Few More Going Offers Welcome

Philt

Few more bits and pieces to go as need cash for other things. Some dicscs 'used but not abused' and, as an absolute minimum, where less than Ex+ they are all absolutely fine for dj-ing. I'll gladly play anything over the phone to anyone who wants to check anything (07766 367 597)

Paypal, cash, cq etc. Sensible offers considered as usual (please don't take the p*** though!)

1. Sidney Barnes Orchestra - stronger than her love (Destiny Unissued studio acetate) Ex+ awesome but just can't afford to keep it (OFFERS around 300)

2. Rotations - dime on D9 (Frantic) Vg+ some light marks and background. Loud cut though and plays great. Don't seem to see this around these days (£275?)

3. Soul Shakers - I'm getting weaker / it's love (Loma) Vg+ some light marks and very low level bit of background as a result. Rarer issue (£125?)

4. Lorraine Chandler - what can I do / tell me ... (Giant) Vg+ some marks and bit of edge damage NAP - magic double-sider for nowt (£85)

5. Hun's Review - don't make me love you (Sorro) Vg++again, very light marks but nothing too dramatic at all. Magic record which now seems to have disappeared; current Joan spin (Price???)

6. Bobby Hebb - you want to change me (Phillips wd) M- I remember this being hammered at Morecambe and have love dit ever since. Particularly Nice on a demo £40

7. Deon Jackson - that's what you do to me (Carla) M- £50

8. Soul City - who do you think you are / cold hearted blues (Good Time) Ex small label tear and wol on flip. Magic double sider getting spins currently at Burnley and various other more progressive venues (I've got a spare) £80

9.Turley Richards - I feel alright (Columbia w/d) Ex+ £150

PM or email philip@threlfall.fsbusiness.co.uk

Cheers

Phil

Ps:I am only really interested in any of the following trades (but will buy em anyway if you have em for sale):

Little Dooley - you twine so fine (Baylor)

Re-Vells - I want a new love (Trent Town)

Magicians - love let's try it again (Villa)

Williams and Watson - two for the price of ... LP

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Kevin J

at this point, i would say that huns review should go for at least $550. monster tune that NEVER EVER comes up for sale. wish i had one.

Social source share

at this point, i would say that huns review should go for at least $550. monster tune that NEVER EVER comes up for sale. wish i had one.

your a funny lot, admitidly it does not come up for sale much but it turns up... I bought mine for £40 ten years ago, dont see what all the fuss is price wise, but then this is Norven soul innit!!!

your best to buy your records in the states, the Uk is very overpriced..

Mal.C.

Social source share

Yeah, but what you're saying is ten years ago it was £40. Sure a lot of stuff was £40 ten years ago that nowdays seldom crops up. If i'd have bought it for £40 ten years ago I'm not sure I'd be wanting to make out it's not worth much - unless I'd flogged it and wanted it back on the cheap. :thumbsup: Don't know much about this record (who played it when, where and how many times) but it's a cracking tune and I'd have to agree with Kevin J - mainly cos it more than doubles what mine cost us. :yes::sleep3:

Social source share

Guest Simon

You can have mine for $550 if that's an offer?

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

didnt say I WOULD pay that much for it ... but i do think that its worth it for that tune, and i'd bet you would sell it for close to that price if if you advertised it.

You can have mine for $550 if that's an offer?

Simon unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest Simon

didnt say I WOULD pay that much for it ... but i do think that its worth it for that tune, and i'd bet you would sell it for close to that price if if you advertised it.

Maybe Kevin but i'd be surprised at that much tbh, be interested to know what Phil sold his for?

Simon

Social source share

Yeah, but what you're saying is ten years ago it was £40. Sure a lot of stuff was £40 ten years ago that nowdays seldom crops up. If i'd have bought it for £40 ten years ago I'm not sure I'd be wanting to make out it's not worth much - unless I'd flogged it and wanted it back on the cheap. :thumbsup: Don't know much about this record (who played it when, where and how many times) but it's a cracking tune and I'd have to agree with Kevin J - mainly cos it more than doubles what mine cost us. :wicked::thumbsup:

Yeah I agree mate, ten years is a time... but I'm no longer bothered what they are worth, Obviously I want to pay as little as I can, I shop around etc...I buy them what ever the price, its the music I'm interested in,

I still stand by the fact that people in the Uk pay well over the odds for soul records, and when people on forums such as this get going they quote over inflated prices, everytime, which indirectly pushes up the price.. i think that can be taken as fact..

The Flip Danger Zone is also great... hope this guy sells as soon as.

mal

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert