Sylvia Croasdell

• Replies 129
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You were in my dreams last night Sylvia

Remember when we were Jiving (badly) on a packed dancefloor on the Sunday night at Cleethorpes when it was still in the back room? The looks we got will stay with me forever. We just carried on - laughing and taking up as much space as possible, and doing our best to encourage others to join in

I dearly hope to get to Newcastle next week to say goodbye, cry a little, laugh a lot and celebrate what a beautiful person you were

xx

Social source share

Really knocked for six last Saturday at Keele when i got the news..

That special smile everytime she caught your eye..She was a person who could light a room up alone..Cheeky and lots fun the times i spoke to here...It will not be the same at Cleethorpes this year with no Syllvia,i am sure we will all have a quiet moment to reflect on the North East Princess...

Really moved to tears to see all the messages on this site...

Life and Soul

Steve x

Sorry i don't know how to remove my signature below my post,is anyone can pm me and let me know how..

Social source share

We heard this horrible news the other night-we couldn`t quite believe our ears. Please accept our heartfelt condolences, Adrian.

Stuart and Cathryn (And Keith)

The Barrow Hill Soul Club

======

hi ady,,,

please accept my condolences

didnt know her personally

best wishes to her family

regards

mark freeman

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

med_gallery_1400_1097_58024.jpg

I've been very sad since last Friday but want to remember Sylvia having fun and I know others will too.

I'll miss you Sylv.....rest in peace.

X

Edited by Karen Heath
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

My mother rarely had a good word to say about anyone. But she once saw a photo of Sylvia and remarked on how beautiful she was. She was right too.......beautiful outside and in.

I'll miss you Sylvia and will always remember those times 'on the train' with you, as you referred to it. Most of all, I'll remember you hammering those maracas during Jet and Tony's 'honeymoon.'

For now, I'm just trying to think of you as having got on a different train - it's much too soon to have to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you and your family and the many other people who have been devastated by this terrible news. You are loved and will never be forgotten.

Wendy x

Social source share

Oh Sylvia, I just hope you realised how much everyone loved you before you took off. 'Darkest days' the last couple of years, but so many happy memories too. Hardly ever charging us for getting into the 100 Club (sorry Ady), hostess with the mostest from the very first Cleethorpes, especially the fantastic 'tears in their eyes' farewell Sunday nights when you could really let your hair down, the great nights out like Keele when you weren't on duty, mad rambles in the 100 club ladies, the fabulous outfits, baby showers in posh hotels where the staff didn't quite know what to make of us all, you dancing to Annabelle Fox 'Lonely Girl' at 10 to 8 on so many Sunday mornings. Glamorous & beautiful to the end, though you were never quite convinced. I'm sure you know now.

My heart breaks for Ady, Sue, your children, family & close ones, but you're in a better place.

As they say in that new-fangled modern room Deep Sensation number - "Somewhere, somewhere, there's a soul heaven, where a lot of your old friends that you've been missing for a long time, will be singing some of your favourite songs." Mine's a Havana Club & Coke when I see you there honey, and in the meantime I hope you're sharing a few gins with all the folks we know who've gone before. I'll have the barstool next to Lynden David Hall thanks.

Too many cheesy northern titles to quote, but I guess 'I'll never forget you' says it best.

With all our love,

Theresa, Justin, Leon & Reuben Price, and the new Price baby-to-be (have a word upstairs and send us a girl, for God's sake)

Social source share

Same sentiments as all other posters,Sylvie danced to the first record i ever played at the 100club remember it well"let the music play"Didi Noel.........sorry i`m rubbish! at these things,but gonna`miss ya`and my thoughts are with Sue and the big bald fella and Ady and family and they`re freinds,Theresa`s post is a good one.

Ken.

Social source share

Very sad news indeed, I knew Sylvia in the mid 80s and she was a larger than life character then. I remember going to a party round at Amanda from Brightons flat and she cooked a spaghetti bolognase which Sylvia (a little tired and emotional) promptly tipped into her handbag :rolleyes:

Rest in peace Sylvia, my thoughts are with her family.

Ps. Is anyone driving up from London to the funeral?

Please pm me

Thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert