Info Please

NEV

HI ALL

BEEN LOOKING FOR A COPY OF THIS FOR A WHILE AND NOTHING SEEMS TO TURN UP(INFOWISE).

LUCKY DAVIS-IT'S NOT WHERE YOU START, IT'S WHERE YOU FINISH

IS IT LP ONLY ?

EVER ISSUED?

OR A RARE 45?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

NEV :yes:

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's on a 45, Highland. Released twice, original has yellow label. Later 2nd issue orange label.

Shouldn't be too hard to track a copy down (famous last words :yes: ).

CHEERS CHALKY thumbsup.gif

GO TO TOP OF THE CLASS

AM I SEARCHING FOR THE CORRECT TITLE/ARTIST?

NEV

Social source share

It says LuckEy Davis on the label...

Lotusland records had a small quantity of the orange label a while back, maybe they've got a spare somewhere. Turns up on ebay every now and then. The yellow one is harder to find, but same versions. Instrumental flip.

Amazing tune!

Social source share

It says LuckEy Davis on the label...

Lotusland records had a small quantity of the orange label a while back, maybe they've got a spare somewhere. Turns up on ebay every now and then. The yellow one is harder to find, but same versions. Instrumental flip.

Amazing tune!

You might want to try Mike Vegh, who is on here, I think I've seen him sell it before.

Social source share

I used to love this despite the immortal line "Kids at school used to laugh at me 'cos of the patchy pants I used to wear" :thumbsup:

Ay oop Robin, wasn't it...

'Kids at school used to laugh at me, leather patches, pants outworn'

I always smiled so that they didn't see,

The tears I held deep inside of me'

Picked my first copy up in Leicester Oddfellows early 80's for £2, made up to f*ck.

I made the mistake of leaving it on the table at the services on the way home, went for a piss and hey presto the 60's Mafia had a new ash tray.

Bastards. :D

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Definitely was. A huge spin at Clifton Hall too!

:D

Thanks all for top info supplied.

have managed to find a copy so thats one less on the list! :thumbsup:

tis a good choon imho and such a happy choon ,maybe ready for a bit of re-activation me thinks.

personally i do think there are so many great choons that need re-activation as well as newly discovered ones,people remember them from happy days and get up and dance simply because they do know them .

glad to hear no one slagging it off all the same :D

cheers

Nev

Social source share

Thanks all for top info supplied.

have managed to find a copy so thats one less on the list! :thumbsup:

tis a good choon imho and such a happy choon ,maybe ready for a bit of re-activation me thinks.

personally i do think there are so many great choons that need re-activation as well as newly discovered ones,people remember them from happy days and get up and dance simply because they do know them .

glad to hear no one slagging it off all the same :D

cheers

Nev

It's a great toon for sure Nev. I like the message in the lyrics - I like many others on here come from a very poor family - I remember having holes and stuff in my pants at school. I don't care now - but those things are hard when you're a kid - you don't like to stand out from the crowd. I'm a big show off now and like to be different! :P

I started a thread on here not so long back about played and forgotten modern soul. There were some great posts and sound clips on that.

Cheers Mate. :D

Peter

Social source share

It's a great toon for sure Nev. I like the message in the lyrics - I like many others on here come from a very poor family - I remember having holes and stuff in my pants at school. I don't care now - but those things are hard when you're a kid - you don't like to stand out from the crowd. I'm a big show off now and like to be different! :D

I started a thread on here not so long back about played and forgotten modern soul. There were some great posts and sound clips on that.

Cheers Mate. :thumbsup:

Peter

Hi Pete

know where yer coming from mate,

four brothers and one sister all at school at the same time ,council house ,father a painter and decorater,mother at home, xmas pressies on the provvy and hand me downs for school!

most people were in the same boat so more happy memories than sad ones.

:D Nev

p.s short pants ,holes in my knees!shoes that didnt fit(blisters)ouch :angry:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert