Thats the kind of keepsake you want ....Northern soul history

Mand :boxing:

Only wish some kind soul had taken loads of footage inside Notts palais

I'd have been on there!

Me too Mand - but only on one occasion :lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Ganche....Kaz was a brill dancer...she really was...sorry Steve.....Delxx

Totally agree - awesome but will always remain in my recollections was the pained soulful expressions on her face reflecting the lyrics as she danced - haven't seen her since - nice girl and one I'd like see let loose with the few idiots on our scene today. :boxing: Boy or Girl :lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Don't think that's him Ganche

Think that was stated earlier - your post brings up no new or interesting comments.

Social source share

Who can remember the crop circle dancer [he could move around the floor :thumbup: ]

I certainly do He stood on my foot !!! :thumbsup:

Just kiddin Span ..you haven't give us your fave dancer have you ? ...

And no you can't vote for yourself!!!! :lol:

Mand ohmy.gif

Social source share

Seen it noted elsewhere in this post... but for 30+ & 40+ peeps some are still able to cut the mustard... Whatever your tastes in dance styles etc, I thinks its still good to see the floor busy - not a zimmer frame in sight (yet) .... good on em I say... :thumbup:

We need more footage like that!!! :thumbsup:

altho I did see the odd out of control spin!

I recognise Jc (Ana's Friend)

Sam Evans

and Johnny ( forest towns recent winner bottom left corner )

I will see if I can dig up some midlands footage

Mand thumbsup.gif

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

We need more footage like that!!! yes.gif

altho I did see the odd out of control spin!

I recognise Jc (Ana's Friend)

Sam Evans

and Johnny ( forest towns recent winner bottom left corner )

I will see if I can dig up some midlands footage

Mand :thumbup:

Just been watchig some of the youtube offerings

Seriously makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck!!!

And after all this time I was awtching some of the full wigan footage and thought I saw someone I recognise from todays scene!!!

What I want to find is small club footage like pilsley ,bentinck and kingway hall surely there must be some posted up

Social source share

Guest krawen

Just been watchig some of the youtube offerings

Seriously makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck!!!

And after all this time I was awtching some of the full wigan footage and thought I saw someone I recognise from todays scene!!!

What I want to find is small club footage like pilsley ,bentinck and kingway hall surely there must be some posted up

I would think Andy Holroyd Tracy's husband ( another great dancer ) would have video footage of all the venues you've mentioned above , but I dont know if he comes on here to post them up for you.

Steve B

Social source share

I would think Andy Holroyd Tracy's husband ( another great dancer ) would have video footage of all the venues you've mentioned above , but I dont know if he comes on here to post them up for you.

Steve B

He used to have a website at one time..cant find it now tho' :thumbup: ....what you up to this weekend steve...we popping over to mexborough on sunday...empress ballrooms

Bazza

Social source share

Guest krawen

He used to have a website at one time..cant find it now tho' :thumbsup: ....what you up to this weekend steve...we popping over to mexborough on sunday...empress ballrooms

Bazza

I'm at work till 11 tonight so thats Friday sorted,

at a 40th birthday on Saturday in Newark, so I might be joining you at Mexborough Sunday mate, Karen will be ready for a dance as we've had a bit of an eventful up and down type week .

We lost our youngest dog Wednesday to kidney failure :thumbup: ( 4 years old ) But on the up side,last Monday we bought another pup, It's not Little Annie as Karen first wanted , it's a brindle and white dog and she says it's going to be called George ohmy.gif

Steve B

Social source share

I'm at work till 11 tonight so thats Friday sorted,

at a 40th birthday on Saturday in Newark, so I might be joining you at Mexborough Sunday mate, Karen will be ready for a dance as we've had a bit of an eventful up and down type week .

We lost our youngest dog Wednesday to kidney failure :thumbup: ( 4 years old ) But on the up side,last Monday we bought another pup, It's not Little Annie as Karen first wanted , it's a brindle and white dog and she says it's going to be called George ohmy.gif

Steve B

Hi Steve..sorry to hear about your dog,very upsetting..Im soft as a brush,when it comes to our dog...hope to see you and Karen Sunday then

Bazza

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

There was a girl called Linda from Grimsby/ Cleethorpes who used to go to Wigan. She had short cropped blond hair and wore baggies rather than the normal circular skirt.....INCREDIBLE dancer - so fluid...it was like watching water...I met up with her in the 8Ts at Dingwalls one night and she still had the moves. I have a photo somewhere - I'll scan it in and see if anyone remembers her. Just the BEST dancer, male or female that I've ever seen. Along with Kim Styles, from Tunbridge Wells - another martial artist...like Keb and Sandy Holt, his moves were genius - and an ex of mine, Martin Bishop. He had a move where he'd spin, go straight down into side splits, look up, pull himself up on an imaginary rope and grin....and carry on dancing - beautiful dancer....Jo

Social source share

Steve B

Steve there is a soulandy on youtube

But no small club clips and I know that him and Tracy go all over

Social source share

There was a girl called Linda from Grimsby/ Cleethorpes who used to go to Wigan. She had short cropped blond hair and wore baggies rather than the normal circular skirt.....INCREDIBLE dancer - so fluid...it was like watching water...I met up with her in the 8Ts at Dingwalls one night and she still had the moves. I have a photo somewhere - I'll scan it in and see if anyone remembers her. Just the BEST dancer, male or female that I've ever seen. Along with Kim Styles, from Tunbridge Wells - another martial artist...like Keb and Sandy Holt, his moves were genius - and an ex of mine, Martin Bishop. He had a move where he'd spin, go straight down into side splits, look up, pull himself up on an imaginary rope and grin....and carry on dancing - beautiful dancer....Jo

I love it whe the Djs sit up and take notice ...

We'd love to see scans etc to add to the growing thread!

Mand :wicked:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Ganche....Kaz was a brill dancer...she really was...sorry Steve.....Delxx

As I said before - she was "slightly" soulful on the expressions front :unsure: A gr8 gal - lovely dancer.

Social source share

Guest nubes

As I said before - she was "slightly" soulful on the expressions front :unsure: A gr8 gal - lovely dancer.

Yes she was....last time i saw her was at a nighter in Leicester.during the mid to late 80s....Starlight 2001...i think the venue was.....she told me that she had become christian..and was just saying goodbye to her old way of life....Delxx

Social source share

That was nice to watch. They did a good job with the special effects(or whatever it's called)....enjoyed watching it.

Una

The footage is done by Mick Cooper absolutely fantastic photography and video footage put together very professionally and hes also a DJ!

Mand :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest markmtfc

I ve only seen Steve on function at the junction short film

But I do know hes "legendary"

and a bloody nice fellow!

And Mr Churm but of course! very good also!

I like it when clubs name drop dancers too.... good for publicity

Gary cherm, he takes the entire room up, plus hes a dead ringer for ron pedley when he dances :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest markmtfc

Curley from Notts, Steve phyllis , and Shippo for his flloorwork, poetry in motion. oh and ion the greek

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

Una

The footage is done by Mick Cooper absolutely fantastic photography and video footage put together very professionally and hes also a DJ!

Mand :thumbsup:

Some of the writing on it almost made me cry "our northern souls are calling us back".... and erm the middle age part :rolleyes: Bloody top middle age dancers though :rolleyes:

Una

Social source share

Gary cherm, he takes the entire room up, plus hes a dead ringer for ron pedley when he dances whistling.gif

Mark didnt you say that earlier on in this thread or was that someone else??? whistling.gif

Possibly one of the attic guys LOL in which case he would take up the whole floor :thumbsup:

PS who is ron pedley when hes at home??

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert