Ebay Madness

What nut job is bidding $2000.00 on ebay for this.

Read the blurb & see what you think:

ERNESTINE EADY: "LET'S TALK IT OVER" b/w THE KAYETTES: "MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT". 100% original 7" / 45 rpm record made in the United States - Phil-LA Of Soul #302. Has the 'Frankford/Wayne' mastering stamp in deadwax. Incredibly rare single in good condition. Visually it's only fair, yet the loud production of the cuts allows the music to just predominate over any surface noise. It is well used and has a constant surface noise, but the recording is heard over the noise so you can still enjoy it to a degree...I did... There may be a few moments of light static, but entire disc does play through without skipping on my turntable. If your turntable tends not to tolerate any record below VG, please do not bid. This 45 is being sold AS IS. I do not have soundclips of this record, but will be happy to play it for anyone via the phone to verify aural quality.

Fantastic record no doubt about that..........but in this condition who in thier right mind would be bidding like this ??????????. 24 hours to go.............let the insanity continue.

My flabber has been truly ghasted................comments anyone ????.

Russ

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

What nut job is bidding $2000.00 on ebay for this.

Read the blurb & see what you think:

ERNESTINE EADY: "LET'S TALK IT OVER" b/w THE KAYETTES: "MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT". 100% original 7" / 45 rpm record made in the United States - Phil-LA Of Soul #302. Has the 'Frankford/Wayne' mastering stamp in deadwax. Incredibly rare single in good condition. Visually it's only fair, yet the loud production of the cuts allows the music to just predominate over any surface noise. It is well used and has a constant surface noise, but the recording is heard over the noise so you can still enjoy it to a degree...I did... There may be a few moments of light static, but entire disc does play through without skipping on my turntable. If your turntable tends not to tolerate any record below VG, please do not bid. This 45 is being sold AS IS. I do not have soundclips of this record, but will be happy to play it for anyone via the phone to verify aural quality.

Fantastic record no doubt about that..........but in this condition who in thier right mind would be bidding like this ??????????. 24 hours to go.............let the insanity continue.

My flabber has been truly ghasted................comments anyone ????.

Russ

This dealer had the exact same item and description on ebay last month, along with the Imperial C's

Obviously didn't sell then!

Social source share

This is the same guy I warned you all about last time these two records were for sale. His grading is very suspect, and he wouldn't refund my money on the 45 that I bought off him. I'll bet these records were returned by the buyers. I'm telling you, he ain't a nice guy, and I won't do business with him ever again. DODGEY!!!! :lol:

Social source share

.....Visually it's only fair, yet the loud production of the cuts allows the music to just predominate over any surface noise. It is well used and has a constant surface noise.....

"Just predominate over any surface noise". I think he's saying you can just about hear the song over the styrene hiss, if you listen very carefully. That's the problem with styrene, once you get a hisser there's nothing much can be done with it.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

.....Visually it's only fair, yet the loud production of the cuts allows the music to just predominate over any surface noise. It is well used and has a constant surface noise.....

"Just predominate over any surface noise". I think he's saying you can just about hear the song over the styrene hiss, if you listen very carefully. That's the problem with styrene, once you get a hisser there's nothing much can be done with it.

It's not on styrene, is it? Thought all Phil L.A. stuff was vinyl? Lable scan certainly looks like a moulded on lable. Either way, it's f***ing knackered! :thumbsup:

post-1355-1177542767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

It's not on styrene, is it? Thought all Phil L.A. stuff was vinyl? Lable scan certainly looks like a moulded on lable. Either way, it's f***ing knackered! :thumbsup:

post-1355-1177542767_thumb.jpg

bottom line is.....theres only bout half a dozen known copies of this record..... however, i find it more than strange that this seller has advertised this self same 45 two times before & ended auctions early.....buyer beware methinks

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

This is the same guy I warned you all about last time these two records were for sale. His grading is very suspect, and he wouldn't refund my money on the 45 that I bought off him. I'll bet these records were returned by the buyers. I'm telling you, he ain't a nice guy, and I won't do business with him ever again. DODGEY!!!! :thumbsup:

i remember you pointing this out before, quinvy.......bid at your own risk

Social source share

Guest Trevski

bottom line is.....theres only bout half a dozen known copies of this record.....

True. However, you would, I'm sure, want to be able to enjoy listening to it, which is why we buy records in the first place, apart from the 'look what I've got', showing off mentality. If it sounds like someone is frying bacon over the top of it, then its a waste of money, IMHO. It's like buying a Van Gough that someone has thrown a can of white gloss over. Still a Van Gough, still megga rare, but you can't see it all anymore. Is it still worth millions?

Social source share

True. However, you would, I'm sure, want to be able to enjoy listening to it, which is why we buy records in the first place, apart from the 'look what I've got', showing off mentality. If it sounds like someone is frying bacon over the top of it, then its a waste of money, IMHO. It's like buying a Van Gough that someone has thrown a can of white gloss over. Still a Van Gough, still megga rare, but you can't see it all anymore. Is it still worth millions?

i agree with ya trev.....if ya cant get a goodun...then a badun will do till a goodun turns up..however, this PARTICULAR copy of this 45 has been advertised on ebay 3 times & discussed on here as many times....& many respected members of this site have said "leave this dealer alone", only my opinion :thumbsup:

Social source share

Now standing at 2750 USD ph34r.gif The thing about the new ebay system where bidders identities are hidden presumably makes it a lot easier for a seller to get his mates to bid up the price?

I did have a record of this guy not that long ago and it was rated as good with some surface noise throughout - it did clean up alright and infact the noise cleaned out to a level that is irrelevant for DJ'ing with - but the description he used then in the listing made it sound far better than ernestine eady - this looks far too knackered and given Quinvy's experience the buyer could end up with a very expensive piece of tat and no way back with the seller :thumbsup:

Mike

Social source share

Guest Trevski

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 26 2007, 10:38 AM) link
<!--quotec-->Now standing at 2750 USD :thumbsup: The thing about the new ebay system where bidders identities are hidden presumably makes it a lot easier for a seller to get his mates to bid up the price?

I did have a record of this guy not that long ago and it was rated as good with some surface noise throughout - it did clean up alright and infact the noise cleaned out to a level that is irrelevant for DJ'ing with - but the description he used then in the listing made it sound far better than ernestine eady - this looks far too knackered and given Quinvy's experience the buyer could end up with a very expensive piece of tat and no way back with the seller :thumbsup:

Mike

Finished at that to a buyer called cheekycarlie from Uk. Wonder who that was? Previous buys included Clarins firming cream and St. Patrics day tattoos! :thumbsup: (Imperal,C's unsold at £660 reserve not met)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

As I said the last time this came up - the ONLY use for this record is to cut it out and stick it on yer rekkid box.

Alternatively save yourself 2,750, cut out the photocopy of the label and stick it over some cheapie - I promise no one will ever know the difference :thumbsup:

Social source share

This dealer had the exact same item and description on ebay last month, along with the Imperial C's

Obviously didn't sell then!

the Imperial C,s is back for sale, although I thought it had been sold, sorry for poking my nose in, but my question is, is this the ebayer to be wary of?

Social source share

I think the last one did not match the reserve hence higher starting price this time around

but is it the same seller as ernastine eady, and did it have surface noise aswell, its one of my fave records, although cant afford it, and just washed woodys shirt with his lotto in it.

Social source share

but is it the same seller as ernastine eady, and did it have surface noise aswell, its one of my fave records, although cant afford it, and just washed woodys shirt with his lotto in it.

Lou, go with your gut feeling and keep well away from him.

Bought a few bits from him years ago, nothing was ever very good quality, then one had a scratch at the beginning and jumped.....never got a refund and gave up as only a 20 dollar record.

He's just no good in after sales department..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

the Imperial C,s is back for sale, although I thought it had been sold, sorry for poking my nose in, but my question is, is this the ebayer to be wary of?

The grading has now magically gone up to "Record is visually in VG+ condition (beautiful gloss), plays VG++."

Hmph - next time will it be "Mint-" :thumbsup:

Still looks totally fooked to me.

Social source share

Eady is deffo fooked, but isn't it a different copy of Imperial C's, didn't last months copy have a issue label one side/demo the other?.......have we stopped talking about the columbian Shrine guy??

Good point about the demo / issue - still this guys "vg+" is probably everyone elses "g-" - the label looks like it's filthy.

The Colombian guy has been "FARQ"d possibly :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert