• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

Try a little Otis Clay singing gospel.

What a voice :(

Derek

Derek how the F**K can anyone not love these artists, we are soooo lucky to to have found it, im going to bed tonight a very happy man :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Find Youtube soul a bit of an anti climax since they took down all Pete Smith's stuff. Ray Pollard, My girl and I - never gonna see that again and where else would you see that?

very true Simsy and sad but its times like tonight when i needed a livener and that was sent to me it does the job, its not all bad matey :(

Social source share

Little Anthony and the Imperials - Hurt so bad

how Fukcing good is this

Thanks John Alden for sending it to me and hope your better soon too mate :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC_duPWvJbs

Hi, Bearsy,

How right are you! And, when I plays my "Out Of Sight Out Of Mind" LP, I NEED to play 20 times the intro in "Let The Sunshine In". This is doo-woOpera!!

There's no another voice like Little Anthony...

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Hi, Bearsy,

How right are you! And, when I plays my "Out Of Sight Out Of Mind" LP, I NEED to play 20 times the intro in "Let The Sunshine In". This is doo-woOpera!!

There's no another voice like Little Anthony...

:( different gravy

Social source share

Hi again Bearsy and to everyone

Different gravy as also "Summer Is Comin' In", what ethereal harmonies...

Talkin' about powerful soul, there are any fan of Angelo Bond? His "Bondage" album and "Reach For The Moon" and "Goodbye My Love" are some of my favorite soul treasures. He got a very unique falsetto.

Cheers & Soul Food

Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

oooooh and what about 'its not the same'

All These AreTotal Class :thumbsup: My Fave Is "It's Not The Same" But Don't forget "Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop" :ohmy::yes::lol: Always good for a laugh

Social source share

Funnily enough, when I was 17 I worked in the reception of the Bournemouth YMCA. A young man booked in as a resident, small with a moustach in case you're reading this, who gave me a tape. The very first record was Better Use Your Head - I fell in love with it immediately and for years thought it was a woman.

I used to sneak into my Brothers room to use his tape player but alas, one day I left it in the machine by mistake and he taught me a lesson by taping over it :ohmy:

Anyway, awesome group - love them :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Why don't they write songs like that anymore? What went wrong? Superb Soul.

I recently mentioned on another thread that Baby Washington did a dead slow version on United Artists (UK only release) with the great uptempo dancer "Get A Hold Of Yourself" on the flip. Well worth checking out if you can find one, as I reckon it's one of her best.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert