Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods

Hi Everyone heres one from 1974 its a flip side of heart break kid by bo donaldson & the heywoods on abc i think ` they were also famous for billy dont be a hero lol ` but this track is not bad ` does anyone have a sound file

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Everyone heres one from 1974 its a flip side of heart break kid by bo donaldson & the heywoods on abc i think ` they were also famous for billy dont be a hero lol ` but this track is not bad ` does anyone have a sound file

Might want to check the original by Bunny Sigler if you like Bo's version.

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

Paper Lace did "Billy dont be a hero", which is preferable in every way to Bo and his mates Jeff. :thumbsup:

IMO of course. :rolleyes:

Social source share

I think Ive said this before. Some years ago I sold a uk demo of Bo Donaldsson on Ebay- You would not believe who bought it. It was Bo Donaldson himself and he told me that he never knew that ABC had released it in the Uk although it was avery minor hit in US.

I kep the Cheque he sent me for it!

My opinion is his version is crap! It equates to similar outings done by Wigans ovation. It really is poor!

Social source share

When this came out we used to play it at our youth club discos, one night some 'big lads' arrived from over Willenhall way armed with a copy of Bunny Sigler's version, it was one of those unforgettable moments, Bo Donaldson was never heard from again and we all looked embarrassed :thumbsup:

Social source share

Paper Lace did "Billy dont be a hero", which is preferable in every way to Bo and his mates Jeff. :D

IMO of course. thumbsup.gif

" BDBAH " and " GDMMW " , both produced by the legendary John Madara .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert