Can't Believe No-one Bought This

n.b. listen to the clip further down the page, not this one

One of the best unissued things I've heard in ages - can't believe there was so little interest that I was able to buy it! Surely if the right DJ had this it would be massive?

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One of the best unissued things I've heard in ages - can't believe there was so little interest that I was able to buy it! Surely if the right DJ had this it would be massive?

Love the track, but it skips three times in the first minute, and as it's an acetate that isn't going to get any better.

Social source share

Love the track, but it skips three times in the first minute, and as it's an acetate that isn't going to get any better.

No it doesn't Dave, that's the recording, I was doing it while installing a scanner so it kind of sticks, the acetate is mint and plays perfect, I'll record it again so's you can hear

Social source share

Bollocks! I've Seen Pete's Pristine Dream... Hey Pete How Much You Want For It Aye?

Cheers!

Social source share

Not saying i'm the right DJ :shades: However I bought the other copy and it will certainly be featuring in my set from time to time :wicked:

Cheers

Mike Bolderson

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ May 8 2007, 12:56 PM) link
Not saying i'm the right DJ :wicked: However I bought the other copy and it will certainly be featuring in my set from time to time thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Mike Bolderson

LOL! And Here I Thought You Lot Wanted Anonymity :shades: ... Well Expect To Be Getting Calls On This One It's A Bloody Great Track!... If I Do Say So Me Self. :D

Social source share

theres a good uk version by keith powell and billie davis , know it ?

Have You A Sound Clip Of It? And Can You Post It?

Would Love To Hear That Indeed!

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

i would have mate but i gave it to my mate alan handscombe last year .. its the flip of when you move you lose on piccadilly .. great production ... mind you that acetate takes some beating :shades:

Social source share

i would have mate but i gave it to my mate alan handscombe last year .. its the flip of when you move you lose on piccadilly .. great production ... mind you that acetate takes some beating :shades:

Yeah.. But As Great As Barbara Jean's Version Is Jimmy's Original Is Out On The Floor Tops!

Classics So To Be Getting Spins For The First Time. :wicked:

Social source share

Have You A Sound Clip Of It? And Can You Post It?

Would Love To Hear That Indeed!

Of course! I knew I had heard that title before. Used to have that, pretty common on Piccadilly, 10-15 quid...I'll post it up when I've found it

Social source share

Of course! I knew I had heard that title before. Used to have that, pretty common on Piccadilly, 10-15 quid...I'll post it up when I've found it

If You Find It, I'd Like To Get It, Cause I Don't Have That One In Me Box! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

If You Find It, I'd Like To Get It, Cause I Don't Have That One In Me Box! thumbsup.gif

They did 2 or 3 duets of soul numbers, most of them are pretty poor to be honest, I remember keith Powell doing a version of Fats Domino's It Keep Raining that was fairly torturous too...anyway I looked, I don't have the 45 but you'll easily find one on ebay

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ May 8 2007, 12:56 PM) link
Not saying i'm the right DJ rolleyes.gif However I bought the other copy and it will certainly be featuring in my set from time to time :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike Bolderson

Mike Your Just The Bloke To Take This One Into The Pantheon Of Righteous Choons In The Temples Of Soul Sounds Satisfaction!

Just Remember Me Wence The Young Lovelies Come Calling On You To Spin This Gem And They A Need A Shoulder To Rest Upon Once Their Turns About The Floor Hath Left Them In Want Of A Safe Haven To Renew Themselves For The Next Big Spin :thumbsup: .... Just Send Them My Way Aye.

Social source share

This is awesome!!!!

Does being unissued mean that it is likely not to be known to soulies/collecters from way back when?

This, being played out and loud would have me up. :thumbsup:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Great record. It opens with something that sounds like 'At the Discoteque.' Is this a new discovery then? Brilliant.

Our friend Chris (Mangomn) found it in the Jimmy Radcliffe archives along with a version by Jimmy himself - I thought the girl version was better than the male version so chose that one.

Social source share

Our friend Chris (Mangomn) found it in the Jimmy Radcliffe archives along with a version by Jimmy himself - I thought the girl version was better than the male version so chose that one.

Bullocks... Here's The Male Version And Then There's The Duet Between Jimmy And Barbara Jean "Can Anybody Else" That I Really Can't Believe That No-One Bought... It Has All The Elelments...

"Taste Sour Don't It" - Jimmy's Version

Taste_Sour_Don_t_It_c_.mp3

"Could Anybody Else" - Jimmy & Barabara Duet (Still For Sale)

Could_Anybody_Else__c_.mp3

Brilliant Stuff Pete, Brilliant Stuff Indeed!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

They did 2 or 3 duets of soul numbers, most of them are pretty poor to be honest, I remember keith Powell doing a version of Fats Domino's It Keep Raining that was fairly torturous too...anyway I looked, I don't have the 45 but you'll easily find one on ebay

I thought you'd stick up for your fellow Wolvo native, Pete. I actually like his records and his voice, and think "When You Move You Lose" is almost as good as Rufus and Carla's version.

Nice bloke, too.

Social source share

I thought you'd stick up for your fellow Wolvo native, Pete. I actually like his records and his voice, and think "When You Move You Lose" is almost as good as Rufus and Carla's version.

Nice bloke, too.

Nothing wrong with his voice, it's the arrangements that are the problem, and I thought he was a Brummie anyway!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Nothing wrong with his voice, it's the arrangements that are the problem, and I thought he was a Brummie anyway!

You blokes all sound alike to me :rolleyes:

Social source share

QUOTE(Mike B @ May 8 2007, 12:56 PM) link Not saying i'm the right DJ :( However I bought the other copy and it will certainly be featuring in my set from time to time :(

Cheers

Mike Bolderson

Mike Your Just The Bloke To Take This One Into The Pantheon Of Righteous Choons In The Temples Of Soul Sounds Satisfaction!

Just Remember Me Wence The Young Lovelies Come Calling On You To Spin This Gem And They A Need A Shoulder To Rest Upon Once Their Turns About The Floor Hath Left Them In Want Of A Safe Haven To Renew Themselves For The Next Big Spin thumbsup.gif .... Just Send Them My Way Aye.

Cheers Chris - I'll be playing it at Halstead in deepest Essex on May 19th (stompers and shufflers - in the events section ) which will probably be its first UK spin :thumbsup: If I can find a young lovely at a soul do I'll let you know :thumbsup::wicked:

All the best

Mike

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert