOD RUMMAGE THIS WEEKEND ANOTHER LOGO HAD FUN WITH REDISCOVERING IS THE VOLT4000 SERIES. ATLANTIC STOPPED THEIR DISTRIBUTION FOR THIS SERIES AND WOW WHAT TUNES!IM AFTER SOME SOUNCLIPS IF POSSSIBLE OF A TRACK BY THE BRIDGE CALLED CROSSING OVER,AND ALSO A TRACK BY THE LEADERS -WHICH WAS.

WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR THE PAUL THOMPSON TRACK [AND TO OWN LOL] AND THE GREAT LIMITATIONS TRACK ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!THE NEWCOMERS ,MAD LADS AND EMOTIONS DONE SOME GREAT STUFF.LETS GET POSTING.

BAZ A.

Social source share

• Replies 47
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

AFTER MY GOOD RUMMAGE THIS WEEKEND ANOTHER LOGO HAD FUN WITH REDISCOVERING IS THE VOLT4000 SERIES. ATLANTIC STOPPED THEIR DISTRIBUTION FOR THIS SERIES AND WOW WHAT TUNES!IM AFTER SOME SOUNCLIPS IF POSSSIBLE OF A TRACK BY THE BRIDGE CALLED CROSSING OVER,AND ALSO A TRACK BY THE LEADERS -WHICH WAS.

WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR THE PAUL THOMPSON TRACK [AND TO OWN LOL] AND THE GREAT LIMITATIONS TRACK ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!THE NEWCOMERS ,MAD LADS AND EMOTIONS DONE SOME GREAT STUFF.LETS GET POSTING.

BAZ A.

The Dramatics " Fell for you " is a great Tony Hestor song [ 4099 ] , as is " And I panicked " [ 4105 ] , plus Hot Sauce " What do you see in her " is another excellent ballad [ 4089 ]. Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest Paul

Great thread, Baz.

Stax/Volt was probably the real home of soul and when they left Atlantic they were going through a very creative period, although some great tracks were overlooked at the time.

I've always said that a perfect introduction for any new soul fan would be the three Stax/Volt boxed sets. What more could anyone want?

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

P.S. "Stealing Love" is such an uplifting track, I've never understood why it isn't an anthem on the soul scene.

Social source share

I've always said that a perfect introduction for any new soul fan would be the three Stax/Volt boxed sets. What more could anyone want?

I agree entirely and they can be had cheap nowadays. The third box of 10 CD's cost me £42 recently!

Margie Joseph - Medicine Bend has always been one that did it for me

Social source share

The Dramatics " Fell for you " is a great Tony Hestor song [ 4099 ] , as is " And I panicked " [ 4105 ] , plus Hot Sauce " What do you see in her " is another excellent ballad [ 4089 ]. Best ,Eddie

HELO EDDIE LOVE THE DRAMATICS FELL FOR YOU IS JUST BRILL[ONE OF THEIR BEST],NOW HOT SAUCE VERY INTERESTING,LOVE THAT VOICE DONT KNOW THE LINE UP DO YOU?

BAZ A. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great thread, Baz.

Stax/Volt was probably the real home of soul and when they left Atlantic they were going through a very creative period, although some great tracks were overlooked at the time.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

P.S. "Stealing Love" is such an uplifting track, I've never understood why it isn't an anthem on the soul scene.

HELLO PAUL,

HOPE YOUR WELL MATE,AGREE COMPLETELY THIS THREAD HAS TOOK SOME GETTING GOING ,THINK IT SHOULD HOT UP NOW,STEALING LOVE IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST EVER ,CANT BELIEVE THE VOCALS,THEN YOU HAVE ALL THEM AWESOME MAD LADS CHOONS ,I HAVE ABOUT 45 SINGLES I EVEN LIKE THE BARKEYS STUFF! THE GREAT THING IS EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE ONE OR TWO RARE ONES LIKE PAUL THOMPSON,IT STILL IS NOT A HARD LOGO TO COMPLETE ,SHOULD KEEP A SAD ANORAK LIKE MYSELF BUSY FOR A WHILE.

REAL CONNECTION WITH TRUTH RECORDS AS WELL,AND WOW THE ROUND ROBIN MONOPLY AND SHIRLEY BROWN ALSO.

JUST SPUN THE NEWCOMERS OPEN UP MY HEART WHAT A CHOON :thumbsup:

BAZ A.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

BAZ A.

Volt Records etc https://martins_box.tripod.com/id87.htm

Martin

Social source share

],NOW HOT SAUCE VERY INTERESTING,LOVE THAT VOICE DONT KNOW THE LINE UP DO YOU?

BAZ A.
:yes:

Yep I've got 3 Hot Sauce 45s and they"re all worthy especially "Bring It Home" not sure if its 4000 series can"t lay my hands on it at the mo'

Would love to know more about Hot Sauce too !

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Yep I've got 3 Hot Sauce 45s and they"re all worthy especially "Bring It Home" not sure if its 4000 series can"t lay my hands on it at the mo'

Would love to know more about Hot Sauce too !

Cheers Paul

hello paul,

read somewhere it was three sisters could be way of the mark but,bet the line ups on by the end of the day but?

baz a.

Social source share

LOVE THE EMOTIONS PARTICULARY STEALING LOVE AND YOU MAKE ME WANT TO LOVE YOU,JUST PERFECT CROSSOVER!

BAZ A.

Love The Emotions 4110 'Baby I'm Through" and 44066 "Show Me How" doing it for me at the moment

Was lucky enough to see them live a couple of years ago............BIG girls these days but those voices are still there

Cheers Paul

PS Yes Baz lets hope the Hot Sauce info arrives today ! One of my 45s "I Cant Win For Losing" co written by L Moy and H Moy ( with R Burton ) is it the Moy sisters ??!! Volt 4067 flipside " I'll Kill A Brick"

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Love The Emotions 4110 'Baby I'm Through" and 44066 "Show Me How" doing it for me at the moment

Was lucky enough to see them live a couple of years ago............BIG girls these days but those voices are still there

Cheers Paul

PS Yes Baz lets hope the Hot Sauce info arrives today ! One of my 45s "I Cant Win For Losing" co written by L Moy and H Moy ( with R Burton ) is it the Moy sisters ??!! Volt 4067 flipside " I'll Kill A Brick"

could well be paul,great great voices!

BAZ A

Social source share

A few nice 'Crossover' tracks from Volt...Well recommended to all...........

Jimmy Dotson I Used To Be A Loser

Darrell Banks I'm the One Who Loves You

Mad Lads By The time I Get To Phoenix

Jimmy Hughes Chains Of Love

Colette Kelly City Of Fools

Magie Joseph Nobody

JJ Barnes Got ToGet Rid of You

TSU Toronadoes I Still Love You

Jones & Blumberg The Right Track

Roz Ryan You're My Only Temptation

Mavis Staples I Have Learned To Do Without You

Reggie Milner Hello Stranger

Margie Joseph I'll always Love You

Ilana Where Would You Be Today

Hot Sauce I'll Kill A Brick

Major Lance Since i Lost My Baby's Love

Major lance That's the Story of My Life

Phew!

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

A few nice 'Crossover' tracks from Volt...Well recommended to all...........

Jimmy Dotson I Used To Be A Loser

Darrell Banks I'm the One Who Loves You

Mad Lads By The time I Get To Phoenix

Jimmy Hughes Chains Of Love

Colette Kelly City Of Fools

Magie Joseph Nobody

JJ Barnes Got ToGet Rid of You

TSU Toronadoes I Still Love You

Jones & Blumberg The Right Track

Roz Ryan You're My Only Temptation

Mavis Staples I Have Learned To Do Without You

Reggie Milner Hello Stranger

Margie Joseph I'll always Love You

Ilana Where Would You Be Today

Hot Sauce I'll Kill A Brick

Major Lance Since i Lost My Baby's Love

Major lance That's the Story of My Life

Phew!

Sean

some nice stuff there ,love the illana track and the the major lance track,spun that last night sounded great[love the bass line]also love the flip of the jj barnes side snowflakes does it every time for me.Other tips are weak spot [massive in the late eighties,that voice smashes the windows]ruby johnson and the newcomers -open up my heart,as good as their stuff on truth.OH THE DRAMATICS YOUR LOVE WAS STRANGE ,TREMENDOUS VOCALS!

BAZ A thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I really like the underlined ones below:

VOLT 4029 - Dramatics - Your Love Was Strange / Since I've Been In Love

VOLT 4039 - Jones & Blumenberg - I Forgot To Remember / The Right Track

VOLT 4069 - Major Lance - Girl, Come On Home / Since I Lost My Baby's Love

VOLT 4077 - Emotions - My Honey And Me / Blind Alley

VOLT 4087 - Inez Foxx - You Hurt Me For The Last Time / Watch The Dog

VOLT 4096 - Inez Foxx - Crossing Over The Bridge / You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day

Social source share

I really like the underlined ones below:

VOLT 4029 - Dramatics - Your Love Was Strange / Since I've Been In Love

VOLT 4039 - Jones & Blumenberg - I Forgot To Remember / The Right Track

VOLT 4069 - Major Lance - Girl, Come On Home / Since I Lost My Baby's Love

VOLT 4077 - Emotions - My Honey And Me / Blind Alley

VOLT 4087 - Inez Foxx - You Hurt Me For The Last Time / Watch The Dog

VOLT 4096 - Inez Foxx - Crossing Over The Bridge / You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day

:thumbsup:

great soundclips anyone got the bridge soundclip :thumbsup:

BAZ A,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert