Moses Smith In Tk Maxx - Crawley

I know we've covered this previously but I was browsing through a load of threads in TK Maxx Crawley this afternoon and Moses Smith - 'Girl Across The Street' came blasting out of the speakers amongst their usual shite - 'where it came from I don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!'

What quality soul have you heard in unexpected places

Cheers Pat

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I would walk out,dont go shopping to listen to what i spend half me listenin`life too :thumbsup: TKmax cheapen the N/soul brand why dont you!!

Social source share

I know we've covered this previously but I was browsing through a load of threads in TK Maxx Crawley this afternoon and Moses Smith - 'Girl Across The Street' came blasting out of the speakers amongst their usual shite - 'where it came from I don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Cheers Pat

How about Bar-B-Q - Wendy Rene on Coronation Street?

Social source share

Not this old chestnut about hearing all the tracks that we hear in various outlets again .....

As I have stated before , It is a goverment plot to make sure that the hearing of old soulies is still working by playing " northern " records .....

What would be more interesting , if someone had seen Moses Smith or whoever , in TK Maxx or Woolies ......

" There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Marvin ...... "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

In 1981 when Simple Minds were still a superb largely underground band (this comes from someone who first saw them play in a pub in West London in July 1979 at the age of 15 so I know what i'm talking about here btw, Marquee x 2 1980, Hammersmith Palais supporting The Skids, Hammersmith Odeon (sadly), Futurama Stafford - wonder if Pete S was there, Lyceum -thats where the love affair ended as the commercial stadium shit era commenced), anyhow back to the main point :

In May 1981 their first single for Virgin "The American" was played on the cafe jukebox in Coronation Street, I was so shocked on hearing this that the thought of snuggling up to Gail actually left my mind for several minutes.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

In 1981 when Simple Minds were still a superb largely underground band (this comes from someone who first saw them play in a pub in West London in July 1979 at the age of 15 so I know what i'm talking about here btw, Marquee x 2 1980, Hammersmith Palais supporting The Skids, Hammersmith Odeon (sadly), Futurama Stafford - wonder if Pete S was there, Lyceum -thats where the love affair ended as the commercial stadium shit era commenced), anyhow back to the main point :

In May 1981 their first single for Virgin "The American" was played on the cafe jukebox in Coronation Street, I was so shocked on hearing this that the thought of snuggling up to Gail actually left my mind for several minutes.

SNUGGLING UP TO GAIL !!!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE LOOKED LIKE AN UGLIER VERSION OF E.T. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Doris

Time - Edwin Starr played on last nights F Word on C4

Know what u mean - what is with soul records being played on food programmes this also happened on sweet baby james and that Neneh Cherry programme - do u think its a subliminal thing???? :thumbsup:

Doris

Social source share

In 1981 when Simple Minds were still a superb largely underground band .....I was so shocked on hearing this that the thought of snuggling up to Gail actually left my mind for several minutes.

I can't imagine which would be worse... having to listen to that crock o' shite or snuggling up with the chinless wonder.

Social source share

Cheers Pat

Funnily enough I heard Ann Sexton Gone too Long in TK Maxx in Manchester

Social source share

I Don't Need No Doctor by Ray Charles, at Old Orleans in Ipswich.

Amazing Soul Music played in 'Old Orleans' Gene.

I was in the one in Sheffield at the weekend and walked in to the sound of OV Wright "Ace Of Spades", immediately followed by the awesome "Nickel And A Nail".

Always my first stop for a quick snack!

Probably the best real Soul Night in the region!! :no:

:shades:

Sean

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

SNUGGLING UP TO GAIL !!!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE LOOKED LIKE AN UGLIER VERSION OF E.T. :thumbsup:

YOU MADE A MISTAKE MATE, TRY TURNING THE TV ON, THAT'S YOU'RE REFLECTION YOU CAN SEE !

OF COURSE IVOR, THAT'S ASSUMING YOU GOT ELECTRICITY WHERE YOU COME FROM, WITH THAT NAME YOU MUST BE A RETIRED STEAM ENGINE DRIVER FROM ABERYSTWYTH ?

I WON'T HEAR A BAD WORD SAID ABOUT GAIL AND HER SOFT WHISPY HAIR. I'D HAVE LOVED TO HAVE RUN MY FINGERS THROUGH IT BACK THEN, IS SHE STILL FLUFFY UP TOP ?

Social source share

YOU MADE A MISTAKE MATE, TRY TURNING THE TV ON, THAT'S YOU'RE REFLECTION YOU CAN SEE !

OF COURSE IVOR, THAT'S ASSUMING YOU GOT ELECTRICITY WHERE YOU COME FROM, WITH THAT NAME YOU MUST BE A RETIRED STEAM ENGINE DRIVER FROM ABERYSTWYTH ?

I WON'T HEAR A BAD WORD SAID ABOUT GAIL AND HER SOFT WHISPY HAIR. I'D HAVE LOVED TO HAVE RUN MY FINGERS THROUGH IT BACK THEN, IS SHE STILL FLUFFY UP TOP ?

Having a thing for Gail is quite normal for some people ......

It could have been her mother Audrey that you have fantasies about ......

Now that is scary ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert