• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Missed out on one couple of months ago.

Went for about £30 but wasn't mint.

Credit to Andy BB for giving it air play.

Been played, on and off since the early 90's at least. I have played it on occasion, since then, at Wilton etc. Good record, perhaps too cheap, unfortunatly, if you know what I mean.

Social source share

we've certainly got both usa & uk filed away.

you're welcome to make an offer and we'll played both versions tomorrow and compare.

last time we sold the usa press was £40 stock, £50 for the DJ

the UK press is tough to find.. i'll take listen to both ... as we've not sold a UK PRESS for years and years ..then decide on a value..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

us version is the best IMO

played it out on and off in belfast for ages

and have to agree its only problem is the price....if it were a 300+ tune it would get played everywhere......fantastic 45

theres another version on columbia, can't remember artist at the moment but its poor in comparsion to mr. hunts. :D

Social source share

and have to agree its only problem is the price....if it were a 300+ tune it would get played everywhere......fantastic 45

theres another version on columbia, can't remember artist at the moment but its poor in comparsion to mr. hunts. :D

why should the price be a problem? its in the groove what counts!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Kenny Lonas the other version Phil, agree with you too it's shite in comparison to William Hunt.

Social source share

Don't you have a valuation in your UK 45 Guide?

:D

always, without fail, we re-evaluate a record's value everytime we process a copy.. check the sales data, who last bought it (yes there are collectors who ONLY buy my mistakes) and listen to it again, read comments on chat rooms & check the last time we had a copy for sale.... all of which varifes quality, rarity and demand

otherwise Don Gardner Cheating Kind - would be £3.00......wouldn't it?

Social source share

always, without fail, we re-evaluate a record's value everytime we process a copy.. check the sales data, who last bought it (yes there are collectors who ONLY buy my mistakes) and listen to it again, read comments on chat rooms & check the last time we had a copy for sale.... all of which varifes quality, rarity and demand

otherwise Don Gardner Cheating Kind - would be £3.00......wouldn't it?

If one person has expressed the wish to own a record and several others have said that it is a nice tune, does that qualify a raise in price?

You admit yourself that you haven't sold a UK copy in a while and that you have one filed - surely this means the demand is low?

In my opinion this means your 'price guide' is of no value, as you may just change your mind of a records value at any given time?

BTW There was a whistling man to indicate the joke...

Social source share

If one person has expressed the wish to own a record and several others have said that it is a nice tune, does that qualify a raise in price?

You admit yourself that you haven't sold a UK copy in a while and that you have one filed - surely this means the demand is low?

In my opinion this means your 'price guide' is of no value, as you may just change your mind of a records value at any given time?

BTW There was a whistling man to indicate the joke...

You'll be happy to hear, I ain't never gonna do a Soul Price Bible..

Social source share

we've certainly got both usa & uk filed away.

you're welcome to make an offer and we'll played both versions tomorrow and compare.

last time we sold the usa press was £40 stock, £50 for the DJ

the UK press is tough to find.. i'll take listen to both ... as we've not sold a UK PRESS for years and years ..then decide on a value..

I bought one off you in 1993! When you had one of those half price sales. It was £25.

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Good to hear you like it boys..Can any of you ley us know if one is up for sale..

i'm looking out for one for you steve cu in the week :shades:

Social source share

I am pretty sure this was a Gilly tape record back in the day, like so many hot boxers!!!

I first heard it one of Peter McKernan's tapes he did for me in 86. That was a man with impeccable taste in soul.

Derek

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

have pmed stevie,i have one on us for sale

if he doesnt want it,any one else--------50-00

nice one Keith hold it for him if not i'll have it!

Social source share

GREAT TUNE Steve,i remember buying my copy from Jock at Andy BBs sunday snug where the William v Kenny debate started between Hannah and Andy...ill play it at Middleton on the 19th as my last tune :thumbsup: Andy BB was credited in Kents cd Northern Soul Classiest Rariities 2 by Ady for playing the Columbia version by Kenny Lonas.

post-4445-1178615069_thumb.jpg

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

GREAT TUNE Steve,i remember buying my copy from Jock at Andy BBs sunday snug where the William v Kenny debate started between Hannah and Andy...ill play it at Middleton on the 19th as my last tune :thumbsup: Andy BB was credited in Kents cd Northern Soul Classiest Rariities 2 by Ady for playing the Columbia version by Kenny Lonas.

nice demo Nick, top tune ! I've been playing it a lot lately will spin it at Lowton on Friday...prefer W.Hunt version both good though :(

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Yes tune!! Been a favourite at DDA for a while.....Saw one in Andy Dysons box at Wilton on Saturday, I think. £30. Sounds a million dollars.

paul-s yes.gif

SHEER CLASS :ohmy:

Social source share

Source Advert