Whats Hot At The Moment

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

What is the hot tune where you go out too that the DJs are hammering at the moment.

for me i seem to be hearing Gene Toones a fair bit but boy am i glad as its quality to me.

this is for the DJs too, what one are you hammering out.

Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Top 5 I'm playing at the moment

Passions If You See My Baby El-Virtue

Ted Wilson I Can't Take No More Sierra

Invitations Watch Out Little Girl MGM

Clydie King Breakaway C/UP

Blue Sharks These Things Will Keep Me Loving You Grand Prix

...... as determined by "asked for "

Social source share

What is the hot tune where you go out too that the DJs are hammering at the moment.

for me i seem to be hearing Gene Toones a fair bit but boy am i glad as its quality to me.

A few from my Yarmouth Playlists that I tend to play out quite often these days (if not 'hammering').

The Dells - Closer

M J Wade - I'm Gonna Ball Baby

Sepandiya - Thank You

Aretha Franklin - Don't Let Me Lose This Dream

Bobby Womack - Runaway

Sam Dees - Funny

Buddy Causey - There's A Way

Darrow Fletcher - It's No Mistake

Lonie Jones - Treat Your Woman Right

Sam Baker - It's All Over

Otis Clay - I Paid The Price

Joe Graham - Somethings Wrong With Our Love

Jimmy Tig - Everybody's Laffing

Na Allen - I Was Telling Her About You

Donnie Ray - I Never Dreamed

Monique Ford - No Getting Over Me

Mike Avery - Miss Lady

Ace - If I Could Open Up My Heart

Latimore - One, Man, One Woman, One Love

Quenestine Strong - One Hundred Years From Now

Enchanted Five - Darling I Need You Now

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

A few from my Yarmouth Playlists that I tend to play out quite often these days (if not 'hammering').

The Dells - Closer

M J Wade - I'm Gonna Ball Baby

Sepandiya - Thank You

Aretha Franklin - Don't Let Me Lose This Dream

Bobby Womack - Runaway

Sam Dees - Funny

Buddy Causey - There's A Way

Darrow Fletcher - It's No Mistake

Lonie Jones - Treat Your Woman Right

Sam Baker - It's All Over

Otis Clay - I Paid The Price

Joe Graham - Somethings Wrong With Our Love

Jimmy Tig - Everybody's Laffing

Na Allen - I Was Telling Her About You

Donnie Ray - I Never Dreamed

Monique Ford - No Getting Over Me

Mike Avery - Miss Lady

Ace - If I Could Open Up My Heart

Latimore - One, Man, One Woman, One Love

Quenestine Strong - One Hundred Years From Now

Enchanted Five - Darling I Need You Now

Sean Hampsey

that really is a playlist Sean :thumbsup:

which one out of them is a must at the moment if you had just one tune to spin wicked.gif

Social source share

Guest Simon

Gene Toones was my favourite record for a long time & my number one want, it's gone slightly down the pecking order in recent years but it's still a big, rare, fantastic tune & one i'm pretty sure i'll never tire of hearing!

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Gene Toones was my favourite record for a long time & my number one want, it's gone slightly down the pecking order in recent years but it's still a big, rare, fantastic tune & one i'm pretty sure i'll never tire of hearing!

Simon :thumbsup:

Same as Simon and ive been saving up for a couple of months and got £300 in my Gene toones Fund alone so far but i also really want Dave Charles, aint gonna cry no more. dont want much do i, bloody wants lists sad.gif

Social source share

Same as Simon and ive been saving up for a couple of months and got £300 in my Gene toones Fund alone so far but i also really want Dave Charles, aint gonna cry no more. dont want much do i, bloody wants lists :no:

Top tune indeed. :thumbsup: Cut short our chinwag at Shooting High as I recall. Just feel inexorably drawn to the floor every time I hear it. Should be in everyone's top 10, or there's summing wrong wiv ya! wink.gif

Social source share

Top tune indeed. :thumbsup: Cut short our chinwag at Shooting High as I recall. Just feel inexorably drawn to the floor every time I hear it. Should be in everyone's top 10, or there's summing wrong wiv ya! :no:

Bored of hearing it personly

One im hammering is.........It was an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polker, dot bikini...........its massive :(

Played a record in Dublin weekend, passed it onto Steve Cato, few have the details, and will be spun this weekend, its gonna go yes.gif

Edited by Baz
Social source share

These are the meat and potatoes threads....lol not sure if you mean new spins? or current favs but the following get both Soul Shack and gig turntable action from me, most of this list are as cheap as chips but do it for me at least......

The Chimes - The Beginning Of My Life - Down To Earth - If this was a one- off it would be a Grand plus no problem, superb floater crosses over oh so well from Chicago.

Timothy Wilson - Just Another Guy (On A String) Buddah - Published by Jobete this record is sublime and should hold cult status already.

Continental Showstoppers - "Not Too Young" - Seventy Seven DJ - Eat your hearts out The Camero's.....lol stunning version, on a number of wants lists this one i bet?

Roy (Cortez) Butler - A Dream - Boo - A little harder to locate than the first three but well worth the hunt, can't stop playing this tune...yummy!

The Bronzettes - (Beggin) Baby Don't Leave Me - Double Soul - Holds the same backing track to Jerry - O's 'Karate Boo - ga - loo' or one of those type of records, instant quality produced by him so there is a connection, great female plodder holding a solid groove, wonderful record that must have been played way back, gonna give this one some serious turntable action, books at around £100.00 but not seen too many copies out there..... This could capture the imagination of the scene i'm sure.

Jimmy Love - Two Sides To Every Story - Josie - Class tune well worth £40.00 of anyones money, still has play's in it this one.

Sonny Rhodes - You Better Stop - Galaxy - Credit to Karl Heard for playing this beauty at 'Lifeline' last Saturday night, had this one for a good few years after buying it from Butch at a Cleethorpes weekender for about £25.00, took me a while then to get one having been on my wish list for a good few years before that, stunning West Coast, gritty, in your face dancer.

Johnny Barnes - Real Nice - Cap City - As the title suggests simply a 'real nice' not often played quality oldie, top of my pile anytime and for around £30.00 you won't find too many records better or in this class for the money.

The Four Voices - We Live In The Ghetto - Voice, Sublime group soul far easier to locate than their Monster on the same lable' My Love Is Getting Stronger' but of the same quality.

Chuck Ray - Come Alive - Five - O - Written and Arranged by Eddie Silvers so strong Chicago connections here, a very cheap record....well it used to be and i'm sure it still is, wonderful tune that has had some turntable abuse in the 'Soul Shack' www.solarradio.com

Not monsters but nice records...a few more tucked away for another time...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The Bronzettes - (Beggin) Baby Don't Leave Me - Double Soul - Holds the same backing track to Jerry - O's 'Karate Boo - ga - loo' or one of those type of records, instant quality produced by him so there is a connection, great female plodder holding a solid groove, wonderful record that must have been played way back, gonna give this one some serious turntable action, books at around £100.00 but not seen too many copies out there..... This could capture the imagination of the scene i'm sure.

...so, like...would I not be able to play this out then at our soiree in mackem-land in May seeing as you've already playlist-claimed it, Mark? wicked.gif Cracking record, love it.

One I can't stop treating the neighbours to is (both sides of) The Huns Review on Sorro - Don't Make Me Love You/Danger Zone. Now that's a hard b*stard of a record if ever there was one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Top tune indeed. :thumbsup: Cut short our chinwag at Shooting High as I recall. Just feel inexorably drawn to the floor every time I hear it. Should be in everyone's top 10, or there's summing wrong wiv ya! :no:

it certainly did cut our chat short Ian but like you say its got floor draw appeal in abundance. in my top 5 thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Bored of hearing it personly

One im hammering is.........It was an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polker, dot bikini...........its massive tongue.gif

Played a record in Dublin weekend, passed it onto Steve Cato, few have the details, and will be spun this weekend, its gonna go :thumbsup:

Baz is your poker dot bikini massive or this record thats a secret :no:

Social source share

...so, like...would I not be able to play this out then at our soiree in mackem-land in May seeing as you've already playlist-claimed it, Mark? wicked.gif Cracking record, love it.

One I can't stop treating the neighbours to is (both sides of) The Huns Review on Sorro - Don't Make Me Love You/Danger Zone. Now that's a hard b*stard of a record if ever there was one :thumbsup:

Nice one...you play it son and i'll humb it...lol or the other way round...cracking tune like you say.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The Four Voices - We Live In The Ghetto - Voice, Sublime group soul far easier to locate than their Monster on the same lable' My Love Is Getting Stronger' but of the same quality.

Do you have a sound clip of this Mark?

Seems like Manship prefers the other side...

Social source share

Baz is your poker dot bikini massive or this record thats a secret :shades:

What you saying im a fat cross dresser! :no::(

Its a secrect for the time being, gives me chance to stock up and sell them on when they get higher demand :thumbsup: know Karl Rhodes is going to be spinning it at Almwich nighter this weekend thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Me and sound clips don't get on...lol but i'm sure someone on here will be able to provide one...Joan is pretty good at that sought of thing and i'm sure she has the record..the flip is also a nice tune so John is also right on that one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Ah, it would have to be the Bobby Womack "Runaway" acetate.... but that's only because nobody else could play it (as I have exclusive DJ'ing rights to it).

biggrin.gif

Sean

how about you do a dub of it and sell the acetate to me :thumbsup: , do you have a sound clip of it Sean for us all to share :no:

Social source share

Bugger me, i just looked on JM's site and i see what you mean...but the 'bugger me' was the price £150.00 but thinking about it the tunes quality backs that up, i really had no idea it was that kind of money so sorry for not providing that information, well worth a punt.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Funny that. You're not the first to ask... but sadly I only have the 'DJ Rights' and not the 'Copyright'.

So NO!

:thumbsup:

do you know something Sean, i dont know why but i knew you was going to say that :no:

anyone have the copyright for sale instead then laugh.gif

Social source share

These are the meat and potatoes threads....lol not sure if you mean new spins? or current favs but the following get both Soul Shack and gig turntable action from me, most of this list are as cheap as chips but do it for me at least......

Continental Showstoppers - "Not Too Young" - Seventy Seven DJ - Eat your hearts out The Camero's.....lol stunning version, on a number of wants lists this one i bet?

Love this record.Play it out whenever possible.Glad I picked it up few years ago off Roger Banks for £15. :thumbsup:

Jimmy Love - Two Sides To Every Story - Josie - Class tune well worth £40.00 of anyones money, still has play's in it this one.

Played this at last Bourne for Soul.Got a great response.I agree mark well worth £40.Believe Craig Moerer has a few in stock at $55. thumbsup.gif

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Sonny Rhodes - You Better Stop - Galaxy - Credit to Karl Heard for playing this beauty at 'Lifeline' last Saturday night, had this one for a good few years after buying it from Butch at a Cleethorpes weekender for about £25.00, took me a while then to get one having been on my wish list for a good few years before that, stunning West Coast, gritty, in your face dancer.

Credit to Karl Heard for getting his arse into the R&B rooms where this has been very popular for the last couple of years thanks to Hoss.

Social source share

Credit to Karl Heard for getting his arse into the R&B rooms where this has been very popular for the last couple of years thanks to Hoss.

Cool.... i simply heard him play it at Lifeline Saturday and mentioned the fact, as i don't attend R'n'B based venues or rooms too often i was unaware of this, sorry if i got it wrong and as i said in my original review here i have had the record! well not been to Cleethorpes for about seven years and must have got it at about the second or third weekender and have played it on the show many times over the years...a very good tune indeed. Credit to Hoss and you Sir...cheers.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark as good as (Beggin) Baby is the flipside is just fantastic flip it and see for you're self :thumbsup:

Steve J

I know Steve superb tune but was simply highlighting the top side perhaps i should have mentioned it's a superb double header...cheers.

Social source share

Guest Rowly

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Nice to see I'm in some good company! :thumbsup:

Been hammering this myself for a good while now myself at places like London Bridge, Mousetrap, Shooting High etc.... Class Tune!

Social source share

ITS AN ABSOLUTE CRACKER [GOOD TASTE HOSS]THERE SO MUCH TO BE HAD BY TRAWLING THE LIKES OF GALAXY,SAR,DUKE,DE LUX,MAY,KING,ETC GREAT LOGOS WITH MANY HIDDEN TREASURES. thumbsup.gif

BAZ A.

Social source share

My 'Top 3 bedroom spins that sound like they should be monsters' are-

French Coffey - Nothing from nothing - Pick a Hit

Teah Louise - You happened to me - Coastal

Young Devines - Ain't that sharp - Note

I'm sure they're known but i reckon they haven't been played out half as much as they deserve to be!

Played all three at Yarmouth recently to a good response :shades: and I reckon some if not all will get played tonight at the Orwell (sorry couldn't resist the plug :thumbsup: )

Just realised that this isn't really the subject of the original thread whistling.gif

So the record I'm hearing out, playing out and generally loving a lot is

Summits - Can't get over losing you - Dontee

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

My 'Top 3 bedroom spins that sound like they should be monsters' are-

French Coffey - Nothing from nothing - Pick a Hit

Teah Louise - You happened to me - Coastal

Young Devines - Ain't that sharp - Note

I'm sure they're known but i reckon they haven't been played out half as much as they deserve to be!

Played all three at Yarmouth recently to a good response :yes: and I reckon some if not all will get played tonight at the Orwell (sorry couldn't resist the plug :D )

Just realised that this isn't really the subject of the original thread :yes:

So the record I'm hearing out, playing out and generally loving a lot is

Summits - Can't get over losing you - Dontee

Cheers

Steve

Young Divines is Fabulous :yes: - so much so it came out twice on th same label.

Social source share

These are some of the titles I have heard today at the I-Tune's computer (recorded from dofferent CD's):

PEDDLERS- "On A Clear Day" (what a ultra-cool voice!)

SIDESTEPPERS - "Hoy Tenemos"

STANLEY TURRENTINE - "Veracruz"

MONGO SANTAMARIA - "Cookie"

LITTLE DOOLEY - "Now Or Never"

CARMEN LUNDY - "You're Not In Love"

PHYLLIS HYMAN - "It Takes Two"

BLUE MAGIC - "The Answer To My Prayers"

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

The weather. That's hot at the minute. :thumbsup:

Lots of current fave's .....Gold of my life, the Mixed Emotions and I don't have to- The Quotations are two that spring to mind.

I just picked up that too Maark, its getting better and better the more i listen to it :ohmy:

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Top 10 for me that i am playing at N.C.S.C wolverhampton allnighter

GERRI HALL / WHO CAN I RUN TO / HOT LINE

THE MAGNETICS / I HAVE A GIRL / RA-SEL

JACKIE DAY / NAUGHTY BOY / PHELECTRON

BOBBY CASH / NOBODY KNOWS / KAP-TEL

VONDELLS / HEY GIRL YOU'VE CHANGED / AIRTOWN

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES / DANCE SENORITA / SYMBOL

GENE TOONES / WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT / SIMCO

THE IMPOSSIBLES / IT'S ALL RIGHT / ROULETTE

THE QUOTATIONS / I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY / DiVENUS

CURTIS LEE IS / SHE IN YOUR TOWN / MICA

Edited by Phil Richards