• Replies 34
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest OskarB

The name of the album this is featured on slipped my mind, someone please help out?

Know it is on the album in question (cd only?)

Know about the 12" (price?)

Was it issued in any other format?

Social source share

Guest JohanT

The name of the album this is featured on slipped my mind, someone please help out?

Also came out on CD single with the "correct" mix. I have a spare somewhere if anybody is interested in the cd single.

/Johan

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I sold a 12" RCA about four years back at the Skegness weekender for £80 plus £85 in trade's Very hard to find this one!

Steve J

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I AM LOOKING FOR A COPY OF AL GREEN'S "KEEP ON PUSHING LOVE" WHICH I THINK WAS RELEASED IN 1994 ON RCA.

it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg on vinyl pete - way overpriced imho! i'm sure someone on her will burn you a cd

that's a nice harbour-wall break btw, where is it? presume you're on a longboard given the shape of the wave?

bw, mark

Social source share

With respect, this "correct" mix is a load of old bollocks. The CD version on Don't Look Back is fantastic and is always the version I've heard out. It's available for a tenner and the rest of the CD is great too. That's all you need.

I don't think i've ever heard the LP mix out...and I think it pales in comparison to the Dave Lee mix. Horses for courses eh!!

The 12" was promo only - there was a reason why it never issued but I don't recall why. Supposedly a press fault on the promo too - a very slight 'buzz' can be heard but to be honest i've never really noticed it. As mentioned there are CD singles containing the 'correct' mix and these can usually be picked up quite cheaply - and they don't have the 'buzz' thats supposed to be on the 12".

Girf

Social source share

Thanks guys.. it shows how long I've been 'away from the scene' - people talking about getting a copy on CD.. and it being OK :thumbsup: tsk!

If anyone turns up a 12" please let me know.

(and the Harbour wave I'm riding is 'near' Brighton - let me know if you want to ride it & I'll take you there one day)

post-8371-1177311039_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Adam G

No it's from94 on RCA No Keep1 the track to play is Joey Negro's old school mix if you want to listen to all four mix's hear is a link

https://www.discogs.com/release/214679

Steve J

The CD was released in 1993.The 12" promo was released after so a bit confusing?

The version on the CD is the mix for me as well just excellant.

Gareth the cd version was massive on its release at the early Soul Essence weekenders you must have heard it then!.

Adam

Edited by Adam G
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

No it's from94 on RCA No Keep1 the track to play is Joey Negro's old school mix if you want to listen to all four mix's hear is a link

https://www.discogs.com/release/214679

Steve J

The CD was released in 1993.The 12" promo was released after so a bit confusing?

The version on the CD is the mix for me as well just excellant.

Gareth the cd version was massive on its release at the early Soul Essence weekenders you must have heard it then!.

Adam

Just seen this on SOULMOTION web site.

Al Green - Keep On Pushing Love - RCA DJ CD - £50 ( Pic Insert - Monster Modern Soul)

Adam the lp came out in 93.

I was talking about the 12" RCA copy.

Steve J

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Cheers, mate - have emailed him.

I had this on the flip of Beris Hammond.. Do This World a Favour, on an acetate from somewhere, sold it on here few months ago.

Also sold album last year to JM I think :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest JohanT

With respect, this "correct" mix is a load of old bollocks. The CD version on Don't Look Back is fantastic and is always the version I've heard out. It's available for a tenner and the rest of the CD is great too. That's all you need.

Well, we're not all in the UK are we? :(:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Cheers, mate - have emailed him.

I've got a spare white label RCA demo in M-. It's got the Joey Negro Old Skool Mix on it which is the one you want.....trust me :( If anyone wants it, PM me and we'll haggle. Jo

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

just remembered, there's an alternative if you want a copy to play on vinyl - it's on the soul togetherness 2001 compilation on expansion - if you look on their website it's got a track listing for the cd

i can sell you a copy of the double LP for £20

:D

Social source share

Source Advert